The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

After i took my long at 1.2548 I took some profit off my trade for 30 pips at 1.2580 on the fiber Letting 20% run as to me we are still bullish which HTF definitely suggest im still going to be looking for long position until market structure suggest otherwise. I know this usdx says this and everything else suggest that but if you look at pure price action and market structure guys how can anybody be suggesting going short?

If only this had triggered in a KZā€¦ :slight_smile:

As you know it did hit 2580 and it was in a kill zone the london close 1500 gmt if this was what you were looking for that would have been the perfect time to take it.

Its probably a good thing it didnā€™t trigger in LO or NY openā€¦ I had this pegged as a possible monthly highā€¦ I doubt it would run up to such a level if it was posting a new swing high in LC given the volatility/liquidity issues for this time of yearā€¦

[B]Trades for August 23 2012[/B]

These are a list of trades I took todayā€¦

[B]AUD/USDā€¦[/B]

Entry at 1.0520 which was 8 pips from todays high. I was anticipating this short entry for a long time now. If you pull up a Weekly Chart you will see a nice OTE setup. Price played with the 79% level early August and moved lower. This week I was anticipating a move into OTE from August 9thā€™s high to low formed on August 17th. Last nights Asian Range went into this OTE and bounced off nicely. I waited for LO and found another OTE which I pulled the trigger and took it down.

[B]NZD/USDā€¦[/B]

Entry at 0.8170 which was 10 pips from todays high. I was anticipating this short entry as long as my Aussie short. If you pull up a Weekly Chart you will see a nice OTE setup. Price went up into the sweet spot and bounced off nicely. This week I was anticipating a move into this OTE which during the Asian Range we bounce quite nicely off the 79% level. I got in a little to early and true entry should have been 8177. But I canā€™t complain to much and took another trade down.

AUD/USD and NZD/USD made SMT divergence during LOā€¦

[B]GBP/USDā€¦[/B]

Entry at 1.5900 which was 10 pips from todays high. I shouldnā€™t have to say much about this pair since ICT spelled it out for us in his reviews. Couple things I noticed was previous days R3 pivot, current days MR1 pivot, 5900 level, and 62% level nesting right around the same area today. We opened up above Central Pivot into resistance and I was looking for OTE which was violated a little bit because the entry was actually a turtle soup setup. I held in there tho and took this trade down.

[B]EUR/USDā€¦[/B]

Entry at 1.2557 which was probably my worst trade. I thought it was an OTE but it went down 20 pips, I moved stop to breakeven. I was then stopped out with no loss. I then reentered at R1 and 2580 level as I was noticing divergence between the cable and fiber. This trade was a poor trade but none the less it was a profit.

[B]Thoughtsā€¦[/B]

I am playing these as long term trades. I have taken off some of my position and going to relax and watch how they play out. Iā€™ve never entered on a long term trade before and would like to experience the feeling. I hope this is the one for me.

So why did I enter on all 4 pairs. Well itā€™s kind of a stupid story and I will keep it at that. I just wanted to show a family member of mine pretty much how accurate this trade gig can be.

With that said, good luck and good trading!!!

EDIT: Currently sitting at 216 pips!!!

After Thoughtsā€¦

Iā€™m not sure if I entered to early on these trades for a long term trade or not. The market is pretty bullish yet. Should I have taken full profit today and not let some of the position left to run hoping we turn bearish?

It looks like the Fiber could very easily trade up to the 2600 level and 79% level.

Still trying to learn and hopefully someone can give good feed back on trying to enter longer term trades and the proper way of doing so (maybe a livestream of ICT would be niceā€¦:54:)

I forgot to post thisā€¦One of the BIG reasons for shorting todayā€¦

[B]Cable & Fiber Divergenceā€¦[/B]

[B]USDX & Swissy Divergenceā€¦[/B]

[B]Aussie & Kiwi Divergenceā€¦[/B]

I would for sure take some off the table. The cable is so close to that 1.6 big big fig I canā€™t imagine it not getting there and itā€™s the sweet spot.

[B]It is really nice to see your frustration has subsided and turned into controlled effort at learning this trading game, perseverance certainly pays. I will offer my comments not on what you should do but what I am watching for because you could certainly hold onto these trades.

E/U - We just broke above significant highs and yesterdays Judas retested that resistance turned support and we have launched up. What I would look for holding a short position would be a retest of that support and the profits highly likely to be taken at swing formed after the Judas easily seen on the 1H. If you go to a weekly view We have come off significant lows and the larger swing has a lot of bullish room. Side note; I believe COT has been showing us signs of accumulating longs.

G/U - Again broken resistance which is now support and would be nice to take profits at the retest because again a very bullish picture looking at the daily swing and the room to move higher.

A/U & N/U - Both showing the same scenario on daily. Both currently retest a support line, and if it breaks look for a nice move down with the swing point loads of pips away.[/B]

That is what I see, and this was an exercise in analysis for me, more so than providing advice to someone who is also finding their way.

GLGT

I have taken half off of most of the tradesā€¦for example Aussie and Kiwi both got to their ADR which was my first profit.

I just donā€™t see it getting up to the 6000 full figure for awhile. In my eyes I see a down hill slope from here (at least until next OTE or Seasonal Session). Everything seems so bearish at the moment and the USDX seems very bullish (Divergence all over the place), but I have been tricked before.

Shorted fiber @ LC based on same premise as PIPhanger.

looks like bearish usdx to me on a daily anyway. i do see what your saying tho higher highs.

Hi everyone,

Can someone help with this ?
Looking at todayā€™s Fibre there is a common scene that causes me confusion. Just after 8.00 GMT price sweeps out of Asian range ā€œPoss Judasā€ pulls back and creates OTE looks like a bull day, so far so good. However itā€™s getting toward NY open, so the question is at what point do you decide, this is not as expected and is actually a bear day. see screen shot, blue vertical 8:00 GMT, Green 12:00 GMT. Thanks

Citation needed

Donā€™t take my completely word for it but its not a true reversal.

Youā€™d want to see an inside close followed with another candle inside close.

So typically lets say you were bullish youā€™d want to see a swing down, I usually look for a strong candle bar down with a decent sized wick the longer the better, then the next candle will open inside but it cannot stab below if it stabbed below then Iā€™m assuming a continuation down even if its a little bit and it closes above its open. So by the 3rd candle I should be in or just before the 2nd candle closed.

Also with a second glance it looks like you were using a 5 min chart w/o the HTF :confused:

Hi Tansen, thanks for responding, I think this will. I have to go out now so time to get a good look at what you are saying. I will come back to you if I donā€™t get it.

SteveB,
A picture is worth a thousand words. 2012-08-24_0611 - CAVERFXā€™s library It shows the divergance on a 1 hour chart. Also, Price has been grinding around the last two days. The Euro and Pound dosnā€™t want to give up any ground they have made but nothing can go up forever without a retrace.

yep, spotted the divergence yesterday, promptly ignored it this morning (aka, forgot to recheck HTF) and got stopped out 20 pips on my long Fiber DOH (same trade posted above by SteveB).

Also, first post here, I must reiterate the overall sentiment, ICT rules! :35: :cool:

Studying his work has seriously transformed my overall trading! I still have lots to learn!

How about, yes, you got one wrong, so did I, a tiny loss, so what? You could have been right.

Get what ICT says, you donā€™t have to be right, you just want to make money.

Itā€™s only the market thatā€™s right, and even that is only within the market, and if youā€™re not the market you wonā€™t always be right.

Got some nice pips also today, one is still runningā€¦ First one was in middle of London when i took short EUR/USD from 2552, OTE area, took half off when 30+ and the other half close out manually @ 2509. Second trade was also short from 2559, OTE area and already took off some @ 2530, the rest can do whatever wants to doā€¦Im realy really surprised how price nicely bounces of these levels, still cant believe it. These concepts are really strong, and do really make wonders

First Trade

Second Trade

Oh I said donā€™t take my complete word for it because I am not the system originator I just see my own slight variation