The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

Hello all fellow traders, I am going through videos in the first topic, almost done with half of them. material looks so helpful so far. really gave me deeper insight of market and trading.

i really appreciate your effort for preparing those videos and presenting them to us. thanks michael.

i am going to watch rest of the videos and practice the material and be more active under this topic with you ICT folks.

good luck everyone

Thanks bro :smiley: A win is a win, donā€™t worry about taking the wrong pair haha! :wink:

:18: Yeah me ether but it seemed to fit at the time! IDK

Thatā€™s pretty much search and destroy alright.

ahhh just came homeā€¦
this month Iā€™m really excellent at missing out nice moves hahaha
Next week I will be back with a cleaner set of eyes;)

This was my first month of Livetrading (actually it was less then a full month due to holidays/honeymoon)
And as expected I had to tackle a whole new set of demonsā€¦ but Im heading in the right direction, and thats all that counts for me at this stage of my trading career.
Couldnā€™t quite meet my medium-term goal of 8% per monthā€¦ but I didnt really expect to do so during my first month live.
I only traded with 0.5 and 1% risk and had a return of 3.32%, after a month of pretty bad trading and missing out every nice move (mostly due to limit orders which didnt get triggered by a few pipsā€¦)
And to be fair: 3.3% returnā€¦ thats how much I get ANNUALLY for some of my other investments vehicles. :wink:

Im constantly learning and feel more and more confident that I can do this thing! And I have absolutely no doubt that I can achieve similar cool results live, as I did on my demo, in just a short matter of time.
Once I upgrade my risk to 2%, I should already be achieving my midterm goal (8%) quite easily I believeā€¦

step by step

I wish all of you a great weekend
cheers

The temptation to short EURUSD before Bernankeā€™s speech is tantalizingā€¦ But I will stay safe :wink:

Hi Traders, I am trying to better understand the Cot report based on Michaels teaching. Iā€™m looking for some help ā€¦ below Is a chart of the AU with the commercial cot data underneath. I am unsure how 12 month extremes fit within the 4 year extremes. (when one cancel out the other) Any comments on the chart would be very appreciated.
Cheers,
Withnail

Just DO IT! Iā€™m short 1 microlot with a 4000 pip stop loss, canā€™t go wrong there! :wink:

Yes, go on wimp :smiley: You know you want toā€¦:wink:

It will be interesting though to see if the price has been driven up there to hoover up some stops, ready for the retracement straight back to BE, but long term we are now looking at an up trend Iā€™d say, September rally?

Thought so, market manipulation before your very eyes!

And up again, oh they are having fun on a Friday afternoon.

+1 :33:

My guess is you need to look at your chart to see where you are (Major S/R) and seasonal tendencies. This would give you a more accurate idea of anticipating a major top/bottom.

By the way, where did you get that chart from?

Another week finished, figured id just share some of my thoughts on the longer term aspects of the Cable and Fiber - all welcomed to criticism :slight_smile:

This is all looking at market structure and really some market symmetryā€¦

Fiber
Personally, i viewed today as the Fiber reaching a significant price level:

The arrows highlighted are where i have been drawing my longer term OTE for possible areas of a bounce / profit taking areas. In terms of market structure, the Fiber today fulfilled one of its longer term 200 swing extensions.

Point 1 in the chart above shows where market structure was initially broken and therefore made bullish. We have since seen price have a longer term bullish trend. If price sees to continue on higher, the next level iā€™ll be watching for is the 1.2692 - as a breach of this level could indicate longer term bullish market structure, and therefore any movements down in price could be perceived as a longer term Judas swing - until market structure says otherwise.

The upper highlighted blue area is a secondary HTF OTE from the two highlighted swing points shown - with noted levels of the 62 and 79 retracement.

Cable

The above daily chart on the cable shows two highlighted areas drawn from their relative swing points for possible areas of longer term profit taking / a bounce.

The first break in market structure which lead to our bullish trend i have draw up a fib on the swing - which in terms of market symmetry we could likely expect to see the Cable trade to possibly the 1.6162 level - which lays in confluence of a HTF OTE.

One thing to note this week:

The cable weekly chart above shows the cable this week failed to take out the previous weeks high - unlike the Fiber. Closing the weekend without breaching the 1.5911 level means the likely hood of a 3 bar fractal formation on the weekly chart, which could suggest a pull back in price going into next week.

My bias on both pairs remains bullish for the moment until we have a significant change in market structure and market flow on the HTFā€¦

Slow month for me generally as per my new trading rules and didnt get a lot of chance to catch the majority of this trend it seems. The fun begins next week really as my demo account is getting replaced with a small shiny new live account :slight_smile:

Have a good weekend all :57:

So I finished this indicator (ICT Asked for it). It draws the BigFigure the MidFigures and the 20 & 80 Institutional levels.
So what is so special on this one?
You can see price and adjust how the lines looks like.
For instance I like these levels to be dark against a dark background, so they donā€™t irritate that much. But that can all be changed even color and line thickness/style.

Give it a try and tell me what you think.
Try it test it. Give feedback.

v0.18 update: <a class='attachment' href='//babypips-discourse-media-production.s3.amazonaws.com/original/3X/4/b/4b7d2284a3d0bdacaa11300fc2fa9b31817c677a.zip'>ICT The Big Figure v0.18.zip</a> (9.85 KB)

ICT The Big Figure v0.17.zip (7.41 KB) The older version

With sourcecode
New versions will be updated here, in this post! Newest version is v0.18
Works with 2/3 and 4/5 digits quotes .
If you want to show price of the grid on the left you have to select ā€œShow Objects Descriptionā€ in the chart properties.
v0.18 update

• Now if you accidentally delete or move a line it will pop right back in place.
  • Mid Figures are not shown in monthly time frame, to prevent clutter.
  • Institutional levels are not shown in monthly and weekly time frame, to prevent clutter.
  • On rescale or time frame change all levels are deselected, if you would have select one or more.
  • Now works on JPY pairs.

GLGT Tailung :33:

Itā€™s ready. Have a look here:

Hello all. I just finished watching Inside the range video. On the following AU monthly chart, am i right assuming that we are in a bearsih move ? If so, weā€™d be looking for bear moves in the weekly chart right ?

ICT The Big Figure indicater has been updated. Midfigure bug fixed.
You can find it in the original post #4282

Here we are, COT report

Download here http://www.purplepatchforex.co.uk/indicators/_PPF_COT_Report.mq4 to your experts/indicators folder.

Download data files to your experts/files folder (you will need to download these every week until I can get the download facility on it. (Iā€™ll do it when I can be bothered), in the meantime this will work great, there is an issue here, the release date is for the data from the previous week, not the last seven days, so I have put a Shift option in there so you can have the data viewed for itā€™s respective dates or you can shift it to view it from the release date, the thinking is that unknown data has no impact on the market, well in this case anyway.

Data Filesā€¦

http://www.purplepatchforex.co.uk/indicators/EUR.csv
http://www.purplepatchforex.co.uk/indicators/EURH.csv
http://www.purplepatchforex.co.uk/indicators/GBP.csv
http://www.purplepatchforex.co.uk/indicators/GBPH.csv

Nice analysis there Sanj and nice levelsā€¦would you say that point 1 of yours is actually breaking daily market flow though as I have the high after the higher low as breaking market structure (widest green bullish bar). Just before point 2 you can also see a Higher high from the late May high but prices failed to go higher at 2 and a second bearish leg followed.

Just out of interest itā€™ll be interesting to see where a 200% extension level goes from that first pullback leg after the recent major low on the Cableā€¦does it line up with those OTE levels or possibly 90%.

There looks to be an interesting free monthly trading magazine at tradersonline-mag.com which has a biggish article on the COT this month (september issue). I donā€™t work for the mag so Iā€™m not pushing anything :slight_smile: but thought it could be of interest to people, havenā€™t read it yet.

Anyone want Chris Loriā€™s Inside the Banks webinar which was recommended from ICT, please msg me.