The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

I’ve also has a play with PPF’s Stoc Spring Indicator.

Used it to optimise entries on the next Support/Resistance point, using M5. although still testing, M15 seems not as definitive.

Certainly a valuable confirmation tool for the London Open, although possibly less so for subsequent periods. Still early days.

Hi PureMuscle.
Did you analyse your losses? Why did you lose at this specific moment? Was it due to a lack of planning? Were those trades properly analysed beforehand? Did you managed your risk properly?

Cheers,
Mel

Where do I find the " Top Down Analysis" video? Can’t find it in the old thread…

Furthermore, does anyone have the complete old Clarkfiles that you once could download… Appreciate it!

Sorry its a bit late - been really slack with keeping up with the forums recently…

Bro, i remember when i first started learning how to trade i thought all i needed was a good winning strategy that tells me when to enter and exit and ill be sorted - but little did i know how important the psychological aspects would be…

Personally, ive seen you do your analysis behind your trades and i dont see any flaws in them - at the end of the day, the market is kind of subjective like that, what people see and conclude will be different. I think your biggest downfall is your patience. You’ve already shown you can get in the market and suck it full of all the pips possible, but i think you need to demonstrate (not to us, but to yourself) that your comfortable just watching and even missing moves.

Spend a week at your computer and watch the charts, do your same analysis, even paper trade what you would do - but dont take any real trades. Ive bordered on nearly 2 weeks flat at one point - im not saying it was easy, because it was hard as hell, but i know in the long term it will make me a more patient trader. You need to be able to be content with the fact your analysis was spot on, and accept that you will miss moves. You dont need to trade everyday.

Go about this in two ways, either limit your number of trades per weeks to say 3? That gives you less than one trade a day - but it means that the trades you do decide to take, you’ll make them count - you only wanna take the cream of the crop! I cant even begin to imagine how many +% your account will be on if you hung back and didnt take the losing trades.
The other option is to tighten up your entry criteria. Make it so strict that only the finest of trades qualifies and the rest you wont even look at. Then you have to restrain and only trade when your criteria gives you the green light.

I made 2 trades this week - and missed a possible 3rd one by 1 pip… and i feel like i over traded! lol!
I know im blowing my own horn a lot here, but im not trying to sound like a guru, i just know that compared to where i was, ive come leaps and bounds - but still have work to do…

Unfortunately though, every reply to your post is pointless (no offence to anybody), beacause this is the part that cant be taught in a trading plan series or any other video. This is the side to trading that you must learn your self, this is what will separate you from the winners or getting slaughtered with the herd.

You have huge potential…

:57:

[QUOTE=oasis;402945]Where do I find the " Top Down Analysis" video? Can’t find it in the old thread…
QUOTE]
The above video is one of the ‘silent’ videos.

ICT’s teaching vidoes are getting better and better as he evolves into a more accomplished teacher as well as trader, I can absolutely assure you that the most recent video on Top Down Analysis is what you are looking for.

Inner Circle Trader’s Trade Plan Development Part 3 - YouTube

Wow ! I’ll check that out more thoroughly when I got time but fastforwarded a bit- Fantastic work of art, I must agree with you totally on his evolvement by just using this as my basis !

Great job ICT! :smiley:

[video=youtube_share;VTN-Wwh2INo]http://youtu.be/VTN-Wwh2INo[/video]

[B]GLGT[/B] :57:

Was doing some COT study today and came up with this.

What do you guys think?

I picked up the same from my analysis this weekend. I’ll be mindful of HTF cable shorts in the coming few weeks maybe even hang a swing / position trade out there.

Mark

Just to be clear - I’m only using the COT extreme position for LT trades not intraday.

Hi, I have seen correlation between new trend and commercials accruing extreme positions on both sides, thus I will wait until they gather sufficient number of net longs on USDx to call a new trend.

Optimal Trade Entries within Optimal Trade Entries?!??!

Inception!

Open intrest is up???this week intrest rate news.nonfarm payroll

Short on Fiber, .2920. Reasoning:

78.8% OTE (Fri high - Sun low)
two reflections from smaller swings, see 15 min
previous S/R (highs 12-13.09, low 20/09)
SMT divergence (small, intraday swings)
wR1, dR1, weekly trinity No Mans top, monthly trinity Upper Badlands

Anyone else in?

ahhh, just seen your post YS. I posted the same trade (if a lot later) on the other thread…

Let’s hope it’s gonna work out nicely for both of us then :slight_smile:

So far ISM provided a spike in the wrong direction but still some way from my SL, looking for a change in tide :wink:

Yeah, thought that figure was meant to support the Dollar :open_mouth:

Took half off the table at 20 pips and moved my stop which unfortunately caught me out. What’s the betting price might not even touch my original stop now (it’ll go down in the journal). Good luck with your trade though YS.

Hey trint if all your ducks are in a row, why not enter again. You got spot out because of the amount of trades doing the same trade. They are jusy cleaning out some stops.

My two cents. Good luck!

I appreciate the suggestion Ridethetrend but unfortunately the 2nd Commandment in my trading discipline prevents it…Thou shalt not re-enter a trade until you become a better day trader (and it’s getting a bit late in the day my end). I’d probably ‘snatch’ at a market order when the pivot limit orders are currently acting like some sort of bicycle stabilisers in my early life as a day trader. :smiley:

I pulled out at the 1.2888… price was stalling a little too much… managed to snag a nice little 35 pips though. Could have held on but hey, there’s always another one around the corner.

After reading and watching ICT’s videos on SMT divergence on highly correlated pairs I got to thinking, “Wow, ok I need to really look into this concept”. I am having trouble spotting this and understanding how it works. So I though that if I were to find a pair or two that were highly correlated, more the EUR/USD and GBP/USD, maybe I would be able to grasp the concept better.

I found this website: Forex Correlation . I discovered EUR/AUD and EUR/NZD tend to have higher correlation than the pairs ICT focuses on. I ended up printing some charts from Dailyfx and trying to identify SMT divergence. I drew all over the printed charts and then went back and looked at price action. I have been able to identify the divergence and the following slide/gain in price action.

What I’m having problems with is identifying the catalysts that would indicate/initiate a trade.

Questions:

1. Should I filter possible trade signals by only accepting those that occur in the various kill zones? (After all I am looking at this more from an intraday perspective)
  2. These signals should be occurring near or on S&R levels??? (I really only look at daily/weekly pivots and at Big/Mid/Institutional levels- Can anyone suggest better or more things to keep in mind?)
  3. Which is better, fibs pulled from a swing high/low or from a Big figure? (Today I watched price run up to OTE on a fib that was pulled from a Big Figure on EUR/AUD, see below)

Note: I am not trading this pair, I’m just trying to digest the SMT divergence concept!