The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

Good trading, I’m on the same kind of thing.

Hi,

Care to share the chart?

I can provide you with one, but that will be hindsight. I should have attach a picture when I entered the message.

With all the disbelievers lately who troll the forum that would have been a smart idea :wink:

Basically I was looking for a 3 day fractal low to form, granted we were in the 90 pct retracement but that’s ok as I understand it.
Anyways my bias will be short from now on (give or take a few days, not hours :slight_smile: ) probably until beginning of January.

Thanks, and kudos to your indicator(s) as well :slight_smile:

We can learn from hindsight as well. That’s what post-trade review is all about right?

Actually I wanted to compare entries. I was looking for scalps and long’d GU @ 1.6012 from 0600GMT seeing a divergence in M15 between 0330GMT to 0545GMT (EU HH, GU LH, USDX LL) but got stopped out at 1.5996. Wanted to see what did I do wrong. This being my 3rd failed SMT Divergence trade this week.

Much appreciated.

This is the chart I was working from today, hope it helps.

Yesterday’s high as support for the last leg too.

I’m trying to click on the part 5 tutorial but am unable to. Is it me or is that what ICT has intended?

Unlikely, I’ve not noticed him to be cryptic at all, quite different in fact, he has an uncanny way of getting things over.

What are you referring to when you say part 5 tutorial? Hopefully I can explain.

ICT added a link to the 5th video for the Traders Plan Development series on the first page of this thread, but I can’t click on it.

I think the answer is in this Twitter post from him

InnerCircleTrader ‏@ICT_Babypips

Hang on folks uploading again. :slight_smile:

https://twitter.com/@ICT_Babypips

Cool. Thanks.

Trade entry long on both GU & EU at LO today. Notice the large Asian range (about 40 pips plus). I drew a fib from Asia low to high and noticed both hit 61% OTE entries also were in daily buy zone. Check out similar Asian ranges in the past and watch S & R levels on higher TF. Works well if you are not greedy.

This is the retracement from the 30st of Sep to the High of the 5th (Sunday is a separate candlestick on my account)

I was looking for a 3 day fractal to form yesterday the 10th, and took the fib from the low of the 9th to the high formed at that time during LO. This would have been the 1.2840-50 range.
But during NYO, the price went up, so the entry was not valid anymore at that time.

If today was the next bar which close higher than the previous day low, I was looking for an entry in LO.
So I opened the chart, took the fib from the previous day low to the high from asian range, and look, a nice OTE on lo during 8GMT (usually the high/low of the day).
Now, to confirm a valid setup, I looked for some clues, and low and behold, a nice divergence between the EU and GU

EU:

GU:

GU failed to make lower lows, indicating the other pair will try to follow in its way up.

Take profit was the 61 pct retracement from the weeks high to the low, rounded to 80 pips (ICT is happy to take 80 pips any time according to the videos, can’t remember if it was in the power of 3 or the explosive forex video) :

Hope this helps with the divergence setups

I’m trying to work on my macro view of things at the moment, as this seems to be one of the strongest predictors of movement. I’m pretty new to looking at this so any advice is appreciated.

In the US/UK/GER 5 years I’m not seeing much at the moment so I won’t go further here.

In the US 10/5/2 years I see a little bit of divergence from recent swing points:

Obviously this is a reasonably recent, and not fully formed yet, divergence. Do we generally require the divergence be over a longer period or would this suffice?

We are also at some significant levels, pretty much to the pip, in the USDX, Dow, and important zones in the S&P and Nas:

Dow and Nas have taken a bearish turn breaking through recent lows. The USDX took a run at 80.22 and bounced, but it’s still making higher lows - along with the strong support at 78.70 (we’ve been above 78 since this time last year) I think we may see dollar strength if/when 80.22 is taken out.

Any comments or suggestions are very welcome!

I must have been touch on the greedy side then lol

Let see!

Hmmm, a fractal on the daily USDX right on the OTE… Not to mention reflection OTE as well… You could be in the money bro :wink:

Anyone else with me on this plan for the next 2,5 months or so?

We see a consolidation range in a triangle formation, possible break out downwards around end of October, and than all the way down to the OTE area end of the year/beginning of 2013 (Seasonal tendencies say beginning of each quarter a bottom is formed and the foreign currency is experiencing strength).

I’m not so sure about that bro, although seasonal tendencies may suggest downwards pressure, there are a number of reasons why fiber could finish the year above 1.3000, especially taking out 1.3500, not least of which is the fact that Europe is in a significantly better state than last year this time. But hey, time will certainly tell! :smiley:

Time will certainly tell :slight_smile:

Just to warm up, I just entered short on the EU @ 1.2980. A OTE area (61 pct), judas swing up out of asian range.
1% risk as it is Friday, aiming for 1.2920