The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

OOPS doing this backwards read 2 post ago

but wait here is another UNRELATED picture - note where the sell and buy stops are placed – market structure anyone.

OOPS backwards this one is meant to be read last see 3 posts ago first::

Finally this might be a bit of a stretch- -but who knows – notice the fibs on the left side of the chart then the fibs on the right side of the chart - where did price go to about 16 candles in - - broke the high of the previous fib reading - -a break of market structure MAYBE? or maybe its continuing -

I realize this isn’t super likely to be what these guys are seeing or doing - but

Hi Hogaste and Woolo,

You can find the video about COT reports here: Trade Forex Like The Pros - Secrets To The COT Report - YouTube

To view them you can go to Barchart.com - Commodity, stock and forex; quotes, charts & analysis

EDIT: The OI and COT is used together, the one confirms the other.

Thanks Sybrand,

That video just covers net positions and long/intermediate term highs and lows. However it does not go into open interest and how to interpret those graphs. Theres is a lot in the 5th video but are there any others or old comments anyone can remember explaining it a little further?

After watching inside the range 3 times over the last week, I think I am finally getting the picture for bias now. This is my attempt for an anticipation stage at least for now stalking S/R levels with confluence. I am focusing on LO counter trend set ups this week. Feels good going into next week without having to guess the direction. I would like to get some feedback on this chart. Thanks…

See ICT explanations here:
http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/36328-what-every-new-aspiring-forex-trader-still-wants-know-31.html

Also check the previous page of posts.

ICT explains his USDX Triad divergence in PTC video 11/07/12 at 4.50 mins, 11/01/12 at 8mins, 10/23/12 at 02.50 mins, 10/24/12 at 12.00 mins

Also video 1 TPDS series at 26mins, at 40 mins and 45 mins.
Video 5 TPDS series at 25mins go in depth on the importance of the bond market.

Woolo - Just looked over my notes - ICT recently did a complete video on Open Interest PTC Sep 8th video
Inner Circle Trader’s PTC 09/08/12 - YouTube

Interesting book that complements some aspects of ICT teachings.

Currency Trading and Intermarket Analysis - Ashraf Aaidi - Wiley Publishers

includes:

The latest commodity boom with a breakdown by individual commodity group and its implication for currencies

The relationship between short- and long-term interest rates and how it can be applied to anticipate vital shifts in central bank decisions and turning points in economic growth

The drivers of risk appetite in the market and their effect on foreign exchange

Central bank currency reserves in regions such as the oil-producing nations, and the evolution of power between the Dollar and the Euro

A gold-based approach to valuing the major currencies and determining their secular strengths and weaknesses over the past decades

Hey PerchTird,
In my opinion this is no pinbar,because the open AND the close of pinbar(PB) must be in the range of the previous day bar.
On the other hand ,if you don’t mind,this big bear bar with the comment “enter short here”…I like to enter after this bar because Price Breaks Through and Close Below(PBT&CB)…I mean price breaks through support and close below.After that it is a good chance that support to become resistance.It is very important the bar who breaks the support to close below otherwise it means support is still valid.Sorry for my english…

Thanks PipsARush -

I was just trying to point out with several examples - each of other people - are as well - finding entry after or at a place where market structure 'breaks’
valid point on the close below however, i’ve noted that one for myself.

Try not to read into any details - as these pictures were from other folks and other posts, where I was studying.

GBPUSD keeps on making lower lows on the 15m chart, EUR not doing the same… Huge SMT divergance?

my bias for the week is long eur. so i’ll be long eur/usd and also eur/gbp. already entered the first few portions, will wait for break into bullish market structure and retests of former resistance to enter more

the divergence fits in my bias :slight_smile:

I tried going long on the previous SMT’s, got stopped out already :frowning:

which previous smt’s exactly do you mean? i did not even get close to getting stopped out

I think looking at it now it’s a bit of a Short Term SMT. Should I wait for a swing to form at least on the 15m timeframe?

Does anyone know ICT’s livestream nickname so I can “follow” him?

It’s on the first post of this thread:
Babypips.com Inner Circle Trader - live streaming video powered by Livestream

Although, even if I waited for this one to form I’d still be stopped out by now without a 20 pip move to move stops to breakeven

Did you grab the OTE long this morning on the Fiber? Came in around 1.2704. I think that might have been a nice entry point for the start of the week. I took the other side of the trade mainly because think we’ll slide into Tuesday to form the low, then push higher. But I’ve no idea if that will pan out or not. Its stalling…

I do think we are probably in for a push up/correction after sliding quite a bit of the last week or so…