The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

I was starting to think it was never gonna happen :smiley:

Had my limit order filled at 1.2810 around 15:45 (London Close reversal was the plan lol). Was slightly panicking we were going to see some strange/erratic price behaviour due to the holidaysā€¦

Yes, and hopefully heading towards my Buy Limit for LO tomorrow :slight_smile:

Nice one Jonny!

Thanks Clint, I can learn a lot from you. sorry for odd questions, Iā€™m a bit sleepy now-and then, if not a sleepwalker.
as I remember, I could have wrote 17-18, because here in Europe, 13,14, 15 ā€¦etc. is in use after noon, so itā€™s clearer, that itā€™s pm. but I can add, what someone is used to, it can seem simpler. but when you used to get to one thing, itā€™s hard to switch to another. thatā€™s why Iā€™m a bit troubled sometimes. neither english is my mothertongue, nor NY time-zone, but jeah, I feel itā€™s winter-time (:

Wow! Yeah awesome Jonnycab. Looks like youā€™re all over what I was thinking. The calendar seems to indicate that there will me increasing liquidity in the GBP late Tues and Wed. I suppose I should start trying the radical approach of reading a thread before I comment on it.

Just if anyone is interestedā€¦

Commerzbank seem to release a good fundamental bank report every week called ā€˜Week in Focusā€™. It comments on quite a few asset classes (incl. FX, Bond Yields, Commods, Equities etc) and goes into detail as to what may move the market in the forthcoming week. As Chris Lori mentions a lot about reports in his analysis I thought Iā€™d post the link on the thread. If anyone has any other good bank report links Iā€™d be interested in having a look.

https://www.commerzbank.com/en/hauptnavigation/kurse/index.html
(week in focus - top of middle grey column)

Morgan Stanley release things from time to time

Newsroom

latest one was from the 15th listed under our views

FX commentaries by Scotia Bank, with a daily report under FX Daily Briefing

Welcome to ScotiaFX - FX Commentaries & Research

Thanks Longechoes and IbePippin

Tried to see if I could find the RBS report as mention by Chris Lori but that looks like itā€™s for the instiā€™s only. He also mentions John Hardyā€™s Blog and it looks decent enough John J Hardy, Head of FX Strategy, Saxo Bank | Tradingfloor.com

Also check out Weekly preview - Waiting to sell the Euro fantasy and www.kbcmerchantbanking.com/wpp/A033?target=~/dealingroom/marketsdaily.

You could also have a look at easyforexnews.net Select UBS Morning Adviser

Hi everyone,

Iā€™m in need of some help! Things are not going well, they are not going badly but they are also not going well. Itā€™s been a year now that I have been demo trading with the tools in these threads however I am not profitable at all.I have practiced and practiced applied everything we are taught but I am bang on break even minus the spread. The problem lies in my entries and market analysis not risk/money management or anything of that nature. The bottom line is my own analysis of the markets is not giving me any edge at all. Thats is entirely on me! In case anyone thinks I am criticising the methods here.

I am feeling a little lost as to how to continue, I really want to continue and to master this but I am failing. My resistances and support are blown through, OTEā€™s are stopped out and my market structure analysis is proven wrong as many times as it is correct. I donā€™t know when to use the OTE or the ICT Reflection pattern, often seeing my OTE stopped out then a reflection pattern coming into fruition. lol

What I believe would really help me out is if there was someone who is consistently profitable who is willing to post their full analysis (after the fact of course! Iā€™m not fishing for signals!) for any currency pair. In seeing the full analysis with all the reasoning behind it I believe I would gain a clearer picture. I know it is possible to be consistently profitable look at ICT heā€™s living from this. I just have no idea at all how to utilise these tools profitably, if I see them being used fully with full explanations how they relate to one another in real trade examples I may understand better.

I know that these kinds of posts on many forums are often seen as someone looking for an easy way to trade. However this is different i assure you. I have put in the time but I cannot make these tools work for me. Itā€™s as if I am missing something.

I also know that many examples are given in the market review videos but they are quite brief understandably and donā€™t cover every piece of analysis that went into taking that trade. Iā€™m looking forward to the final lesson video on post one as thats another example of how to use the tools I believe. I have also not had any luck using the market maker profile pattern. My breaks are fake outs or correct on an equal basis.

I know many of you are right more times than you are wrong. I am right and equal amount of time to where I am wrong. My major issue is how to use these tools correctly. I need some examples and further explanation I know its a lot to ask but I am at a dead end after having watched and read everything on these threads multiple times and am still obviously doing something wrong.

Hang in there Woolo, eventually you will succeed.

I tend not to (over) use all tools ICT laid out. These days, I try to concentrate to catch the weekly range, normally between Tuesday LO and Wednesday LO, together with market structure.

For example, the GU. Market structure was broken at the red arrow, so I take out the fib tool from the last swing low to the high, and (for the weekly range) I use the 61% retracement.

So my buy order (because MS is bullish) is 1.5875, which also is close to the ADR of today.
Remember that the low/high of the day is made in LO, so thatā€™s my confluence at the moment.
Weā€™ll probably see a reflection in LO heading towards the ADR (low).
This would also make for a nice MM Buy Program

Next, because we are playing the Weekly range, hold for 80% of the average weekly range, and take some profits (1.5930 for example), next profit targets should be with the expansion tool, or a HTF OTE (the red box)

See, Iā€™m waiting for this setup since Sunday, and when Iā€™m in the trade I wait for either tonight, or tomorrow for final tp

Looks good bro :slight_smile: Did you jump in when it hit 1.5881 or is patience your master? :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m not in no, I was expecting a relection. Still some time, but if you look at it, a nice entry would be just below of the stops of the 19th.
Iā€™m in a long EU though @ 1.2740, basically with the same strategy

Youā€™re at a critical crossroads in your trading journey. All I can say is that youā€™ve gotta decide whether giving up is an option. If it is, then quit immediately. If it isnā€™t, then keep on educating yourself beyond ICT concepts alone and your persistence will see you through. As much as ICT is an absolute legend, I donā€™t believe that traders become professionals without developing their own subtleties to their trading. Iā€™m willing to bet that the vast majority of the people on this thread are at the same stage as you, even if they look like theyā€™re further down the trading line. The ones that will succeed are the one who will break free of mindlessly applying the techniques and instead add their own insights into their trading method, something which will distinguish them from the others.

If you are willing, you can of course join our skype group for discussing some areas of interest each day. Just PM me your skype ID :slight_smile:

Hmmm, I wouldā€™ve looked a bit lower than that, seems like itā€™s consolidating below yesterdayā€™s lowā€¦ But still, looks like youā€™ve secured some decent profits already :slight_smile:

I missed the entry :17:
Sleep was too good :wink:

Well, it was on the 61% retracement level, which is ok for me to play the Weekly range.
Also it cleared the stops of Mondayā€™s trading, so all was according to (my) plan

And indeed, Iā€™m not complaining at the moment :slight_smile:

Hi to allā€¦

Does anyone have the webinar of Mon Nov 19 2012 ā€¦or any way to download from Livestream ???

Thanks