The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

ICT Apprenctice letter

Hello fellow ICT apprentices - and Michael.
I would like to start a “favorite trade of the month” newsletter - where any and all who would like to submit their trade and give a description of when / why / target / success levels / what ICT tools were used etc. . …
Michael - I think we would ALL appreciate if you take part as well - - send me your favorite trade of the month - and the reasoning behind it.

I will gather all information up to the last week of the month - and put together the newsletter during that last week (so if your submission comes during the last week - it may or may not get entered - so apologies for that)

So for those who would like to get started - I will do a practice letter for the month of November - and post it later December (like Dec 21st) Then have sort of a second round of practice Dec 2012 - - with an official beginning in 2013. (Submissions for the November newsletter are due by Dec 10th - Submissions for the December Newsletter due yeah December 25th.

Here are the ‘rules’ -
Keep the trade example to two standard pages of a word doc - Personally I would like two pictures (a long term view and then entry view) - and a list of ‘reasons’ you took the trade, I will post an example later - when I can get home to make it.

I would like to include in this newsletter - maybe a tip of the month - a total number of ICT Favorites pips gained. (keeping a tally for entire year of only pips gained on favorite trades)
And also - if possible - ICT - each month - if you would read - and then send me an email on trades you took that ‘matched’ or closely matched the apprentice trade - they can get special recognition in the next news letter :slight_smile:

Also - since this will be a work in progress - I will take any suggestions through the end of the year so that WE can make this thing not only informative but helpful to all of us. (including the title of the newsletter)

send all entries to <[email protected]>

This is my bad trade out of the 2 trades I placed this morning. I’m just posting it as an example of how to post trades:

GBP/USD DAILY

• Downtrend, 62% retracement

GBP/USD H4

• Key swing point & converging with mid fig (& daily OTE)

GBP/USD H1

• Where I took the trade and targets I should have gone for. My target was only 20 pips or so. The first downswing.

GBP/USD M15

• Where I get in on the M15 chart, note the judas swing into an OTE

GBP/USD M5

• And finally my entry. OTE on the 5 minute chart. My EUR/USD trade went a little better than this one and made 2 trades equal out to 2% and 1:1 risk reward
  • Let’s not forget, of course there was also GBP/USD & EUR/USD divergence
  • You can see I only have break even and 50% profit on the chart, that’s when I moved to break even and got stopped out for only .55% return on 1% risk
  • I missed the big swing that I think happened around NY Open, I was sleeping. That would have been the one to get in on, but I don’t see an entry pattern except maybe turtle soup?

• I think what I learned is to start targeting profit zones on the 1 hour chart and don’t be so anxious to move the stop down. It is preserving capital, but you have price projections for a reason. All entries have been precise and stops needed were less than 20 pips

• Another thing is that the swings I have been entering on have been roughly 20 pips which isn’t a significant swing

Also, open to any advice on my trading, I wanted to post a weaker trade of mine to learn from my mistakes so let me know how it looks and how it could get better.

yea be careful with that SL that gets me alot too. to hasty to take the risk out. I was in the same set up last night thanks to you. took 25% off at 25-28 pips. moved my stop to about 20 pips from my entry just in case it came back to tag that high which it did. still in the trade up 35ish pips right now. Market flow is broken now on the 4H making a lower low and a lower high. I think its time to move stop to breakeven. gonna take 50% off at 80ish pips (the long term low on the 4H chart) and leave the 25% to run for awhile. Max drawdown I had was 12 pips

Nice job, this is the type of trade that should be treated as a swing trade in my opinion like you have played it. I need to stop scalping, it just get me psychologically when I enter on the 5 minute chart. It gets me looking at the S&R on that time frame even when technicals point to a swing trade.

That would be an excellent idea. Look forward to the newsletter

EU - Razr’s library.

My idea on the Euro. Care to comment guys ?

My Traders Trinity GBPUSD Monthly Setup With Downward Trendline + Break of Prev Monthly Low :slight_smile:
Please discuss and advise!

Look at Simr chart below yours, might want to think bullish overall.

"ICT_Babypips: TPDS Part 7
10pm New York Time folks.

Trading London Open
Intraday Trading
Tips On ADR
When To Avoid LO
& Some Extras Included.

GLGT ;)"

Nice. Well i’ll be getting up an hour or two early to watch that.

Anyone knows which broker does ICT uses, which provide US Dollar Index? Anyone has any suggestion?

FOREX LTD: internet-trading in the world currency market Forex with MetaTrader 4.

this is the broker that ICT uses? spread is little bit high for me and it can’t trade micro lot.
Anyone has other suggestions?

He uses it for charting, not for trading, ICT trades with GFT

Yes, but the forex ltd one does contain the usdx, I’m not sure gft has it, and op requested the one with usdx.
If gft has it too I didn’t say anything :slight_smile:

Gft doesn’t allow us retail traders and ICT doesn’t trade with them anymore, he currently uses Oanda but he is thinking about moving to FXCM.

thx for these replies guys

I used to trade with FXCM. But they will hunt your stop out , yes , just your stop and then the trade will continue in the direction u were intending it to go. Just my two bit about them. I also read some where that there was a class action suit against them which they had lost for doing stophunts.

Well I hope ICT uses them then, maybe we can prove this to be true or not…if you do a search on any broker it seems like you get this kind of response tho…I just wonder how true it really is???

my stops have been hunted with them many times, although I can’t say it was FXCM’s fault, more like bad entries on my part. It happens less and less the better of a trader I become

Does anyone know when does exactly ForeXmas start?I know it should be soon and I am very excited!