The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

DD, what was the OTE you were looking for? I went long at 1.3231 with SL 30 pips and went to sleep. I was stopped out before the big move up.

Can somebody explain where I went wrong?

Thanks.

I was anticipating another move up but without ICT’s OTE concept I wouldn’t know where to get in or would have considered a short. Drew my fib from the recent swing low and high and placed an entry. Clip2Net — screen capture tool for Windows, Android, iPad, Mac, Linux

This is a 30min chart. Took profit where price began to stall above 0.00 fib.

Thanks DD.

I was anticipating a long too but I entered way too early :slight_smile: In hindsight, I was a little worried that I will miss the big move up and that might have played a part in my early entry!!

Patience :slight_smile:

I added some to my bigger position today - this will be treated as a seperate trade but still i got the buffer from my big trade. Also i will be moving my stop from the small trade to BE rather quick

EDIT: I will watch how GU behaves at 1.6000 if I see some kind of divergence ill move my stop accordingly

Any updates on the Million Dollar Challenge, Michael? :slight_smile:

UPDATE:

So this is how i see it: We had divergence as you see on the chart. also there was SMT divergence on 5minute EURUSD GPUUSD.
I didnt see divergence on USDX/EUR but smart money obviously raided stops arpund the 1.5950 area.
As a bonus: the downmove before New York Open looks to me as if smart money accumulated for getting higher at the open.
—> I entered long on cable and fiber to add to my position

EDIT: Closed all positions at 1.5980 this day getting too choppy

I will give months results beginning of each new month.

Found the BabyPips app for my iPad. Must say it’s really cool!

Thanks for the fresh market review ICT, it’s nice having those back :slight_smile:

Hey guys,

I entered short yesterday on Cable on the 1.5980 institutional level. In the pictures below is my top down analysis. I just wondered if it’s good or not.

We are on the Daily OTE area,close to the 1.6000 level. I expected the price to retest the high area made 4 weeks ago on 29.02.2012, and i saw it coincided with 162% Fib extension from the Monday move long.

The red area on the H4 chart represents a potential area for partial profits since it’s proven itself in the past as a good resistance level , and it might just turn into support.

[QUOTE=vladul11;336366]Hey guys,

I entered short yesterday on Cable on the 1.5980 institutional level. In the pictures below is my top down analysis. I just wondered if it’s good or not.

We are on the Daily OTE area,close to the 1.6000 level. I expected the price to retest the high area made 4 weeks ago on 29.02.2012, and i saw it coincided with 162% Fib extension from the Monday move long.

The red area on the H4 chart represents a potential area for partial profits since it’s proven itself in the past as a good resistance level , and it might just turn into support.

Looking good to me vladul, I took the EU short yesterday on similar reasons to yours, but mine isn’t doing as well as yours though!

i would expect a decent bounce at your partial profit but IMO should be good for the rest.

GLGT

Good job DD kinda nice when things start to click isnt it?

Fiber long today on 1.3270?

1. overlap weekly opening price + S1
  2. NYO
  3. SL hunt (yesterday’s low) , reversal day?
  4. H4 trendline bottom confluence

I see where you are coming from but MF just turned down in H1 & H4, Weekly & monthly Trinity still looking for sells. I’m still bearish until price gets into 1.32510 to 1.32220 area (sweet spot on H4 TF, Just hanging in there for confirmation either way.

I longed GU in today’s london open at 1.58960, based on the market structure of up trend, OTE of Asian low and high (white fib) and high-time frame S/R. Because last time I did not hold my nerve to let the winer run, so I closed half when it reached +30 pips, and let the other half continue. However, the price retraced deep this time so I interfered again and closed the remaining at a worst price with +7 pips. Afterwards, I noticed the retrace went into another OTE based on yesterday’s low and London High (brown fib) with a resistant line, but was worried that the trend could be reversed so the price might go down further, hence missed a good chance hindsightly speaking. It looks I need more experience to trust my analysis. :slight_smile:

I am still confused with the difference between market structure and market flow. I wonder if it is a silly question as no one is answer my question. Are those terms the same meaning? :15:

lol heres to trying!!.. To answer the last question, yes there is a difference…but its sort of confusing which i shall now prove in my pictures :60: Market flow , is based on just breaking swing highs and lows (or fractals) and it is always considered being bullish or bearish depending on what swing it MOST RECENTLY took out, if it breaks an old high, its now bullish, breaks an old low = bearish…i hope this helps at least a little…im sure others will explain it better and more easily lol

Regular market Action :

Market Flow:

Market Structure:

Sorry if its confusing, but that is a simplified way of viewing it

PS: Take in mind this is NOT CONSIDERING any other factors…just a real, real quick reference for trying to explain something lol

Bones…Just awesome. Well done! I am sure this is the type of support ICT hoped we would give each other. I too have been on the fence about the definition between the two. I am happy to report you confirmed what I thought I already new. It is nice to see a confluence of opinion. LOL.

Hi Bones, that was a very good explanation! Nice job! Thank you.

I have been thinking alot about how to incorporate the ICT power of 3 video concepts into my trading. It dawned on me how the same concept might be applicable at a lower time frame other than the daily such as the H4 and H1. Doing some research on the idea, I fell across other materials referencing this very principle and also found a fractal indicator for the 3 bar swing highs and lows.

I am currently manually back testing the power of 3 concept at a very basic level on H1 time frame during kill zones and the results have been very positive so far (3 months of data). Let’s see how well things go after I compile a year’s worth of data.

Awesome guys, i hope it sort of helps seeing it in the actual market … i figured i’d try these last two examples just to try to make it more clear. In these pictures, it should explain what it means when people say “i want to wait for market flow and market structure to be in sync”

Bearish M/F & M/S in sync :

Bullish M/F & M/S in sync:

…dont expect to always see them this crystal clear lol :59:

Hey Guys

Just wanted to share something I noticed in the last few days with the Asian session highs.

On both Wednesday and Thursday there was a judas swing that ran right up to the Asian session high of the previous day. This was also in OTE territory.

Was stopped out on Wednesday with a bad entry when i noticed that unfold.

On Thursday I kept a close eye on this and saw the the same thing was happening. I was able to pretty much nail the high yesterday within 8 or so pips ([email protected]) just looking at the Asian high, Judas, and OTE. There was also hidden type 2 divergence on the 1 hr chart at the time.