The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

I tried with Firefox, did not work either. Might be my anti-malware software blocked the website.

Higher High cable, not in fiber… Bearish tomorrow?

EDIT: No wait… I missed the fractal in the middle… Both made higher highs… Damn, just when i thought i was on to something LOL!

Remember that today’s highs on cable and fiber were the actual divergence signalling the bearish move (Cable higher and fiber not making higher highs). On that chart of yours the ITH on the left of the chart has been broken for cable but not for fiber… interesting!!!

But I must say, I can’t help but admire the smart money - The sentiment on cable has been HEAVILY stacked on the short side all week, and yet look where we are, all the way up to 1.6080!! Hahaha the big boys don’t play around :stuck_out_tongue:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I went [B]short[/B] the Fiber @ 3145 [B]TP1[/B] 3120 [B]TP2[/B] BE (Was holding for 15GMT)

Stoch & Williams %R were both overbought on the 1HR Chart for both pairs.

OTE from Apr. 17th High to Apr. 18th

79% converged with R1 and 3150 Key Level.

OTE within larger OTE from today’s high to recent low in LO.

We are close to the Upper part of the TradersTrinity.

Judas rally into R1 during LO at Key Level.

I picked the Fiber to trade today because it has been unwilling to make higher highs compared to the Cable.

I was not at my charts today to see the NYO reversal pattern, so I was just holding my trade until 15GMT.

Made 25 pips today and I am very proud of myself for this since I have been having a heck of a time using ICT’s concepts lately.

Thanks to ICT for giving my a Trading Model to follow and to help me sit on my hands more and look for one certain setup. I think this is finally going to help me get back my loses.

I am currently practicing being a BEAR. This helps me from over trading and helps me not get so confused in the markets by changing positions all the time. I am looking for one setup and that is it. Once I become good at this I will test out another setup and so on. Once I start becoming consistent then I will because a BULL and practice the other side of the market. I hope this will eventually lead me to know when I need to be a BEAR and when I need to be a BULL. Also help me learn market flow, market structure, and momentum all at the same time. :51:

GLGT

Smart money definitely ‘spanked’ everyone this week! Although, im up 3.4% today so no complaints from me :smiley:

So that could suggest some bearish action longer term?

After two shorts that crashed and burned this week I took a more bullish stance on the Fiber today although the Judas swing did tempt me to go short but warning bells soon rang as the Judas formed just after a positive Spanish bond auction. This was confirmed when the French & EU bond auctions both printed positive results. I wasn’t getting this sell off and it looked like an extrapolated move but I held my ground and bought into the OTE from the weekly hi to lo.

1% risk

Buy @ 1.3088

Stop @ 1.3058 (30pips)

TP1 0.5% @ 1.3138 (50pips)

Stops moved @ BE

0.5% still running

Eye’s on tomorrow Early German data (especially German IFO) for the next round of fun and games thanks to the institutions.

German IFO was highlighted in a recent statement this week from Credit Suisse stating that “All eyes will be on Aprils update for the German IFO business sentiment index, scheduled for April 20th. The latest renewed concerns over Euro zone growth suggests that the German IFO survey will be closely watched”

Watch the price action prior to this announcement…

20/04/12 Update:

1% Position added @ 1.3150

Trade closed @ 1.3200 (+112pips)

Finished the week in the black and paid for those terrible trades early on in the week back next Monday with fresh eye’s :wink:

After watching ICT’s market review on 4/18/12, I have been trying to find somewhere that I could get the S&P 500, Nasdaq, and Dow Jones charts. Does anyone know where ICT got these charts or somewhere that I could get these charts from? Thanks in advance.

On my MT4 demo I’ve got _US500 (s&p500), _NQ100 (nasdaq) and _US30 (DJ30). Found in the index section of the symbols menu.

Wally

You can open a demo account with a broker which offers the CFD products for the named indices (FXCM, Alpari…) or you can view them here:

NetDania Charts | Forex Charts from DailyFX | DailyFX

Simply go to “Instruments” - “Indices” and choose the index of choice.

You can compare an index to an other by right-clicking in the chart and selecting “Relate to”. Then again, go to “Indices” and choose the one you wish to compare.

put a limited order this morning at 0.8173 for longing of EG based on yesterday’s daily bar of hammar and judas swing. As I am not available before 16 GMT to my account, I selected this normally less wild pair so if I lose it would be small. It seems it is on the right direction so far. It would be good if it reach 0.8200 again (today’s high).

Hey guys, how many of you use news when you daytrade?

Are news a possible way of determining the daily bias or at least contribute to it? If so, what news should i watch for for only cable and fiber?
I never paid attention to news until now and i am curios if learning this aspect of trading might improve/bring something new to the thought process.

IMO, i think news is a good thing to keep in mind and be aware of when it occurs, but i think you can see all you need to see from your charts. Usually, i think news is just a cover to drive price in a direction already pre-determined way, of course if the news is of significant impact, any drive in the opposite direction i think will be short lived and will eventually return back on its path…

Yes, thats what i mean. Does anyone here have experience with bias from news, a plan for LO?

Hello everyone,

this was my best trade ever…

Not by the number of pips bagged but for the good entry and the patience I had to wait for it…

Reasons to take the trade:

-London Open Kill zone

-Judas down

-Buy zone on Pivots

-Market Flow up in the 4H TF

-OTE in Big Figure with a lot of confluences: 161.8% retracement Level from Tuesday´s London Close short`s objectives, Asian Session High from Tuesday and medium level of trinity ( Fair Value )

-Stoch (10,3,3) showing divergence Type 1

-Crack in correlation ( Fiber took Tuesdays low and cable didnt)

-Market Sentiment from all traders was bearish…But in fact I get an extreme oversold sentiment reading from that

I had to close my trade manually because my TP lvl never got trigged…Had 1.6160 as my TP lvl ( old high made in 31/10/2010 )

Closed the trade because I don´t have enough time chart ( yet ) to do some position trades…

My Stop loss is allways the same 30 pips from entry, and I only move it to BE and then start to trailing it manualy below the low´s formed in 15 min TF…

My entry was 1.58976, the low in my feed was 1.58943 and my spread is 3 pips…

I trade a very small account…so no TP at 20/30 pips… Instead I lock the first Take Profit level with the Stop Loss

Exit at 1.6140 bagged 240 pips…

Now I have 3/4 weeks paid to wait for another low risk setup…

THANK YOU, ICT!!!

amazing trading, really inspiring!
:35:

That’s an absolute snipe velho…

I too got caught up looking for shorts. I need to be more flexible with my bias because I feel once I have a bias for the day or week it’s really hard for me to shake it even if it is wrong. Something I need to work on

Does anyone has the fractal indicator similar to the one Michael uses?

Thank you so much.

Csk.

Csk,

I’m not sure what platform you are using but if you are using MT4 there is fractal indicator in MT4 by default. If you click on the indicator button in the tool bar of MT4 and run your cursor over the drop down box you should see “Bill Williams” put your cursor on this and another drop down box should appear and within this box should be the “Fractals” indicator.

Hope this helps

I was seeing a big divergence between EU and GU forming. EU was diving right into support off the Asian range bottom. As soon as it stalled there, I went long. Entered 1.3135, Exit 1.3195 for 60 pips.

Oatzilla,

It really helps. Thank you so much.

Csk.