The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

I like what you wrote… I was also long for the whole week… stayed flat until today and took 2 trades on fiber today. both longs and both got stopped out at BE (I moved SL to BE earlier than usual at around +15 pips…and I traded on 0.5%, hence tiny lots… and I have a rule in my strategy to NOT scale out at +20-30pips if my lot sizes are below 0.1lots… anyway no harm done and no win either…

I think you are right… without realizing it I probably tend to try and nail a bottom of a swing (or the high…) and this is why I tend to get my weekly bias wrong…
my profitable trades are, probably for the same reason, only small moves and not the 100 pip moves that would allow me to achieve my ROI-goals…

I also need to trade more on what I SEE rather than what I expect to be happening…
I appreciate it (seriously!) for kind of smacking this reality in my face!

What I noticed in the past 2 weeks, and was about to post about it in here one of these days:
I seem to struggle also with something, which might be related to the same problem you mentioned…
at LO I know exactly where I will enter for longs, and where to enter for shorts
(I stopped of trying to get a daily bias - strangely my performance improved since I stopped getting a daily bias?!;))
I mark the levels of where I expect price retracements for possible entry levels… this is all fine and seems to work for me BUT
for this to work out, I need price to retrace… if price starts rallying down right out of asian range without doing a judas to raid stops above asian range, I will never catch it with my approach…

not completely sure how to tackle this problem, but I’ll figure it out over time;)

cheers and happy hunting

EDIT: I am actually not all that self-centered as it appears with all the "I"s that where used in this post…:wink:

Ok, swing lows of 16th April, till the 4 hour candle today, surely this divergence is showing to expect some bullish action?

GU on top, EU on bottom

SANJ you can post those same charts every day till cable’s low will be taken out :slight_smile: No offense of course, but that’s the thing with these divergence. The more wider they are the more its unknown when divergence power will take the chart and push it the right direction. I will repost the same chart with more divergence… For example 1 divergence - if you were looking for short you could have been taken out 2-3 times everyday till you got your short. And i believe by 3 wrong time you just way your hand and say it won’t happen. Ofc next day it goes down and all you are left is “i had it right!”… Sorry for negative mood and all, seriously, but i am pretty down right now so that’s why point of view is like that. But in the end, is this the wrong question to ask about SMT? How wide should we look? I know i only look at 1h because its more clear. Well after today’s case i start to think its not. You saw divergence on 5m chart, does that have power to shift a 100 move? I don’t know … And all am left is questions questions questions…

If you’re using a daily chart to plot SMT divergences, instead of trying to identify whether or not the day has posted an actual reversal, it may be better to wait until a power of three setup forms AND wait for market flow to turn bullish. At that point, wait for your Judas down to trip the street money and buy it up. However, just because there’s a daily SMT in the making, doesn’t mean it is yet an indication that the bears are exhausted.
It’s a daily chart, and if the SMT is indeed a true divergence, it should unfold over a series of days letting you catch at least some of the move.
Just my .02

Yeah, i think your both right… I think plotting them on the timeframe i have, its a more longer term bullish view, but as Sladha pointed out, it doesnt mean the bears are exhausted… I think this is where i have gone wrong this week…

Between 2am - 4am est it happened on the 15 minute chart. Cable & Fiber made higher high but usdx had a failed lower low.

Look for divergence when you get to your key levels.

Sorry I can’t post a chart because I’m at work.

seems like 1.6080 was the level…

thats where I entered… but moved SL to BE…and got stopped out;) haha tomorrow is another day;)

Just missed the 1.6080 on the small retracement after the stop raid down to 1.6067 - didn’t quite make an OTE unfortunately and missed the limit order.

The 6080 number makes a lot of sense, I think a lot of people went short and chased price down after the bad UK GDP indicating a recession only to be trapped once price quickly reversed at 6080. I know I did I went short almost exactly at 6080 at the time - doh. Once price hit 6080, I think there was a lot of short covering to get out of the losing positions causing the rally as well as stops hit for longs causing price rejection. That’s how this newb sees it at least :slight_smile:

I’m looking to go long if price retraces back to 6100. Big fig, S12M pivot, ~OTE from the 6080 retrace,and the right shoulder of what looks like an inverse head and shoulders. We’ll see if it gets there.

I hope i won’t offend ICT by posting my own blog’s link, but i have a method how to trade history data without right side. If someone interested - 301 Moved Permanently. Just trying to share new trading methods and ways to improve what you already learned.

Ok, so in the hope of trying to share and get others thoughts… Here’s my analysis (as of now, things could change during Asian and before LO - will re-analyze in the morning)

These are my thoughts for tomorrow’s price play on the cable… Any comments more than welcome…

ICT must be in a position trade short I guess, he’s been quiet a while?

Ok, despite my last post showing my expected bearish action tomorrow… Does the daily candle at the moment not look like large accumulation?

Also, was doing analysis of the market indicies…

The Nasdaq failed to make lower lows compared to the S&P and DJ… Should this not indicate shorter term bullish action?

My thoughts atm, if tomorrow is a smaller range bullish day, we could be looking at the power of 3 set up and have friday be a larger bullish range day looking to take out highs?

Hmm… Too much for one day i think… Will analyze some more tomorrow…

Goodnight folks! :57:

P.S. The fiber is also entering OTE on the daily time frame… This is going to have me wondering all night lol

guys/gals I’m raring to go! I still have quite a bit of material to go through than I am going to create some sort of plan. I will make it personal so it makes sense to me. For example I use candles instead of price bars. It’s just me. Anyway I am a firm believer that you have to make it yours.

Thant would be my advice to anyone who is struggling right now. First off find one aspect of ICT’s methods that resonate with you and focus on that. Keep in mind that his perspective and your perspective are different and you may need to do things different for them to work for you. ICT is providing a fantastic framework but you still have to make it yours.

Quick question. Does anyone know if there is a broker offering feeds for usdx and or s&p dow and nasdax on mt4? Please forgive me if this has been asked or answered before. I know ICT mentioned pricecharts,com anyway let me know if you guys know of anyone.

Thanks,
John

Hey John… Forex ltd has a demo account you can get with all those price charts. It’s what ICT uses/used previously to demonstrate and what many here are using

after i closed my perfect entry long trade on cable yesterday at BE (just before it moved up 70 pips…;)) I am now looking forward to todays setups…

set a limit sell order for cables 1.6150 level with a stop loss above weekly central pivot… the mid figure I have chosen for my entry order might seem a little early/low, but I’m currently working on my issue of trying to get the best possible entries, which leaves me ending up with mostly missed trades- hence the early entry, which has not currently been triggered…

reasons for entry: LO, OTE (monday high to yesterday low), yesterdays AR high, mid fig, MR1, usdx div.
my stop loss is guarded by the 1.6160 sr, the R1 and the weekly central pivot (and the 79 fib=ote top)
If the assumed judas will reach all the way up to the R1 or wCP I will consider scaling in another 0.5% risk to go short

another thing I started studying in the past 2 weeks:

please note that I am just starting to study those open order books and I am nowhere near mastering the understanding of them… however I look at it this way: this nice bucket of long entry orders (or they might be SLs of open shorts) at around the mid figure, could be interesting for the big guys…

lets see how it works out
cheers and happy hunting

(Oh yes, for those that don’t know… I’m a Newbie…so better don’t take this post as any kind of advice for a trade;))

edit1: trade worked out pretty well so far… but it could remain as a scalp rathe than a nice full grown swing (but maybe we’ll get a bullish swing at NYO?;))
took a third off at +27 and by now my SL for the remaining position is at +25 (roughly) happy to have a winner before bernanke opens his pie hole later today…

edit2: remaining position got stopped out at +25, while I was in the shower hahaha… was thinking about going long at NYO at around 1.61 fig (as some of you did) but by the time I came out of the shower, price already reacted to the news (people seem so hyper sensitive to any news at these times…)
since several News announcements are popping in within the next few hours I decided to stop my week here…
25 pips is better than -25 pips I’d say;) I made only 0.5% on this trade while risking the same 0.5%…1:1 Risk to reward ratio… not amazing but good enough to go to the weekend with a smile… :wink:
tomorrow is family time, so no trading for me, but I wish all of you happy hunting and happy weekend!
cheers

Hopefully waiting for a GU long to present itself this morning or NY. 6100 is nice however a few confluences at the 1.6100.
Yesterday Low NY High is 62%, Trinity 127% extension, A/R 200% extension… and who says fibs dont work… (well lets hope anyway). Couple that with nice bounce yesterday from s/r.:27:

On the fly reasoning…
Break high A/R trap in longs hoping for that ride to profitville, reprice to 1.6100, stab below for breakout’s going lower…
and then hopefully that bus north bound…
Damn i talk some rubbish!

Also looking for GU longs at 1.6090 level against yesterday’s low. My OTE from yesterday NY low to NY high plus S1.

I was more or less looking for the same trade, my trigger was sitting at 1.6092… But looks like its clipped the 62 fib line and taken off… Think i will stay out now till NY as i dont want to enter too far out of a kill zone, as it seemed that was one of my mistakes yesterday…

Have entered at market 1.6110 half position. And the price below 1.61 again…