The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

I have been playing with the correlations again to make sure I have fully understood what to look for and am wondering if I spotted something.

Anybody spotted a SMT correlation between the EURUSD and USDollar Index?

Looks like there were lower lows on both for the 16th and 17th of May, which kept me out of selling on thursday and friday.

[video=youtube_share;muDH3vWWTJ0]http://youtu.be/muDH3vWWTJ0[/video]

[B]GLGT [/B]:57:

Always a good choice of music ICT! :smiley:

Michael, where do you come up with these fib points for swing projection?

Why didnā€™t you use the last swing upwards on the fiber to get the swing projection (aka the retracement used for OTE going short)? You used the one before that, cause the 200% EXT matched the low made on Friday to the pip. The last one would mean the 200% ext was at 1.27, instead of 1.265. Why this need to be right about the target to the pip?

Also, in some PTC videos, you use the extension levels of the initial swing, and for others, the extension levels of the retracement swing. Which one should i use?

In some cases you even drew a fib between 2 manually plotted key levels and took an extension of that? (maybe to justify some target on the charts)

No comment on the 50% fib level on the gap. Havenā€™t watched the gap videos, maybe its explained thereā€¦

Its hard to apply these when u twist and turn those fibs to match the charts. Iā€™d be a lot happier with missing 40 pips on an extension level target , than to see you come up with some weird points to justify the target to the pip.

:frowning:

Does anyone have a ā€œkill zone indicatorā€ for MT4? Thanks in advance.

I have the same feeling as vladul11 after watching the video. When ICT used the trinity, I was expecting him to pull a fib from the low to the high of the trinity levels (as taught in his trinity video) since price breaks below trinity. But if the fib is pulled using this method, price falls short of the 200% extension. This I can understand because these levels are just projections and price may or may not reach these levels.
I believe ICT can read the charts better but as a newbie, I am going to use the tools strictly as taught. Like vladul11, I would be happy to have executed the trade using the tool and executing it as taught even though it did not nail the bottom price.

Personally I invert the FIB on the OTE and I look for the 161.8 extension. If you use your fib tool like ICT did in the video you can typically look for the 200 extension. You could also switch between the 2 while the move is unfolding and see what the market is respecting.
Personally I would advise you to pick one and stick with it. There does come a time when you have to ask yourself when is too much too much? For me pulling fibs from asian ranges and ā€œhidden oteā€™sā€ is too much for me. You will always see some kind of confluence and this will lead to confusion. I suggest finding something that works for you and stick to it. Less is more

Market-Review-05_20_12

Download Inner-Circle-Trader-s-Markeā€¦4-AAC-.mp4 - BitShare.com - Free File Sharing and Storage

I LOVE FIBS! Canā€™t get enough of them. Put 'em on retracementsā€¦put 'em on initial swingsā€¦put 'em on key levelsā€¦and watch them hit to the pip. There is nothing sweeter :7:

(I did write a very long, serious, and potentially helpful post on this subject, but Babypips has a built in ā€˜anti-waffleā€™ filter that denies your post every time you expend time and energy on writing a decent length reply.)

Going to Livestream a responseā€¦

Hey guys!

This is my Trade today

EUR/JPY
-market flow 4h and daily is SHORT

• Like my last trade: it is pretty oversold already. (you can see this with the trinity indicators + the weekly FIB from the last swing is in the OTE zone already)
  • so my target will - again - be the daily middle pivot which falls in line with the FIBS of the countermove

ā€“> i have already taken profit 30 pips with 1/3 of the whole position

Hi,

You can find the indicator in the ICT indicators package.

InnerCircleTrader Indicators.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Thank you FXTraderCro.

Hey guys Iā€™m on the road right now but looks like fiber is setting something up. Longs reached the ore area (I think. I didnā€™t actually draw a fib). Plus. There seems to be some selling entering the market again. I donā€™t know exactly how ict trades London close but these longs feel like a Judas swing. Take out the shorts and get longs in the market than trap them too.

Iā€™ve been waiting for a deep enough retracement to get short again. So Iā€™m selling this rally. I wish I could throw up a chart right now. Any thoughts about shorting eu at this 2780 region?

Thanks,
John

I am doing exactly what you just described.
The price appears to have hit a resistance at 1.2810 which can be drawn across from the 4 hour chart low. Which is also a OTE on the 4 hour. This has then gone down and appears to have retraced again now into OTE for the bounce off the 4 hour resistance.

Pivot MR2 is right on the OTE along with a stochastics saying overbought.

I am selling this one and putting it into my log.

well Iā€™m out with a small loss. looks like this key reverse day is setting up for some more short activity I will certainly be looking for shorts. The 2800 area may or may not hold but its 3:30 est so I wonā€™t do anything for now and I will wait to see what happens.

hmā€¦ dont know if you remember guys, someone saying that LC and beyond is where you [U]fold[/U] your trades, not opening new onesā€¦ :wink:

by the way, just recently dug out from the ā€˜ā€˜dusty archivesā€™ā€™ of the other thread this long forgotten post:

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/36328-what-every-new-aspiring-forex-trader-still-wants-know-558.html#post301974

hmā€¦ quiet relevant and up to date, dont you think?..

it seams many of us forgetting how wise Our Mentor is.
keep reading this folks, keep reading itā€¦

:41:

well in my defense I havenā€™t sorted out the times to trade stuff yet :smiley: but Iā€™m working on it. Having said that I am still short bias and I clearly need to work on my timing. the real question is will the 2800 handle hold through Asia into London open??? I doubt Asia will push it higher.

Is nā€™t fiber making swing low? :33: :confused:

and look at the USDx dly chartā€¦ making swing high?