The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

I ll upload that 2moro. getting ready to leave the office

I understand that a method of trading TA canā€™t be tested as all decisions boil down to the discretion of the trader. Results are not going to be replicateable by anyone else to the same degree of accuracy. So I would see something slightly differently to someone else who is looking at the same chart.

You can teach a class of 30 to paint a vase, nobody will paint the same picture even if they all had the same teacher.

The only real evidence that would be of benefit to me personally would be my own record. If I make a consistent return over perhaps 2 years then that would be something I would consider as evidence to support what ever process I used being profitable consistently.

Thank you for all the time you have clearly put into these threads, videos and discussions. I will naturally post the spreadsheets and journals that I am making following this system after 6-12 months. So you can see if I am another victory or a failed student! Hopefully the first oneā€¦

When I was ranting on about people never showing consistent returns over periods greater than a year I was just going off on one really just because I still have never seen any form of proof that someone is consistently making gains for years and years. Thats not aimed at you or this thread just pretty much every other forum thread in existence! :slight_smile:

Hey guys I was curious if the video series has been released yet? I keep checking everywhere and havent seen any mention of it and I thought it was supposed to be released on monday. Not trying to be pushy by any means whatsoever just didnt know if it was somewhere that I didnt know of.

nope, itā€™s not released yet. he said the last time that he will release the videos in May, so lets wait for a couple of days more.
Iā€™m going to take a deep breath and wait patiently.

When ICT makes you wait for something, itā€™s always worth it! :stuck_out_tongue:

I think itā€™s to do with lesson No. 1.

Patience :slight_smile:

But Iā€™m waiting on the edge of my seat too!

Is anyone experiencing slow connection speed on Alpari spread betting servers?

Thanks for the reply guys. I will be patiently waiting for the release.

Just got in Cable, Buy, at 15594. Reasons are: Below central pivot, below high of Asain range, SMT between Biber and Cable, Judas down, into support at 15600.

my Entry was poor to be honest, in hindsight i realised that i should have waited because there was a reflection pattern and if you pull a Fib from asian low to high the price hit the 200 extension which is where my entry should have been and is how ICT has shown us many times. Its only about 5-10 pips max, but sometimes thats all you need for first profit.

iā€™m scalping because iā€™m going against the tide. looking at 30pips for first target, may take it at 25 depending on what price is doing.

took a loss, -25pipsā€¦that was quick lol

count me inā€¦ went long at 1.5605 with sl at 1.5575
reasons for entry: LO, SMT div and stock div (at the time I entered my limit buy order) HTF bull OTE, HTF bull reflection, SR, big fig, S1

lost roughly 1%ā€¦ first loss this month.
wrote in my journal: I deserved to lose that one as it was too much of a gamble: wasnā€™t at the screen at the time of entry, didnā€™t wait for a retest, didnā€™t wait for USDX to be at a reaction level alsoā€¦ I knew going long was counter trend, but I expect a choppy market the next 2 weeks due to all the news coming in (especially next week) so I took this trade as a scalpā€¦
No ice-cream for me today!

cableā€™s s2/wMS2 might be where its gonna happenā€¦ but Im a bit spooked right now;)

probably stay out and see what NYO will bring

cheers and happy hunting

PS: oh i just noticed 1.56fig would be bear oteā€¦ if the 10gmt candle makes it all the way up there, then it might be worth a considerationā€¦ in which case it would remain a down dayā€¦

Why are you both counter trend trading?

I thought my post explains just that?
constructive criticism would be more valuableā€¦:wink:

hello guys

it been a very long time since my last contribution to this thread. i miss you all but for sure i didnā€™t stop learning from ICT
and i watch every videos from the beginning of the year. i learn a lot from these amazing videos. then i just started trading last week.

i will post my results then tomorrow i will post my analysis based on ICT method ( i hope ICT correct me )
last week i had two trades

1- a lose at NYO on GU of 30 pip at 2% at 24/5/12 and i did not trade after that even though i see a very nice setup which results
in good profit but i did not jump in.

2- a win at LO on EU in 25/5/12 at 1% the result as follows

• .5% at 40 pip
  • half of .5% at 80 pip
  • the remaining half stopped at 40 pip

this week i traded one but i am still on the trade

at LO on GU 29/5/2012 entry at 1.5710 on (2% because i return back at least half of what i lost in the first trade)
the result as follows

• 1% at 30 pip
  • 0.5% at 70 pip ( because i was not there to manage the trade)
  • half of 0.5% at todayā€™s low at 140 pip

and i am still holding the remaining half i will see for how long

thats it and i hope i see your comments guys
i will post my analysis tomorrow

GLGT

Im flat at the momentā€¦ What i was eyeing this morning never came into play so sitting on my handsā€¦

I was looking for either the cable or the fiber to run the short term swing made near NY close yesterday, and then start to pick an entry shortā€¦ But nothing has played out as i had planned so may be sitting out today as nothing has really stood out for meā€¦

Cable traded and found support at S1, was looking at an entry if it gave OTE at around 1.557, but decided even if it makes it back i dont think iā€™ll take it. Doesnt seem enough confluences for me to get in at the momentā€¦

I think if today is another bearish move down, we could have already posted our high for the week, in the case its bullish this could a late low of the weekā€¦ Im pretty unclear at the moment, so unless we see some solid movement in any direction and a clear NY retracement entry, im sidelinesā€¦

EDIT: Wow, glad i didnt take that entry at 1.557 lol, looks like it fell throughā€¦ Tbh, the Cable daily shows Monday posting its high, yesterday LO rally up failed to break it and then a big sell offā€¦ According to power of 3 today should be a day to sellā€¦ There was an OTE formation at LO to get in on the move, but tbh even looking back at it, still wouldnā€™t have been enough confluences for me to take the moveā€¦

Lets see what NY bringsā€¦

No, it doesnā€™t explain it. You gave a bunch of entry technicals that lined up to go long. That doesnā€™t explain your mindset for going against the trend.

You already know you are going to get technicals that point in both directions that will tantalise you to enter a trade. The only constant between these entry technicals is the overall market structure. Until the market structure changes, focus on the direction market structure is pointing. Sure, you might/will put a trade or two in at the end when market structure turns, but this should be, statistically, better than trying to predict when market structure is reversing.

I canā€™t comment on the Cable, but the Euro blew through itā€™s 1.25 support and stayed under it overnight, pointing to further slides today. I do however imagine the Cable had a similar scenario.

I donā€™t understand why everyone is having to learn the hard way, by ignoring market structure and putting the overall percentages against their trades. Pay attention to the basics and stop trying to outsmart the market, it will bite you.

Rant over.

Nice SanJ, Iā€™m also flat today - There is a key level around 1.5500, so IF things line up I might take a long position there, but weā€™ll see how it goes :slight_smile:

Does anyone use the Gartley price patternsā€¦? Hoping to use them as an extra confluence and although I haveonly been looking at them just recently I have noticed some (what I perceive to be) interesting Butterfly patterns in the Euro (1.24) and USDX (83) for areas of possible resistance/reversal. The Big Figs were always going to offer some resistance anyway.

Euro

USDX

I dont want anybody taking this as bashful, or me picking corners, but have to side with Thrax hereā€¦

Take it from the guy who had to learn this by taking a 6% hit to my account over the last few weeksā€¦ I think in a market environment like this, trading with the trend really is your best friend. I learned my lessons and since switching to only looking for shorts at the moment, iā€™ve been profitable so farā€¦

Trying to pick and call tops and bottoms are honestly just seem a losing strategyā€¦ Iā€™d much rather be taken out and have a trade hit my SL now on an actual reversal move, rather than try to counter trend trade to pick a top / bottomā€¦

Anyway, i needed a snap out of it the last few weeks and i think some peoples comments on here were blunt - but helpful, its exactly what i neededā€¦ So im hoping to give the same backā€¦

Anyway, im eyeing a short for NYOā€¦ Got my pending order set, im escaping from work early so if it gets triggered ill post a chart when im home!

:57:

Ok my trade got triggered not long after posting, right at the start of the kill zone, just hope i havent jumped the gun too early hereā€¦ Anyway my charts:

Cable Daily

Note the low on 12th May - Grey box purple lineā€¦

Cable 5m

After that low was blown through, i figured it would come back up and test that low as support turned resistanceā€¦
That same level also has confluence with the big fig 1.56, and yesterdays lowā€¦ Also OTE from Asian range swing to the low of the day currentlyā€¦

Anyway, got filled at 1.5598 (wasnt sure if it would make it past the big fig), entry could have been 10 pips better as we stand at the moment. Currently lingering at break even, so see what happensā€¦ First profit at 30 pips :51:ā€¦