The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

I’m not going to argue with that. We all know that the odds are higher to go with the market structure.
However I did note that I intended this trade to be a SCALP, looking at the charts you can see that my Scalp would have worked out had I entered fiber instead of cable… if you have a nice way of predetermining when the big boys are going to manipulate the crosses, then I’d be more than grateful if you could share it here with everyone.

I lost a trade, I shared it here on the thread, and I even shared parts of my personal journal, to explain why IMO my trade was a fail.
I lost roughly 0.8% of Demo money, and I don’t think anybody hears my cry about it. I noted my lesson and moved on…

your rant is fine with me and I’m not taking anything personal… HOWEVER your rant bears the risk of other newbies and people just stumbling over this thread to feel uncomfortable sharing their trades - wins or fails - and are worried that if they fail, people will rant over them, which is counter productive AND above all could lead to less people sharing their trades (which I believe is the sort of “Payment” ICT seeks for all his work)

You are absolutely right, no one should try to outsmart the market! (looking at the charts might change your opinion on how stupid my short-term long perspective was today so far…)

I am honored to receive so much of your energy and concerns about my trades, I sure can use as much as possible! Please note your troubles are appreciated.

“Sometimes you win, and sometimes you learn.”

Sincerely
Fredy;)

Nice, once again we’ve taken the same trade bro! :stuck_out_tongue: I wanted 1.5610 (right on Asian range low), but by the time I logged in etc, I entered at 1.5602 :slight_smile:

Nice one guys! After the loss I took this morning I halved my ppstition and took a short at 1.603. Same reasons, hopefully will recoup my loss for today.

Thanks for the advice on the loss Sanj. I did note that I was going against the tide and was hoping for a scalp because I had a few confluences. Can’t win em all, have to agree with you and Thrax it is much harder going against the trend.

You posted a failing trade and I fed back you ignored market structure. You then pushed for constructive critisicm, which I gave. There are a few people trying to catch the bottom and I felt they needed a clear message to question why they are trying to. It’s painful and easily avoided.

I agree it might put people off posting their trades. Overall though, without any comprehension as to why the failing trades fail, then there’s no benefit for posting them in the first place. In fact, I’d argue it’s bad for the thread in general as all it does is make the methods look like they don’t work, which ultimately makes people question whether to follow the material or not. That’s a lose lose situation.

Edit: I’m not saying don’t post in the thread, that would be ludricous. I think I’ll reach for my coat, I don’t want to derail the thread or upset anyone further.

SanJ - ideas for exits? 1.5500 is good but soooo far away still, so perhaps not likely. I can’t see the daily ADR unfortunately…

I took half off at 30 pips and locked break even… My next target is the low of that swing where ill take 1/4 off (1.5550)… I think if we get a solid break of that, ill keep my last quarter open to ride…

Im hoping today to see a push down to around 1.5540… Might even think about closing full position there…

Only thinking about leaving positions open now as my Aussie short yesterday would be on 130 pips right now had i just left it open lol

The break of that swing and measuring the 200 ext off that fib gives the low of 1.554

ADR High: 1.5636 (already met)
ADR Low: 1.5555 (already met)

By the way, 1.5500 seems like a good level. It’s the 161.8% fib extension of last week’s Trader’s Trinity, which also overlaps with the 161.8% of this week’s Trader’s Trinity.

Is it me, or is it whenever i trade the cable, the fiber moves more, and vice versa! lol

it’s the law - -Murphey’s Law.

hehe :slight_smile: yup. lower low in fiber and looks like failed swing low in cable thus far on the 5m and 15m charts

Give them time to catch up with each other, the hourly has not closed yet. Be mindful of the USD news due in ten minutes (15:00 GMT)

always am :wink: … well mostly :slight_smile:

Good observation!

Dont forget we are in a sell situation, dont go against the trend.

If you do go for a short while.

Patience prevails… 3/4 off at 60pips
Final TP at the fig :smiley:

Last two weeks tried counter trend and results are negative and more over hampered the short trade of current trend in
cable and fiber. Seems to me as novice, its better to trade with only trend, when there is up trend go only long and down trend go only short. During consolidation only wait, patience till there is a form of OTE according to trend.

I think it needs experience to counter trade and consistency. And ICT said in the chat room it’s matter of time to make fortune :53: with his tools in forex arena and I believe that. Now a days watching Pro club videos and most of time, end of the video “M16” show, inspire much. Wish to have that one and while there is a losing trade use the gun to market … :18:

Good luck everyone.

hey guys, looking back over last nights posts. seems some people got confused and looked for longs. i have been frustrated many times, wondering if it’s buy or sell.
seeing the daily fractals on both pairs was what gave it away for me.
following ict’s teachings, this ONE POINT ALONE has made trading so much easier and less stressful for me. it won’t work every time, but it really helps calm the nerves by offering more confidence.
not trying to rub it in to those who went long, just letting you know what helped me gain 60 pips last night.
hope this helps somebody out there.
thanks ict. you are an incredible person for sharing your priceless insights. thanks to you, my bottom line is similar to my learning curve, looking up!

Do me a favour, let me know in advance which you intend to trade so I can get in on the other pair! :18:

Sounds like a winning strategy to me

I havent really spent too much time practicing SMT. I consider this tool to be very advanced, to be applied once I gain a better understanding of market profiles and support/resistance. I would like to know if this is the correct way to utilize SMT, in sync with HTF and STF. Thanks