The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

Long??? :o

lol yeah, errrm i was looking at yesterday as being the big judas down for the week, iā€™m trying to concentrate on catching a weekly range at the beginning of the week and if i miss it then try catch a trade on wednesday or thursday with the weekly direction.

dont look too shocked bro lol i donā€™t think its easy to pick a direction at the moment

Hahaha of course I understand bro :wink: I was also a bit unsure, but what swayed my bias today was actually the current sentiment, which seems to be long for both cable and fiber - i.e. time to sell :wink:

But I agree completely, weā€™re at a point where it ainā€™t all that easy to predict what the weekly outcome will be, so better to just stick in the day trading :slight_smile:

For interestā€™s sake though, I went short at 1.2512 around the time you posted, thatā€™s why I put the shocked face bro :wink:

Hey all,
Bit annoyed with myself this morning. Saw a nice judas swing above AR in Fiber, 5 Min OTE forming at 1.2515 which was at Fridays AR low. USDX divergence too. Second guessed myself and cancelled my order. Kicking myself now:31:

GLGT

Have you taken first profit an moved to break now?
ā€¦ nice trade yesterday by the way!

Hmm

I was swayed bearish today - possibly this weekā€¦

I was looking for a short entry and kind of really focusing on the cable but tbh havenā€™t seen any solid entry short unless someone sold right into the rally up to the 552 inst levelā€¦ After the rejection i was waiting for the OTE to form but it just fell out of bedā€¦

Not really liking the looks of anything now, lingering out of the initial KZ, cable below its central PP, stochastic in no mans land - just not enough things in my favour to put a trade on now so sitting out to NYā€¦

EDIT: Scratch that, cable just posted a LL, fiber failed to, fiber made an OTE with asian range low confluenceā€¦ Could we be posting a buy day after all?

ok iā€™ve gone long on the cable, reasons, OTE, below central pivot. I would have preffered the a long on the Fiber because it hit that key level (1.2450) last night and has now formed an OTE from it but missed i it.
this might not be one of my best trades so iā€™m only in with 1/2 of 1%

I like itā€¦ I actually looked at this wider OTE yesterday at LC on the cable but lingered and happened outside the kill zone so didnt take itā€¦ I think it could do well, that SMT divergence has held strong for now, indicating bullishā€¦ I completely missed it today, will look for something during NY once we have a clearer directionā€¦

Agreed, and also want to add the USDX divergence with cable as well.

Hmmm guys, can you post pictures of your divergence? Donā€™t mean to be funny or anything, but it looks like a magnificent time to be shorting the cable at 1.5500ā€¦

Anyway, looks like Iā€™m gonna get burnt here trading against the H4ā€¦ I knew it!

I am also short at the 5500 levelā€¦everything is lining up nicely with the plans ICT gave me to only look for Short Signalsā€¦good luck to anyone that is shortā€¦

ā€¦its anyones game mate, as long as you take first profit and go to break even then neither of us can lose :slight_smile: thats the beauty of it

Well said bro :wink:

PMā€¦ Look at yesterday low posted late NY in both the cable and fiber
Compare that to todayā€™s low made - cable makes lower lows, fiber failed toā€¦

Cable gives HTF OTE from fridays low through to yesterdays high
Fiber gives OTE yesterdays low in NY to todays highā€¦

I think ill be looking for the longs at NY openā€¦

Yet , compared to a guy who is right and lets his whole position open and trails his stop manually you donā€™t do so well :slight_smile: Is anyone here who does not take partial profits?

your welcome to whom ever went longā€¦now can I have my money backā€¦:33:

I have been forced to not take partial profits for awhile, but itā€™s due to access to MT4/Oanda FxTrade at work. It does pay off seriously handsomely when the trade is right, but it is pure hell on Z days. For instance today, my trade was around 40 pips in profit, now its a few pips in loss and I canā€™t do much about it - sad!!

Iā€™ve got an unfortunate feeling that you are right bro, but I just said to myself that Iā€™ve committed to the trade, so Iā€™ll let it run the stop if it can reach there. Iā€™m just a bit surprised at todayā€™s action when I look at the daily fiber chart which I thought was about to form a new fractal high.

is there a way you can get an I-phone and manage trades from that?
I usually enter the trade on my laptop at home but have to manage it on the phone while iā€™m out

Why not move SL to BE after 30-40 pips AND not take partials. If it comes down, u have a scratch. If it doesnā€™t, you trail your stop to +30pips at a time(S/R areas, swing lows/highs, basically hard to hit areas) with the whole 2% risk per 30pips move (assuming your SL was 30pips and 2% risk ). Iā€™m thinking in trending markets where u have a decent chance to hold for the weekly range, this approach should be way more profitable than letting only 1/4 of the position open (the time when it works offsets big time the times u get stopped out on BE). Is anyone here doing this?