THE JOY OF CANDLESTICK TRADING - a Learning Experience

Thank You!

He’s doing much better than his Daddy at the moment.:smiley:

I live in Roleystone. A lil while away from the city but i enjoy the space out here:D

Just a quick question Tymen.

Which 2 currencies would work well between the times of 5pm-10pm Perth time? I have the 4 main currencies.

Hi,

I wanted to share my yesterday experience.

I use the PNC order type from DealBook as advised by GFT support. Trying to test everything at the same time, i unchecked the OCO checkbox of the dialog box…

When you use PNC, DB actually make 3 orders. 1 for SELL (my case because i went short) and 2 to BUY (1 for your SL and the other one for the TP)

OCO means “Order Cancels Order” which means that all the 3 orders are linked together.

What happened :
I went short, my SL has been raised so i lost 10 pips : First bad news.
BUT, as it is not an OCO the last order e.g my TP, was still running !!! I just forgot that !

Say 2 hours later, i was looking in the lower right corner to my equity which was obviously moving ! I suddenly realised what happened and went to cancel order. Too late, Total LOSS : 42 pips !

Do I still have to conclude … NEVER UNCHECK THE OCO IF IT’S NOT ON PURPOSE !

I updated #811 post …

FXCaribbean
"Don’t go where there is a path. Open a new one and leave a trail".
If you want to understand what we’re talking about here (UMS) then read this and set your screen and computer that way. Also read the live thread, UML Live and UMS Live

Yeah, I know . Pity I did not tell you sooner.

But then, I never use that parents and contingents order - too messy.

When you know a trade is coming, eg you are on the 3rd candle of an evening star or the 2nd candle of a dark cloud or engulfing, and you are waiting for the next candle (the entry candle) to open, you can do some preparation…

Click the “new order” icon and set a stop loss - set it umpteen pips away from the price action so it will never be activated.

Leave it there lying in wait, ready to pounce when you need it.

When you enter a trade at market using the “direct deal ticket”, all you have to do next is shift that stop loss into position.
That takes all of one second - I will show you how very soon.

Tell you what.

I will attach here a file of trading times plus all sorts of useful information added with it.

Download a world clock and just convert the American EST to our local time.

We are 8 hours ahead of London so EUR/GBP and EUR/CHF and GBP/CHF should come online.

Anything to do with the Euro, British pound and the Swissy.

Here are some trading times in our own Perth time that I wrote down some time ago :

Sydney…6 am - 3 pm
Tokyo…9 am - 6 pm
London…4 pm - 1 am
New York…9 pm - 6 am

Hope this helps. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

World trading times for forex.pdf (260 KB)

OK, watch out for the new thread!! :smiley: :wink:

There is a slight delay in new material while I am working out this alteration to the [B]UM[/B].
Please bear with me.
It should be ready soon.

Nice tymen1, your pdf file is like a must have starter kit for beginner, hope FXCaribbean can update the pdf in #811 post. I trade the UK/Europe session only as I live in the south east Asia region. US session will be too late for me. I find that Asia session dun have much movement. Just my own point of view.:slight_smile:

I forgot to mention that i’ve added a new section at the end of #811 post with the relevant links.

If you see any info that should be added, feel free to tell me.

FXCaribbean
If you want to understand what we’re talking about here (UMS) then read this and set your screen and computer that way. Also read the live thread, UML Live and UMS Live

Must be a nice place you live there in the Caribbean to do all this work!! :slight_smile:

Can you tell us whereabouts in the Caribbean you live?

[B]VulcanClassic [/B]lives in the Cayman Islands.

The whole region must be nice and tropical.

You made the work. I just index it.

Guadeloupe (French Island). You’re true, the whole region is a must see :smiley:

Let’s make enough pips to set a “FX Meeting” :slight_smile:

Cheers mate! Your a legend. Awesome Info.

Everyone should take a look at it.

WOW

I saw this thread when it first started and thought to myself, “I’ll come back and read that thread” but never did, 3 days ago I started reading ( still reading, almost finished, but I intend to read it all again (and again)) and pretty much every hour during those last 3 days i’ve been kicking myself i didn’t read it whilst it was evolving.
I just want to add my thanks to Tymen for providing his walkthru’s for his trading system, and his very generous time. It’s completely changed my perspective.
I’ve now got a stack of books now to read (Nison) and a lot of learning and re-thinking to do.

Tymen,

I wanted to thank you for the great information you are putting out that a lot of people would charge for. Your examples and teaching style make it very easy to understand the strategy and how to use candlesticks to make trading decisions.

I intend to continue to follow the thread very closely and start demo trading the system.

Rich:cool:

To [B]Fort [/B]and [B]Nutz505[/B] :

Welcome to this thread and thank you for the compliments.

Trust that both of you will use the info herein to your advantage to make many pips. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Candlesticks are easier to trade than you think.

In this thread, I have put some powerful tactics into the trading, so that the risk/reward ratio is correct and to allow you to make as many pips out of one trade as you would normally do in a long term indicator trade.

The advantage of this short term approach is that there are frequent patterns and this gives you a lot of trading to do. :slight_smile:

Now is a good time to read this thread.

There is a temporary delay in new material, while I revise the [U]pips first [/U]entry method.
At present I am downloading the very latest Dealbook.
It has very rapid trailing stop loss entry methods that suit the [U]pips first [/U]entry beautifully.

I will examine this and come to my conclusions.

Ahhhh…found it on a large map. :slight_smile:

What?!! You are out in the sticks!! :frowning:

Little islands in the middle of the sea!
Warm and palm trees no doubt? (Beautiful sea).
And you have internet out there!

Must be civilized. :smiley: :smiley:

Hahahha,

nothing but grass huts and tikki torches here:D

You forgot about the most beautiful ladies in the world …:smiley:

civilized ?

I didn’t see that requirement neither for the UMS nor UML…What’s that new thing again ? An, improvement ? lol

FXCaribbean

I know it is late in the thread but I just joined on having read most of the thread once. I am now ready to slowly go back through this and let it sink in to my thick head.

A big thanks to everyone of the incredibly valuable contributions esp. tymen1

Tim N.