The Juggernaut! a Very lucrative trading strategy!

UPDATE: 2nd Trade hit TP1 + BE

Third Trade TP1 at 18 pips + 18 pips TP 2 Hit just now :wink:

Iā€™m using cTrader too but there are only Center of Gravity and fractals indicatorsā€¦ the orders?

You need to download the rest. Just add custom indicators and you will be redirected to webpage. Then ue the search and download what you need. :slight_smile:

Thank you very much. You have saved me :slight_smile:

A Small tip ;)ā€¦ just remove TP2 and instead keep moving your stoploss along EMA20 after hitting TP1,

Check what happens :smiley:

Good Morning London

Close enoughā€¦ letā€™s see how it turns out :wink:

TP1 HIT :wink: ā€¦ Tracing EMA for TP2

PS: I Keep shifting EMAā€™s period to get the best resultā€¦ between 10 and 50

Update: TP2 Hit on EMA 40 @ 26 pips

Total so far is 42 + 26 pips :)ā€¦ now looking for reversalsā€¦

Seems like the parameters would make for a difficult time programming an EA. Though Iā€™m seeing success with it!

Actually i am writing one since few daysā€¦ so far profit factor is above 10 :slight_smile:

but i am trying to enhance the MM within itā€¦ maybe add an optional martingale and a spread filter for news spikesā€¦

the bummer is that i cannot use partial TP with calgoā€™s backtesting so i am not using it and instead manually close my trade on TP1 while leaving half of it running and my ea takes care or a trailing stop :)ā€¦ only today have i started on live with itā€¦

Here is a snap of the trade by the bot
First TP was hit on target at 35.4 pipsā€¦ second was hit by trailing EMA at 37.2

after that i did not trade as i am modifying the bot to find an optimum settingā€¦

also coding it giveā€™s me a chance of trying my theory on other pairs :slight_smile:

AND NO i have no plans of selling itā€¦

I am a big fan of open source & owe much credit to a large community of traders that have contributed to me being successfulā€¦ i might however share it on ctdn but only when i find itā€™s optimum settings and indies to clean the rubbishā€¦

Happy Pippin!

Hi median,

Nice to see your system working, I should start playing on my demo with it too.
How long have you been trading forex? From where do you trade ?
Is this a live account you are trading on? Pepperstone ? How do you feel about them?

Some odd questions, but just gotta keep this thread movin :slight_smile:

Those my friend are very important questionsā€¦

I am currently on FXProā€™s which is great considering their awesome tools and reputationā€¦ Iā€™m sure youā€™ll find better spreads and lower comms with other brokers but i have been with fxpro since 08 and their vault credit card makes it a breeze for me to withdraw considering where i liveā€¦ which is something i cannot find ā€œyetā€ with other brokers.

This is a live accountā€¦ but a messed up one as i try a lot of things on itā€¦ i keep moving money between it and an mt4 account i maintain with them for testing strategies all the time.

I do however plan on dedicating a live account only for that strategy once i am done with the botā€¦ and iā€™ll post a link here so other traders can copy itā€™s signals for FREEā€¦

Iā€™ve heard a lot about pepperstone almost everywhere i goā€¦ i might even start with them just to see what the fuzz is about :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for what you are doing.

Thanks median !

I mentioned peperstone as I thought they are the only ones giving Ctrader platform. I was wrong, need to do my research first. I was thinking about opening an acc with them, but after I read some really bad reviews not considering them anymore, but future will show.
Again thanks for the work and effort, we need people like you in this rotten world :slight_smile:

You are welcomeā€¦ but kudos go mostly to the guys behind babypips for establishing a great platform that enables us to share ideasā€¦

BTWā€¦ Bot is completeā€¦ but i am still running optimizations on tickdata and some really aggressive settings so this might take few hoursā€¦ if all goes well tomorrow weā€™ll be live and iā€™ll provide a link to the live accountā€¦

I will also share the code on ctdn so donā€™t worry itā€™ll always be open source :wink:

Iā€™ve read somewhere that anything more than 6 months old is irrelevant in backtesting as the market is a shapeshifter essentiallyā€¦ what do you guys think?

This is where MM comes inā€¦ so it has a built in SL, Partial TP, Moving stop ā€œNot Trailingā€, and some few settings to give us the upper hand on market conditions.

All in allā€¦ iā€™ll be very happy to see it WORKā€¦ sharing it is not for free ==> karma will pay me backā€¦ i HOPE :slight_smile:

Good Morning London :slight_smile: even though it is still early, but iā€™m gonna kick the the day started with some great news:

The Strategy is now LIVE, and FREE!

https://cmirror.com/strategy/57771

Disclaimer: I have put only 150$ at risk, So i advise you first to test it out for a while using a DEMO account, if however you do trust strangers that you have never met and are willing to put your fate in the hands of a virtual being then PLEASE do not use a risky capital to mirror me, i will not be responsible for any losses. i am providing this signal only as a proof of concept.

Although i am using a fairly decent MM strategy, but remember that i am building this account up, so some high risk is expected at the beginning :wink:

Updateā€¦ Till i announce with another reply to this thread please do not copy the signal yetā€¦ i am fixing something critically wrong, it opened three positions in an opposite direction todayā€¦ and missed one large setupā€¦

Clearly i cannot rely on backtesting it even if it was for 4 yearsā€¦ and this is why i wanted to test it with a live accountā€¦ only then will i know if it works or notā€¦

I was watching the chart when all three setups happenedā€¦ all two where opposite signal and one was too lateā€¦

Debugging as we speakā€¦

Hey median !

I will definitely be following the stats !
Nice to see you working on it. I wish you the best results with this live account :slight_smile:
Just keep this thread alive ! :slight_smile:

Thank you pelekazā€¦

Now this is what i have done todayā€¦

After rigorous testingā€¦ and i mean RIGOROUSā€¦ simulator has been running on my laptop for 4 days on tick dataā€¦ i came to the conclusion that backtesting in ctrader could not be further from the truthā€¦

SOā€¦ i have decided that it is really worth the risk that i use a small capital like that in testing 15 different instances and settings from two versions of the same bot on live testingā€¦ if it blows then it blowsā€¦ itā€™s a live test after allā€¦ however if it does notā€¦ then WELL DONE i guessā€¦

i will add few more buck to recap the accountā€¦ and watch what happensā€¦

The settings and params i am loading in each instance do not over trade ā€¦ infact if we combine all instances at the same time we might get 3-4 trades a dayā€¦ so i am not very worriedā€¦ but i do NOT suggest copying an account that risky yetā€¦

This is a quest to find the best performer on a live accountā€¦ and in such a market if you canā€™t put your money where your mouth is then perhaps you are not fit for tradingā€¦

That saidā€¦ i am working on a different strategy that involves mtf parabolic sarsā€¦ it showed promise in backtesting but that is a different caseā€¦ i might even get to the conclusion that FXPro is trading against me!!! i donā€™t know how that is possible using ctraderā€™s open platform but maybe it is the caseā€¦ specially if there was no news at the time of the tradeā€¦

Bottomlineā€¦ LIVE testing is the ONLY way to know if your strategy worksā€¦ backtesting ā€œeven with tickdataā€ is only good for confirming the bot is actually opening trades and frequencyā€¦

Also forget DEMO accountsā€¦ they are worthlessā€¦ i have learned that lesson many years ago the HARD wayā€¦

Iā€™ll keep updating you guys on progressā€¦ also you can watch the live test via the link shared earlierā€¦

HAPPY PIPPIN!

Hi median,
well looks like bot in not running fine for some reason, just double checked the last trade it took in GU 10:50 buy on my ctrader platform and the signal wasnā€™t clear at all, and for egz, why it did nothing on clear buy signal 8:30 or 9:30 (gmt time) ? It looks like it chooses the wrong side all the time, and SAR on 10:50 was showing selling also.
Obviously if it was a manual trade you wouldnā€™t take it. BTW was is the set RR for bot ?

Well actually yesā€¦ i was taking opposite signalsā€¦ combining and matching other settingsā€¦ the last trade was forced by me to be in an opposite directionā€¦ it is just part of debugging my botā€¦

Starting this weekā€¦ we will start running 18 instances at the same timeā€¦ each with itā€™s own settings and without over trading of course so the account doesnā€™t blow upā€¦

Actually each setting has itā€™s own timingā€¦ so around 3-4 instances will be in control at any given timeā€¦ the reason why i am running all these instances is to max the reasonable risk so when i invest a large amount of funds and run one or two of such instances iā€™ll at least be mostly safe from extreme drawdownsā€¦

Over this weekend iā€™ll max out whatever optimum parameters i can get, and on other pairsā€¦ so far i have reached a profit factor of 54+ which is AMAZING but didnā€™t have a chance to run that profile yetā€¦

Once i post the code of the bot iā€™ll also share the settings and a full guide on how to re-optimize those settingsā€¦ No bot will be successful forever, and if we keep evolving on weekly basis with the market, i believe weā€™ll always be one step ahead :wink:

Next week is a stress test so letā€™s see how it goesā€¦

So ya, the bot is runningā€¦ it took two trades in the last three days for a total of 40 pipsā€¦

Which is not bad but TOO early to judge itā€¦

As extensive testing showed that i cannot rely on backtesting for anythingā€¦ it just messes up the tradesā€¦ and this strategy still proves profitable in manual tradingā€¦

While studying other pairsā€¦ i have found that GBP/JPY showed much potential using the regular setup, however due to the volatility of the pairā€¦ reversing can happen quite earlier than TP levelā€¦ and since anything less that 1:1 is not my game i would not risk itā€¦

Soā€¦ i adapted a new calculationā€¦ and converted one great indicator to calgoā€¦ and this is the ā€œPotentialā€ Setupā€¦ i have been plotting signals and TPs on the chart the whole night while the market is moving ā€œjust to make sure no repaints occurā€ ā€¦ till few minutes agoā€¦ and decided to share with you what i have got :slight_smile:

Over 530 pips in one night!!!

Itā€™s too dreamy i knowā€¦ but this method took crazy eyeballing till i grabbed itā€¦

It is so intense that it captured almost every single swing today!

Blue lines are Buys, Purpules are Sellsā€¦ Connected Green line is enter buy, Dotted Green is exit buyā€¦ Connected Red is enter sellā€¦ Dotted red is exit sell!

Also may start live testing it soonā€¦ but manually ā€¦ as you can see the risk/reward ratio is very compellingā€¦

The indicator is still messy and extremely CPU intensiveā€¦ To give you a prespective, it requires 3days+ of testing only 4 variables, on M5 open bars ā€œnot tick dataā€, while using almost 80% of my i7 8 cores processor to backtest the last two months :smiley: , so once i stabilize it iā€™ll share it with you guys, it is based on the modified inverse fisher transform formula if you are in a rush and can do it yourselfā€¦ so itā€™'s a non lagging mostlyā€¦ here is the link i used for the full calculations: TRADERSā€™ TIPS - October 2010

HAPPY PIPPIN!