Good day forex trading koalas.
In this post, i will like to share about how one can make use of The Koala System for forex trading.
The Koala System is by no means a get rich quick method for forex trading. There are no guarantees that you will profit from this method. This is a trading style that i believe helps prevent traders from entering trades against the trend and thus increasing the chance of success. It may also help cultivate a patient and defensive trading style due to the nature of the system.
After suffering three margin calls, i needed a way to help myself. I was trigger happy in entering trades and often went against the trend! Knowing the pain, i started to help newbies to forex in forums. One day, i decided to start a blog to share to newbies more about forex. It is newbie friendly and contains [B]my forex articles and views on EUR/USD. [/B] After that, i began to search high and low for a suitable trading system to help myself and anyone who was interested. I found many systems based on moving averages and i liked the idea as it was not a fast and furious way of trading. I slowly adapted and customized the various systems over the months and The Koala System for Forex Trading was created!
we deploy 3 moving averages on the chart. Parameters are
- Applied to Median Price ( High + Low / 2 )
- Period of 3 ( Red ) , 6 ( Green ) , 9 ( Blue )
This gives us our primary indicators.
Next we deploy 2 moving averages on the chart. Parameters are
- Applied to Closing Price
- Period of 200 ( Black )
- Applied to Median Price ( High + Low / 2 )
- Period of 50 ( Brown )
This two moving averages will serve as our secondary indicators.
While you can use any value for your stop loss and take profit, in view of proper risk and reward ratio and money management, recommended sets are
- 30 SL 30 TP ( Normal )
- 50 SL 50 TP ( Challenging )
- 30 SL 50 TP ( Very challenging )
The more challenging the values are, the more precise your entries should be.
A buy or sell opportunity will surface when the
- primary indicators becomes parallel towards the direction of the trade
- brown secondary indicator is in the same direction and is not turning in towards the primary indicators. This functions as an immediate support or resistance warning too as the price often react to the moving average
- black secondary indicator is not near the price action and hence not a potential strong support or resistance
As the system relies heavily on trends, there are certain market conditions that will affect the performance of the system greatly
- Low trading volume conditions resulting in no trends
- Excessive flipping of the price action due to volatility
- Major economic events resulting in unexpected spikes and momentum
- A major support and resistance / trend line is not in the immediate region of the momentum. If you want to know what are the support / resistance lines i follow, you can find it in my EUR/USD Forecast over at my blog.
In this example, we see a rather clean entry signal to buy.
The three primary indicators are not converging and the secondary brown indicator is in the direction of the trade and not turning in towards the price action. Furthermore, the black indicator is no where to be seen.
If you notice, the price action is not cutting beyond the green indicator much. This is good because if the price action do cut beyond the green indicator excessively, it may indicate a failing momentum and hence the signal should be reevaluated.
In this example, we see a typical low trading volume market condition.
Due to a lack of clear direction, the primary indicators start to jumble up like DNA and hence indicating a low trade zone. The price action is simply too narrow and ranging to be of any use for trading.
In this example, we see another no trading zone.
In this case, the price action is choppy and is indicated by the excessive flipping of the primary indicators. Any attempt to trade in this condition may result in one’s stop loss getting hit due to the spikes. I will also like to highlight how we can see that the black indicator is acting like a support here.
I personally use The Koala System on the EUR/USD M15 time frame. I have heard of users finding success in other pairs and i would love to hear about it.
Do remember that The Koala System is not a fast way to get rich from forex and it does not guarantees you success. Forex trading is your own responsibility and you still need to understand the fundamentals and concepts of forex trading. Proper money management, patience and discipline is crucial. Having only a few trades in a week is common!