The Koala System ( Newbie Friendly )

baby pips is popluar :stuck_out_tongue:

matt do let us know of your experiences :stuck_out_tongue:

fxster u harvested pips?

Last nite (US morning) 30mins after the New Home Sales, I saw the 3 koalas diverging upwards on 15M. So I bought. Then i guess u know what happened. Loss 40pips.

This morning (US nite) seeing 5M koala diverging downwards, managed to recoup 28pips. It went way down further. Would have recoup more if i put a lower TP price.

It seems like 5M maybe more superior than 15M koalas.

hmmm koala fxster you broke the rules again :frowning: never trade near the news to be safeā€¦

for 5M, i did run an experiment on that for sometime but it turns out to be full of FALSE ALARM. ( although it may catch those real ones earlier ) Therefore i dropped in for 5Mā€¦ in the beginning, koala was even 30M !!

did you read my NFP reports on my blog? you notice how it affects price hours before and after? never never trade near news if possibleā€¦

extremely volatile ā€¦ not a fantastic week for koalaā€¦ market is apprehensive !

Hi all, find below the latest The Koala System Weekly Review from my blog posted here for your convenience!

Good day The Koala System users!

This week brought us many challenges.

Patience and discipline of our trading system tested from all sides!

A mixed of both positive and negative developments happened during the week resulting in a rather volatile trading environment. You can read the latest EUR/USD Weekly Review for more details.

Long time users will know that The Koala System does not like a volatile EUR/USD. We remained within red zones for most of the week.

3 opportunities ( black circles ) were identified. However due to the volatility, harvest size was about 50 pips for all. The 200 EMA performed its role and served as a warning for possible support and resistance.

Notice the 2 red circles? These were failed opportunities. Although the 3 koalas were parallel and the price action did not touch the blue koala, the currency pair turned against the trade soon after, typical of rough price action. This is why i always urge all users to

[ul]
[li]Practice proper money management[/li][li]Plan trades carefully[/li][li]Shift stop loss to cover some profit as soon as possible. It is always better to harvest a little than to lose your full stop loss.[/li][/ul]
The week ahead may bring us more volatility as numerous economic releases are due including the US Non-Farm Payroll. To get a heads up, read the latest EUR/USD Weekly Review.

Trade safely and iā€™ll see you next week.

I still cannot access babypips from my house. Only in my office. Thatā€™s weird. Normally the other way round.

What is your rules for trading before and after news? How many hours before and how many hours afetr?

Unfortunately my trading time available is very limited. I sleep from 11am-7pm (US time) and work from 8pm-7am (US time) and most of the US news and AUD news are in my trading hours. While some EUR and GBP news is also in my trading hours. Couple with waiting for koalas to form. Thatā€™s about 1 trade per week!!

you cant access trading from your mobile device fxster? anyway, 1 good trade per week is good! remember slow and steadyā€¦

for me, i depend on how important the news isā€¦ you can see it at the economic calender at my blogā€¦ for crazy news like NFP, i stay out at least 4-5 hours b4 if i canā€¦ and i probably wonā€™t trade after NFP passā€¦ let my week close in green :stuck_out_tongue:

i just started mobile trading, but its not so convenient for me. It doesnā€™t allow me to have multipage page, where i can put in different chart at different page.

Also its too small for me to look at the trend and S/R from larger TF and it would be a mess if i use fibo.

i normally follow the forex factory calender for updates, and i assume red flag means important. But ur correct that for NFP i would ā€œTRYā€ to not to trade.

But the opposite is, if the whole day thereā€™s no news at all, i think the price tend to range bound, and itā€™s hard to get 50pips. Uā€™ll also see a lot of fake koalas wannabe.

Anyone profited from the koalas yesterday?

I made 45pips downwards yesterday, and it TP just 15pips above the lowest. phewā€¦
I would have made much more, even double if i went in erlier. I first saw the opportunity, but it was too fast, then i put a sell limit. It never touch my sell limit, it went down further, so i decide to put in an immediate sell order, before bed.Luck i guess

bottom line is you made $ thats the most impt ! yay!

did you catch the UPwards :stuck_out_tongue:

which upwards? Thhis morning upwards or yesterday morning?
Unfortunately ur morning is my night (sleeping hours).
I think this morning up didnā€™t give a good indicators, cos the price went up too fast, and by the time a valid koalas formed, it would be too late. Wouldnā€™t catch it even i wasnā€™t sleeping.

Whereas, it was not easy to catch from the start of the upwards (after price went above 200EMA), cos a lot of retracement. 50pips could be wipe out if i went in at the tip before retracement.

I did went in for upward couple of days ago, an hour after it passess the 200 EMA, but was taken out by a retracement back down below 200EMA. Then it went all the way up.

I think the next issue if anybody can suggest is timing of getting in the trade.

Mr Koala,

u asked for comments on your daily review, wheter to use 4hr TF?
I would suggest , IF POSSIBLE, use a 15M TF. That would be ideal, as koalas is using 15M TF.

Hi Mr Koala.

I have been following your thread for a while and so far it is going well, just a few things I am on GMT and it seems by afternoon my time you are already at midnight so it is difficult to decide on trading times best for the system.
Secondly I am unsure when to get into trades like the position of the 3 SMAs
I think I am getting in too early or late at times. Since 1 March I am now 78 pips up though I did lose 64 on 2 trades in that time.(Was 142 pips up before loss )
If I were to get my entering & exiting trades right I would be extremely happy with it.
On your request for comments on the daily review I use 15m TF so that would be my choice.

Keep up the good work it is well appreciated a fantastic system.:slight_smile:

Manage to recoup back my recent 50pips loss yesterday (US erlier today) on the down trend.

Just TP at 1.3554 (3pips away from the low).Phewā€¦Went in about 1 hr after the Homes Sales. Since 30mins after seems a bit too erly. Just before bedtime.

I still learning on identifying relevant S/R.I the most important is identifying support and resistance, i used fibo, 200EMA and 100 EMA at 4hr TF and of course the 200EMA at 15min TF. It save me a lot. Nonetheless a lot of instinct involved for me on which one is relevant.

U can have a very good system, but it will not counter these S/R. In fact if ur are extremely good with identifying S/R, u dun even need other system. It can be a system on its own. However, which is a relevant S/R is hard to find. If u take all lines as S/R, u wonā€™t have opportunity to trade.

Hi Trading801,
Hi everyone,

I am new to Forex and trying to understand the Koala system. I like the system because it suits my personality.

I need your help to setup my charts. I will give it a go on paper trading for a few months or perhaps as long as it takes to understand the system.

Here is my first question (and I am sure there will be many more to come!):

I donā€™t know how to get the 3,6 and 9 MAā€™s to be ā€˜Smoothed and apply to Median Priceā€™ as Trading801 said. My charting software has Simple MA, Exponential MA and Linear Weighted MA. Which one should I use?

Looking forward to your replies. Thankyou and have a good weekend.

Learn2b

What is your trading software?

Hi again,

Do you trade the Koala system during US cash market only?

Cheers,

Learn2b

Hi,

I am using the FXCM Trading Station with a demo account.

Cheers

anytime anywhere

hee hee fxsterā€¦ m15 will be far too short for a daily review :stuck_out_tongue: anyway regarding the S&R, you know those red lines i draw on my daily reviews? it is a good place to startā€¦ they usually work :stuck_out_tongue: