The Koala System ( Newbie Friendly )

hey buddy… i like your style of contention :slight_smile: hope you achieve greater success with The Koala System !

Hi all, find below the latest The Koala System Weekly Review from my blog posted here for your convenience!

Good day Koala users!

This week brought us a rather challenging week.

We have numerous red zones due to frequent flipping of the koalas direction. This is possibly due to the various economic releases and apprehension that plagued the week.

3 opportunities presented themselves this week but two of them fringed along the 200 EMA. Therefore it would be considered a risky trade as 200 EMA is an indication of possible resistance and support.

Eventually the week ended almost flat. As we alternate between periods of risk taking and risk aversion sentiments due to the various developments in the global economy, it is crucial that we plan our trades well and not let the whip saws chip away at our account. I mentioned previously that if you prefer to trade frequently, you may have to reduce your take profit expectations as full 50 pips harvests do not happen on a regular basis. The Koala System is about patience and having only a few good opportunities per week is common.

Many folks also forget that The Koala System has two purposes. To indicate possible trends and to warn of danger zones. To achieve success with this system, it is important that one trades only when an opportunity surfaces and to stay out of the market when the condition is dangerous. Proper money management must be practiced. Read the latest EUR/USD Weekly Review for a heads up!

Trade safely and all the best for this week!

Something that I have never wanted to do was have MT4 charts with one broker but take trades with another, in this case Oanda (Java.) But at 08:45 US/CST I saw a downward completed (closed) cross on Oanda for E/$, took the trade and lost 12 pips. FXDD (MT4) never showed a cross so the Smoothed, Median settings for the EMAs is more accurate for trading this strategy. During the normal non-news NY session Oanda has .9 pip spreads on 3 prs which is sort of hard to ignore but their EMAs are set on Closed and can’t be changed. So I may have to follow the pairs on one platform and trade on another. As I said, I had wanted to avoid this but now it seems unavoidable. Koala is a good 15M TF strategy. d.

Anyone ride on the uptrend yesterday?
I saw it but didn’t went in. cause the first candle was a relatively huge one, i thought it gona retract but it didn’t.
Darn it!!

glad it helps u… thanks for your kind support !!

koala fxster dont worry i am with you… its ok… the koala system is for the long run… there will be a next time! :slight_smile:

Hi all, find below the latest The Koala System Weekly Review from my blog posted here for your convenience!

Good day.

Welcome to another weekly review of The Koala System.

This week brought us quite a number of events.

The EUR/USD did almost a 400 range and traders caught on the wrong side of the fence suffered.

We know that The Koala System warns us when the waters are rough and we should not trade then. It is this precise feature that tested our patience this week.

Early week, optimism regarding the Eurozone brought the EUR/USD up towards 1.3800. Although the entire period right up to mid week was a no trade zone, i did have an opportunity circled inside. This opportunity appeared to be a risky one as it was near the 200 EMA. Looking at hindsight, a 50 pips take profit was possible but as mentioned it belongs to the risky category and i am not fond of such.

Come midweek, The Koala System rewarded our patience with a great opportunity. If you used a trailing stop instead of a standard 50 take profit, a harvest of 200 pips was possible! Momentum was strong and it sliced through the 200EMA.

Unfortunately, that was the last opportunity for the week. Price action in the second half of the week was choppy and the U pattern towards the last day probably wiped some accounts.

Remember koalas, patience comes along with The Koala System. Plan your trades well and practice proper money management. Read the latest EUR/USD Weekly Review for an outlook of the up coming week.

hmm as it turns out, 1.36 is a strong line… look how the price action revolves around it?

this kind of tight ranging is not very optimal for a trend trader like The Koala System … regardless, … be patient we must :slight_smile:

there was a sudden jump up. touching 1.3670!! Too bad i reduced my TP wen the pair started to go ranging. I changed my TP 5mins before this sudden jump!!

hey hi koala fxster nice to see u… was wondering if you changed tree heehee anyway you did make $ right? thats the goal! even if it is 10 pips + , it is ALWAYS better than 10 pips - :slight_smile:

welcome buddy !! will take a look at your suggestion thanks! and yes impatience is a problem with many… i once too and it gave me 3 margin calls to my name LOL hope u find success do drop by often

Very true. It was very hard to make 10pips and very easy to lose 10 pips.

Made some pips again yesterday. The 200 EMA was very helpfull. i used it for my pending sell limit yesteday before i go to bed, after i saw the sudden dip. luckily i didn’t ride on the big dive.

Mr Koala 801, any idea on setting the entry point?
As i saw a lot of time whenever the 3 koalas are diverging (i.e. opportunity to enter), the boat seems very fast, and 50% of the time it retraced, but the other 50% it didn’t retrace.

Thanks Matt. will try out your suggestion too.
Btw, what is “TS” and “PA”?

Would you be willing to answer the TOUGH QUESTIONS about this system?

i’ll try my best :slight_smile:

Fxster, you tried using a lower TF for entries? like M5?

Sometimes i look at 5M. Of course the advantage is, u can ride on the boat earlier, but lots of fakeouts though.

But seriously, what does “TS” and “PA” stands for?

oh when i mean 5M, i meant using it to confirm entry when 15M signals…

PA is price action… TS, i am guessing, it is trading systems

Thanks.
Ok, so i’ll wait for the 15M to form the diverging koalas.
Then switch to 5M and ensure the same formation exist. Then go in.
Otherwise, dun go in first, and wait for the formation in the 5M koala.

Right?

yesh… this is good practice but note… it will TEST your patience :slight_smile:

Dunno why i can’t access babypips from my home.
only can access it from my office. ANyway, quite slow also.