The Koala System ( Newbie Friendly )

i think 30M is too late.
Sometimes even 15M is also quite late, but 5M is prone to fakouts as well

yeah 5M is tough… so far M15 seems to be the best balance… arrgghh how about 30 take profit… is it working for you? i trying that out now.

Hi all,

if you are new to this thread, welcome and feel VERY free to make some noise :stuck_out_tongue: comments opinions etc !!

more impt, we must aim to finish this week in GREEN ! yay !

Yeah im new! Is there a way to trade koala system on a demo account? If remember correctly, investin rule #1 is never lose real money :stuck_out_tongue:

yes you can :slight_smile: are you on MT4?

Hi all, find below the latest The Koala System Weekly Review from my blog posted here for your convenience!

Good day forex traders,

making money in forex is not easy. If you want to make money in forex, you need to have patience and commitment. The Koala System is all about it!

In the last review, we saw the system giving us 4 standard opportunities. Having said so, we noticed that individual moves were getting tighter and a consideration of 30 pips take profit might be a suitable one. The 200 EMA continued to prove it’s usefulness, often acting as a support and resistance line.

Looking at the EUR/USD 15 minutes chart above, the week was quite a good run for system. As many as 6 standard opportunities were up for grabs.

The first opportunity came at the start of the trading week as investors prime the currency pair for a bearish drop. Sentiments were bad and the money market was apparently tightening. While investors tried to take stock of the current situation, the EUR/USD ranged widely providing for the second opportunity. In fact the currency pair continued ranging into the second day, providing for 2 more opportunities. The Koala System is a trend trader and hence such almost trend like ranges were good for the system to harvest.

As a result of risk aversion, the EUR/USD was overwhelmed by bearish pressure and dipped lower. That move was not highlighted because the momentum was too fast. The Koala System is a defensive system and hence not much risk allowance is given. Fast momentum may be a target of a fast rebound. However if you were still in position from the earlier opportunity, with an appropriate trailing stop loss your harvest may be a bountiful one. After touching a low the currency pair slowly recovered due to improving sentiments with regard to the actions taken by the Euro Zone to curb the crisis. The upwards move provided for the remaining two opportunities.

This week the 200EMA once again proved to be a useful indication of possiblesupport and resistance. I am currently testing a take profit of 30 pips. The market is an ever changing arena and hence we must be constantly evolving or risk the chance of losing the edge.

Trade safely and i will see you next week.

Read the latest EUR/USD Weekly Review for a heads up.

May 25 (Bloomberg) – Asian stocks and the won plunged to 10-month lows after a report that North Korean leader Kim Jong Il ordered his military to prepare for combat last week. The euro weakened and commodities declined on concern Europe’s debt crisis will spread.

Just watch out for this… risk aversion etc.

Has been green so far this week, despite a small one.

Only made 10 pips earlier today, I put a TP 1.2270, after price touched 1.2272, it retarce back up and i chicken out and close it at 1.2295, and only made 10 pips. Not long after that it went back down and way below!!!

hey koala fxster as long as it is green, it is good…

i harvested two sets of 30pips … heehee am happy koala… but seems like situation getting worst… on alert now…

the same thing happen today, like yesterday!!
i had a TP of 1.2272. But the price only touched 1.2271, (it need to touch 1.2270 to close my trade due to the 2pip spread). So i was only 1 pip away to my TP!!!
By the time i look at my chart it was around 1.2292, so based on yesterday result, i decided this time to not to close my trade and moved my SL lower to BE+1.
And it really went back up and touched my BE+1. sob sob!!

surprise surprise.
it went back below my original TP, right after touching my revised SL of BE+1

hmmm so all in all 1 pip profit? i think the price is becoming crazy from all the happenings… wild ranging

yup, very frsufrating. and goin back up now…
gone crazy…

during such crazy times, i will stay on the fence… i want to move towards 99% winning trades… even if profit 1 pip, doesn’t matter the point is it must be a profit :slight_smile: and i really VERY selective about the trades now…

Hey.

Did everyone find success this week? I was defensive and managed 30 pips x 2.

this was my best perfoming week so far, altho there was opportunity losses, as i’ve mannuallyTP lower than my original TP

well done!!!

it does seem like a smaller TP like 30 is better for the current market conditions… ah the beauty of forex… ever changing conditions LOL

have a great start for the new trading week !

i think this week will be pretty tough. at least for my available trading hours.
So many news!!

yeah i just took a 30 pips hit too … heehee am only human but no worries… proper mm will guide me thru !