The Koala System ( Newbie Friendly )

Interesting system. Thanks trading801 :slight_smile:

I just started reading this today. I have a chart attached. Looks like a good signal there. Am I on the right track?

yeap, just like the koala system says.
but got to bkful with the SR lines. Checkout thegeekknows, for the daily SR lines. quite accurate.

fxster ! if you remembered my previous reviews, i talked about 1.2135… now it breached and went flying high !!!

BTW i see someone new… HI :slight_smile: i hope you stay with us for long…

and your point is…?

Anyway, the buy stop i’ve mentioned made me 25pips, instead of my TP 30pips, as i chicken out.

Then i made another buy stop when it breached 25pips above 1.2260, and that made me lose 45pips!!!

So a net loss of 20pips so far.

p/s no disrespect but i think you may want to look into your win lose ratio… at this rate, you wont be able to gain… 1 loss = 2 or your wins …

Shall we call it profit risk ratio and win rate ratio?
TP/SL ratio = TP/SL
Win rate ratio = No. of wining trades / No. of losing trades
By lowering my TP/SL ratio, i increase my win rate ratio. So it depends on situation. If possible i’ll try to increase TP/SL%.

profit loss ratio? :stuck_out_tongue:

anyway my point on 1.2135+ is that it is a strong line historically… if the price clears it, it will suggest momentum is rather strong and it may take the pair further… which it did, testing the 1.2330+.

hope i clarified. ( did you skip a few of my reviews :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: )

yeah, i know that.
anyway made some pips yesterday.
so a net 25pips gain so far. hopefully can make more by end of this week.

Mr Koala,
Whats ur next 2 red lines above 1.2440?
Is it 1.2540 and 1.2610?

Managed to make any pips from the uptrend erly today? I didn’t catch any as it was near news hours, so i din’t trade.

1.2500/550 !

got a green week ya? :stuck_out_tongue:

Net 25pips gain for this week.

How do you get 1.2500? D1 or W1 timeframe? and what is the date?
Still learning here.

oh … ok buddy… if you notice, all round numbers usually have some effect… this is well known to many folks…

1.2 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 etc etc hence it is auto i include it

Hi all, find below the latest The Koala System Weekly Review from my blog posted here for your convenience!

Good day forex trading koalas.

In the previous review, we noted that the week was a very challenging one. Most of the week resided in the no trading zone. The currency pair frequently spiked and flipped, making trading conditions extremely difficult. While a 30 pip take profit would really help here, care must be taken as the spiky nature of the EUR/USD for the week would have wiped out a 30 pip stop loss easily too.

Only two opportunities were presented and these were 30 pips take profits. A 50 pips take profit would not have been as successful.

With reference to the EUR/USD M15 chart above, the week is once again a challenging one.

In early Monday trading, the currency pair gained bullish momentum. However it was deemed risky as the movement was too quick. After a pause, the EUR/USD resumed it’s upwards climb. However it was spiky and hence did not present an opportunity until late in the day. 30 pips were available for harvest. On Tuesday, a bounce off the 200EMA provided another opportunity for a trade. While the initial momentum was too fast, the subsequent climb was more acceptable. The rest of the week resided in the no trading zone. The currency pair flipped around excessively and threatened to wipe out positions on both sides.

The 200 EMA is holding up well as you can see that it functions as an indicator of support and resistance lines well. Just remember that support and resistance lines are never a single pip and hence the currency pair may extend a little further before heading back.

The 30 pips take profit strategy is giving me a little of mixed results. While the lower take profit value does minimize the exposure to the market due to less time spent waiting for the take profit value to be hit, the corresponding lower value of stop loss results in lesser allowances for negative movements. Consider this as an ongoing research.

For folks just joining us, you can view The Koala System rules .

As the currency pair is really going through a tough time, it is crucial that you plan your trades well.

Trade safely and i will see you next week.

That would be a big trouble to me.
For e.g. the lines is 1.2300, 1.2330, 1.2400, 1.2440 and 1.500, i would not be able to go in for full50pips TP.

I cannot go in at 1.2320, cos it’s nearing 1.2330, i have to wait it go above it by at least 20pips to be safe.

Then if i go in at 1.2350 (afterthe said 20pips safety) i cannot put 50pips, it would be 1.2400.

Then if i go in at 1.2420 (i.e. 20pips above 1.2400 line), i cannot put 20 pips TP, for the same reason.

If i go in 20pips above 1.2440, i.e. 1.2460, i can put max 30pips TP cos 1.25 is the next line.

this is one reason why i am trying out 30 tp… how was yr day…

Well…
made loss of 45pips early in the day, then made profit of 30pips later in the day.
So a nett 15pips loss.
Would have made higher if i stick to original TP. Then i move it when i saw a bit of retracement and ranging for about an hour near the M15 200EMA.

oh well sometimes you just never know… BTW did you make from the up trend ?

Did u mean the uptrend yesterday (US time: this morning)?
i did put a but stop 1.2360 with 40pips, but it only went highest 1.2388, and went down all the way and hit my SL few minutes ago!!

Looks like 2 weeks net loss in a row, i’m losing my mojo!!!

What happening??

fxster, dont worry… patience and proper MM will get u thru… how is today for u?

I was out as i was busy… rather not chance…

Anyway i wont be doing review this week as i am looking at how i can further improve the system… feel free to give your comments :stuck_out_tongue:

in the meanwhile, folks you all can still read the Eur/usd reviews at my blog.

i didn’t take any trade as well.
the prices was approaching 100EMA on 4HTF.
i did put a buy stop and sell stop far far away, but expired. Also the 1.2260 line was respected.
Good luck on the system improvement.
i still think ur S&R was the best. i tried many times to identify it mtyself, but not easy.