The Koala System ( Newbie Friendly )

Lol the EUR/USD shot to the moon… but it is not risk aversion etc it is the poor US data

Hi all, find below the latest The Koala System Weekly Review from my blog posted here for your convenience!

Good day fellow Koala System users.

Yes i took a one week break for the system review.

Basically i was examining two factors.

1. The best use of the system

2. The best time frame for the system.

[B]-1-[/B]

As far as the best use is concerned, scaling is definitely out. This system is primarily a slow trend system. Best suited for intra-day traders ( 15 minutes ) and intra-week traders ( 30 minutes ).

[B]-2-[/B]

The best time frame is a tricky one. Besides the need to suit the above styles discussed, different market conditions calls for different time frames. With the recent spikiness of the market, a lower 15 minutes works better. A 30 minutes approach will result in no trade zone for most of the week.

While we continue to explore the best ways to do so, remember that patience and proper money management is a must!

Looking at the EUR/USD 15 minutes chart for the week, we can see that The Koala System brought us 3 opportunities.

While the currency pair did begin bearish for the first half of the week, the first suitable opportunity only came in the second day when the pair is below the 200 EMA. The Koala System is not a risky trading style and hence we must wait often.

The midweek is mainly spiking but we managed to identify one quick opportunity.

The last opportunity was a potential winner if you used a proper trailing stop. The strong upwards momentum carried the currency pair up from the lows. This is due to the poor US data coming out of the country.

A user suggested the use of a 50 EMA and till now i do find some usefulness of it. Thank you buddy you know who you are. Expect this to be featured in the next review

For folks just joining us, you can view The Koala System rules here.

Trade safely.

Hi,

I always seem to come back to your thread for a reason, I like the simplicity of your system. Can you tell us what is your typical return of investment? What is your win rate? Thanks for letting us know.

I’m guessing it’s good since you keep on using it

hihii buddy… frankly, my point is to never end the week RED lol

a rough look gives me about 20% +/- a month.

i am really really a slow koala trader ( i guess its because i am always busy with work as you can see from my grumblings over at my daily eur/usd reviews on my blog lol thats why i do not trade 24/7 only when i pop by and see really clean signals. )

Thanks for the quick response

I’m looking into a similar system, do you think it makes sense to only trade in the direction of the 200 EMA? I mean, if the price is under the 200 EMA, to only take bearish positions?

hmmmmmmm i doubt that works because the price is rather spiky these days… we can use it only as a guide… this is precisely why there is no holy grail arrgghh

time to boast shamelessly :stuck_out_tongue:

i love it when my charts work !

I haven’t looked in for a while; did you change the TFs? Orignally it was the 15M TF and now your latest example is on the 4H - better results on longer TFs maybe?

how’s everyone?
Mr Koala? Busy making pips?

Been away quite a while didn’tmanage to trade.
made a small 30pips yesterday.
Hope it continues.

But it’s now touching the 100EMA on the 1HR TF.
Even if it go above this 100EMA, there’s another line 1.2645, as recomended by Mr Koala.
Long way to go.

hi buddy,

the charts are still M15.

this H4 charts is from my daily reviews of the EUR/USD on my blog ! :wink:

hi fxster i am out of the country… busy busy… becareful as it is earnings reporting season and most folks are wondering what the stress test will bring… i will say it may be crazy times again !!!

hi there

I’m a pretty massive lurker. I have been using this system for about 2 months with a demo account. I have been averaging around 100 points a week or so with this system. I plan to take it live within the next 2 weeks or so. I do have a day job so I missed out on some good trades. Like that 300+ one 2 weeks ago.

Pretty happy with it. I have tried other systems but this really fits what my style. I just chill with the graphs on my 2nd monitor and never enter unless every thing matches up.

I might do 1-2 trades a week. Its great. My demo account was growing about 30-40% for the last 2 months.

u’ve been doing it 2months, and averaging 100pips a week??

i’ve been doin it a year and still strugling with breakeven!!!

I’m with you as my “perfect” setups seem to reverse rather dramatically. d.

My story is a little bit longer then that. This is a the short version.

heard about forex about 5 years ago.
about 3 years ago tried out a few systems in demo accounts
tried a real money account lost a few grand
went back to demo accounts and have been trying out systems and gaining more experience ever since.

I see. fair enuf then. it seems there’s light at the end of the tunnel for u.
And ur very patient indeed.

Dobro,

if it works opposite for u, why dun u try taking opposite trades…doesn’t sound rite… but worth trying out.

opposite… is not a legit strat imo

as for patients… yes. you have to be able to stare at a chart for hours and do NOTHING. I don’t really stare i just glance over but still I check it every 10-15 minutes when Im home.

I did catch the move on the eur/usd though. +120 pips.

I have a sound alert set at 1.2690. If that level is broken to the downside I’ll go short for a potential +50 pips (TP=1.2640). My fingers are crossed! d.
edit: my entry would of course be in conjuction with a Koala setup.

did i hear trying opposites? LOL naughty naughty

Action not headed as I thought so I’m closing up shop until this evening. AND, I did not mean to imply that I do the opposite of the suggested trade. Rather, I sometimes jump in just as a trade suggestion is starting to form only to see it collapse and going in the opposite direction or go flat. I usually take a small early loss then. d.