The MACD Contrarian. A medium term position trading system for the EURUSD

The end of year for this model was yesterday. As can be seen we finish with an 18% return for the year.

Important to undertake a perodic review of model performance. As can be seen last year sat comfortably within expected parameters

First trade for the new 12 month period just entered short

Stop now at break even

New long trade triggered this morning

First successful trade for awhile

Updated trade log

I just set the SL to BE on a long.
Be great to have two winners in the same week.

Agreed Bill. Theres been a frustrating number of break even stop outs over the last few months but thems the breaks

Short entry triggered at 1.5501

Stop now at be on this long trade

Lots of trades recently so just bringing the thread up to date

Another break even trade

Entry triggered

We have had a couple of trades go close recently but no cigar as they say.

Our 3rd win of the year

Hi tonymand
when you plot your major S/R lines do you use the 4h or the daily chart

The system does not pay attention to SR levels. I use only the 4H chart

Time to update the thread. There have been a frustrating number of stop outs at BE which would have gone on to profit if the stop had been left at its original position which would have possibly doubled our return for this year. Its important to remember though that this has not been the case in previous years at least not to this extent. It is tempting to change the rules but this would require an extensive backtest and in my view the current times are unusual and so I have left the rules alone. Despite all of that we remain on course for an average year thanks to the back to back wins over Xmas. Hope your trading brings you all that you desire in the New Year

Hi tonymand,

Drop by to say hello and seem that now you are now trading on longer timeframes. All the best in trading for the new year. :slight_smile: