The MACD Contrarian. A medium term position trading system for the EURUSD

I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread. It would need to be modified as it did not work well on other pairs

Hi Tonymand,
if i understod your system correctly we are looking for a short entery on Eu!?

Thinking we should be short already. Around 1.3123 ??

Looking over the past few months.

Why no trade on feb 20 - 22nd?

I am showing a MACDH cross to the upside On friday and then a jump down on sunday getting us in a short around 1.2810 and stopped out soon after.

Short at 3123 and stopped out

Strictly speaking I agree with you and it probably should be included for the years results so I will update them especially since we are at year end next week. I have an IBFX feed which breaks up that sunday/monday candle and makes interpretation difficult. Having said that I have entered on such a signal before.

Thanks for the quick replies Tony. I admire your dedication to this thread.

could you please have a look at my chart and tell me what i am doing wrong. obviously i get different signals then you do. 1.3123 is no trigger at all - my trigger got moved from 1.3112 to 1.3244 where i actually took it. at the moment it’s be…

You are not doing anything wrong you have simply got a different feed which in this case has gone in your favour. Good luck to you

since pizals earlier question is relevant for me now (my trade hit tp on the same candle that formed the crossover for a potential long) i wanted to ask you, if you stick to your rule (not to take it) only to strictly follow the rules or is there a reason why these trades could/would be less promising?

and second: you use osma, but 4hmacd did bring slightly better results, right? So someone just starting to use your system could stick to 4hmacd…?

I use H4 MACD not OSMA
My answer is the same you would have to backtest that change which would be substantial

iIf the price goes up again, do you look for another short entry?

Long is on

Moved stop to BE on the rally up to +60

Since i seem to have a very different feed, i am looking for a short at the moment…

Good luck to you, pizal!

jado911, in your case: only if the zero-line is broken before…

Probably our last trade of the year which technically finishes tomorrow. Would be nice to have a win and as you guys say this is now at be

Been urging this baby to get over the line and its just made it! Great way to end the year

Cha-ching!! :slight_smile:

Cha Ching indeed Pizal. There could always be another trade before the end of the year but if there is I will include it in next years figs. Had the time to update the spreadsheet and yearly summary tonight so here it is. A good year next year will take the notional pot past the million. Food for thought as I often say