The MMTT system- nonbrainer edition

I wonder why it doesn’t generate any profit if it is following the MMTT rules? Something must be missing from it.

I was looking back at one of your first threads ‘can this be holy grail’ remember that one? on demo you turned 10k into 3mil or something like that. :smiley:
You should do that for real !

I have been doing a lot of automated back testing the last few weeks its not easy to get a test that is close to real world results. It does not take much of a discrepancy in data, slippage, correct spread, etc… to throw the curve way out of wack!

strategy tester is not very reliable… i think is usefull but we should not trust the results from it.

the holly grail stuff could be something to look at again…

i´d just openned my first MMTT 4h charts trade:D

lower highs in EU, GU and UJ. SL at the usual place with the usual risk… no idea where to put the TP:confused:

í mean… my first order is short EU.

but i put a pending at GU 5630 and at uj 8547.

gu because is already too low so if i open right now it will need a huge SL… so i´ll only enter at a better price, if it happens.

uj may breakdown if it breacks that previous low.

lets see if that works on the 4h Tf

Hi Rui
I’m mainly looking at the daily right now. I’ve got a buy on GU at 1.5571

Hi ruilima22.

I read almost half of your thread and I got very interested in it.
First I have somthing to suggest:
I looked at some GBP charts and saw that with your MA’s the price almost always move near the lines of the MA’s and then bounce back at least 20 pips(some times much more) similar to what you said. -but even without your other indicator when you buy or sell near the MA lines and place 30 SL and 20 TP its almost always gonna be a winner trade - we should develop an EA the check my theory on that =].

My question is what currencis are you working with the most? I tried only GPBUSD and EURGBP and the are quite good.

exited around 1.5640

:slight_smile:

just came back from a very quick vacations in paris to find out that my short EU and GU had bust me :frowning: fourtunelly UJ is at +4xSL so it is paying the losses for a lot…

if i had being at the Pc i would probably removed the GU pending but sh**t happens…

any way congrats TalonD;) some pips never hurt no one

hi epoxi.

unfourtunelly we cannot backtest this system, because we are using a MTF indicator. in the back history this seems alot easier then in forward tests:rolleyes:

i will use this thread as my trading journal for some time. i will trade the 4h,dailly, weekly and mounthly charts so i think i will be able to post the few trades i would take from now on.

my live money is right now 558$ and that´s what i´ll use to trade… i will trade with TF that i´m not familiar with, but if i lost that money is just a small part of the profits from forex.

i hope this journal will help me to make me more acurate with large TFs and the largest SLs that they require, and help me to follow my own rules.

i really need to learn large TFs or i will need to stop forex for some months:(

i will start trading AU, UJ, EJ, EU, GU, UCF, EG.

i´ll post some charts along the way to show my equity, lets see if i can turn those bucks to 1000$ or if i will burn it all

just went short on EG at 0.8520. SL at 0.8582

no TP in mind so far

went long in Uchf at 0.9838. SL at 0.9772

probably i will took more trades tomorrow morning before i go to work… too many pairs seems good for countertrend.

Rui can you post a chart with your current set up on the longer TF?

Hi Rui,

post some charts please in order to see how you use it on longer timeframe

thanks,

i will put some charts at the end of the day, but i use more eyes than anything else. now i need to go to work a litle.

just stop by to update my trades.

i moved EG sl to 0.8550

i enter short in EJ at 113.38 SL at 113.79

Are you predicting a reversal? the daily is very bearish, that’s a bold move (it depends on your TP I guess)

no prediction gogo… just a trade;)

i will tell you the result of it after i close the trade… like a soccer coach here in portugal said once: “predictions, only at the end of the game”:smiley:

just notice that my short EJ miss the SL by just a couple pips:eek:

got luck i guess