The MMTT system- nonbrainer edition

True, I’ll demo this week to make sure I know the system well and I’ll go live if all goes well.

Can’t argue with results, and you guys got surreal results

looks like tomorrow the chat will be full of people :smiley:

hope it will be a good day so no one lose the sleep for nothing.:stuck_out_tongue:

I am going to try and be at the chat as well.

I just set up an Alpri demo to see if it charts the same as my fxpro demo that I have been using. It does the only difference I could see was it looked like it started 1 hr earlier at market open. I will probably stick with my fxpro demo as it has all my templates and custom indicators I have downloaded all set up.

been there too, Costanza :slight_smile:

today i had to left the chat room at around 3 pm… had a emergence to solve and i left the pc… sorry for that guys.

results for the day:

5trades 3wins, 2 losses.

total pips=78. total%= 3.8%

total rr ratio 1:0.76. a negative rr ratio is never good but i made good profits.

today the chat room was very full… glad to see some intereste in the system:D

i think the people who have being there got an idea how this system can be profitable and more (i mean less:p) important how fun can it be.

tomorrow is another day i usually have great results on wednesdays lets see if i get it tomorrow

Hi Rui,
Yes, I came back but I guess I know how to empty a room, everybody just disappeared . :smiley:
I know I want get up tonight since tonight I have a long evening but I will be back later.
Have fun

are you using MATAF to check on correlation?

Thanks Rui, I’m starting to get it. I find I’m too agressive with my entries, I don’t wanna overtrade. I don’t mind risky setups though, with a small stoploss it can lead to great gains I think…

yes gogo…i used to be the same, but, when you trade live will see that you can`t afford so many loses - at least i found that on my money :slight_smile:
it is better to wait for a good setup than imagine and create the setup

the system gives you enough trades in a day, that you dont need to create another :slight_smile:

hope today was good for everybody on the chat…i only took 2 trades: GU with 1:6R/R = 60 pips and AU with 1:1.7 R/R = 17 pips
also i miss 2-3 good setups…but hey let`s not become too greedy :slight_smile:

I spent several days (and many hours) looking at compiled data on Mataf to work out which pairs I should concentrate on, for all my trading strategies. I now have decided to eliminate several redundant pairs and just focus on these six:

GBP/USD
EUR/USD
USD/CHF
GBP/CHF
GBP/JPY
CAD/JPY

The GU and EU often have positive correlation and they often negatively correlate with UCHF, so I might have dropped GU. But too many strats focus on GU so I wanted to keep it – and it has been somewhat independent from EU during our recent history. I could have added EUR/AUD for another Euro pair (and the chance to add a a pacific currency) but didn’t like the high spreads combined with the lower Average Daily Range.

With these six I get: 3 GPB, 3 USD, 1 EUR, 2 CHF, 2 JPY and 1 CAD. I eventually felt these six gave me high volatility (check the ADRs for most) along with just enough correlation to understand what the market is doing at any given time. But by minimizing my trading to these pairs I can avoid “doubling up” positions on a lot of the same market movements.

Hi Merch,
Mataf is interesting you did a lot of work. There is one point, I know you are also in the CBL and there the “Preacher” always likes to take two entries. :slight_smile:
I was looking into correlation more for entering 1 trade in 1 currency and open second on the correlated one. Since they are not 100% correlated there is a better chance of not loosing on both.
I also opened trades with negative correlation (hedge, since we can’t hedge the same pair here in the US anymore) and dump the loosing one and keep on going with the better one.
Right now Rui’s system is pretty good and I look at M30 first to see if they are outside the MTF then switch to M5.
Pairs:
EURUSD
EURGBP
USDCHF
GBPUSD
USDJPY
AUDUSD
GBPJPY
EURJPY

see you probably tomorrow.:slight_smile:

ninety9… i don´t use nothing to see correlation… maybe i should try mataf.

but i know what pairs are correlacted and i only care about correlation to avoid hedging positions… after some tryings on hedging i found it bad for me.

and i try to look at every pair independently… if two correlected pairs made good setups i will open orders on both unless the setup is for hedging… that way i need to think what to do… and think is bad

:):slight_smile: Like I always say:
Leave the thinking to the horse, they have the bigger head. :smiley:

Rui if you don’t mind can you tell what was your most pip lost in a day? Your worst day with MMTT?

Rui, if you or anyone else would like to see the pages on Mataf where you can determine the ADR/volatility of a pair – and the correlation of any set of currency pairs, you can try these links:

[B]Forex Volatility - Mataf.net[/B]

and

[B]Forex Correlation - Mataf.net[/B]

:cool:

my worst day since i start with those new rules was the thursday before easter. i could had lost 6% of my acount that day i think if i had risked 1% per trade… but it was a special day and all the pairs had moved sideways all day…

but the possibility of have a really bad day full of losses are very present.

it can happens to anyone… when we trade 8 pairs at the same time a bad day can really hurt. i think that if all the bad conditions happens at the same time in one day i think i can lose 10% of my account in one single day… i´m not saying this is easy to happen but there´s a possibility

thanks jonh. i´ll take a look

today was a long hard batle against the market… i got slaughter by it.

i open 13trades today. 11 losses with no chance to even BE in any of them.

total loss for the day 6.5% of my account…

i still have 2 trades running. short gj and uj. have my SL at BE on both and i´m hoping that those two can save some of my losses…

will tell it later…

in a day like that the only thing that can save a account is a good MM… i´m glad i don´t risk more than 1% per trade.

will update the results for today as soon as yen stops falling

Looks like your prayers got answered! It shows that the battle is not over until it’s over.

yes but i haven´t close those trades yet and the SL is only at BE…

but if i can manage to reduce the losses to 4-5% i´ll feel a lot better