The mmtt system

Hi ruilima , thanks for sharing, it does look like a simple yet great system !
I will also try it when I get the time.

Last thing on my mind - You look at the daily TF and then draw the “daily ma cross” line in your 5M chart… right ?
For me it is hard to see exactly where the cross is - when it just happens or in the closing of the daily candle ??
It can be 25-35 pips differance:confused:

And I also want to know if it is so important, coz I noticed that sometimes you buy/sell before the price crosses back ?

BTW , happy hollydays and a great new year to ALL:D

Ruilima22, this is “thinking outside of the box” and I have to compliment you.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

I just have a question or two to make my understanding better, so let me start with the Daily chart, please:

1. Attached is the EUR/USD-D1 chart with the 2-SmoothedMA_Hi and Low in Red. These 2 form the perfect channel and therefore price does NOT penetrate any until the close of the candle and that is where my dilemma starts and where I need a clearer explanation from you, please.

Could you please take 5m and by example of a screen-print show me how you determine the "Daily - line. Thanks in advance.

1. When I scroll down to M-5 TF, I go directly to midnight of the previous Day’s chart and draw the line where exactly?

I understand the rest about Higher Lows and Lower Highs for confirmation, but where do you enter? (continue reading please to see what I am referring to here)

You are using a Blue-coloured “channel” on your chart and is very difficult to see where you have taken the trade.

It would be great if you could please mark the precise entry with a vertical-line in White/Yellow for easy observation. Thanks.

1. Finally, on the M5-chart you posted, you have 2 MVAs and if I understand you correctly, they are used for exiting your trades and set @ 15 and 20 Smoothed set @ close (where the 20 is shifted out to +5)

Wishing you a great Christmas and looking forward to hopefully hearing from you before the weekend is out so that I can also follow what goes on next week and be able to join your trading method next year.

Warmest regards.

I am wondering if you could just list each setting?

Or if you use MT4 you could just right click on your chart and choose “template” then “Save Template” and then attach the saved file to this thread? Then we could all be sure we are looking at the same chart with the same settings…

Thanks

here is my template for mt4. I changed the extension to .txt so it would attach to the post. You will need to change the extension back to .tpl

What does mmtt mean?

Hey we got a Shelby and a mustang on the same thread!:stuck_out_tongue:

hi. i don´t have my computer right now so i can post any chart until next year.

in the daily chart when you see the price cross a MA you draw a line and them you move to the 5m chart.

when price cross one ma in dailly you start to look to the 5m chart to a reverse. is just that. no waiting for candle close or anything else

the price cross the ma during the day at any time. no need to wait to the close of the candle.

the two mas form a channel and when the price go out that channel normally it try to go in the channel again. that´s why when the price go out the channel you will try to catch the move when the price returns to the channel.

MA smothed, 2 period, aply to high
MA smothed, 2 period, aply to low
MA smothed, 15 period aply to close
MA smothed, 20 period aply to close, shift +5

hope someone took pips from the market next week… don´t let them run:D

i will continue do sky for the rest of the year.

will try to do some responses to the questions.

happy holidays to all:D

Ruilima I have a question. When the daily shows a strong trend down or up. do you only trade in the direction of the trend? So for example if the trend is down . Do you only wait for the price to be above the upper 2ma and look for a sell signal ?

I hope you will continue to post some pictures of your trades. I would like to see them.

In another thread you asked about an EA but I have not seen any other posts recently. What is the status of that?

hi talonD.

in a strong trend up or down i try to catch the reverse too.
normally the moves are smaller and i get only few pips or BE… but i always try to catch the reverse the soon as possible.

when the trend is very strong i also try to catch the continuation of the trend but i will stop do that.

the EA is very difficult to do… i guess.
i would like to be able to see the dailly MA channel in the 5m chart.
and i would like to have an EA just to close the trade. because sometimes i close the trade before i go to sleep and i see in the morning that the trade could give me a lot more pips. and sometimes i let it run when i went to sleep and during the night my SL is hit.

right now i don´t have my pc with me so i can not trade or post any chart. just next year.

but i can coment any chart someone post.

Hows this, the PA broke the upper SMA so we look to go short. It takes the whole day but once it goes 40 pips profit. View the second image first =[.

Hi Ruilima,

Do you wait for price on the daily chart to penetrate the 2MA by a certain amount of pips, or move so far away from the MA before looking for lower highs etc? Or as soon as it has penetrated by one pip, you look for the lower highs etc? I guess waiting for it to move a certain distance away from the MA cross increases the chance of the reversal happening?

as soon as price cross the Ma. even for one pip i look for reversal.

the more difficult part is identify the highs and lows. the dailly chart is very simple.

EUR/USD right now is looking good I am in:D

Thats a 5 min chart that blue line is daily MA
nice simple system :wink:

i don´t have access to my charts, but it looks good.

one thing i like to do is trailing my SL until the BE so my losses are smaller.

try to do it if you want and once the trade is risk free let it run until the sky:D

I’ve been out today and just took a look. Looks like that was about an 80 pip gain if you made the trade!

I need to work on that let it run:D
I only took about 20 pips still not bad:cool:

I like the moving averages with the offset to help you stay in. I’ll say it again nice simple PA based system I will defiantly watch for these set ups!

keep an eye on USD/JPY reversal soon?? I am in early as usual I will watch to see what happens.