The problem is GOD yes or no?

@SovoS Ok… While you’re on the discovery of elements on earth…

Look up Element 115…Moscovium… And it’s unusual origin…

I couldn’t agree more! :slight_smile: But it does create space and opportunity for the possibility of a divine conscience :slight_smile: All I am saying is that the mystery is not just about a scientific formula for creating life. That is the “easy” bit! :smiley:

Rather, the fact that, right from the start, life came with both a reproduction mechanism and an incredible urge to survive are even harder to accept as purely scientific “accident” than just the creation bit.

Three things: creation of life, its reproduction methods and its determination to survive. All accidental and all simultaneous…without any one of those three aspects life would surely not exist.

The survival instinct is alongside other such non-physical issues like self-awareness, consciousness, rationality, personality, etc. we can put such things down to, for example, social evolvement but why and how they evolved, and how they function within the body, is another matter.

The sheer complexity of life and the inert universe leave open the door for all avenues of possibilities. Which is probably why these kinds of threads always tend to continue for “ever”! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Indeed, but the inability of science to explain every single thing is not grounds for two illogical conclusions -
a) that science can therefore be disregarded
b) that we are created and overseen by immortal intelligent entities beyond our own physical limitations.

1 Like

You mean this?
" The researchers on February 2, 2004, stated in Physical Review C that they bombarded americium-243 with calcium-48 ions to produce four atoms of moscovium. These atoms decayed by emission of alpha-particles to nihonium in about 100 milliseconds."

That does sound very physical rather than metaphysical, yes!

It was created

These debates go on forever… Because while one side has historically and scientifically proven records, carbon dated artifacts and researchable facts…

The opposing side of this debate posts simple fables and stories of unprovable events…

1 Like

Science has already questioned itself, and no facts remain when it comes to science, which can change at any time and has already been questioned by other scientists

Dig a little deeper and you will find more… The details of this element was leaked by a Whistleblowing Area 51 researcher back in the mid 70’s…

The Infamous Alien “Element 115” mentioned by Bob Lazar over a two decades ago is added to periodic table nowadays.

Strangely enough it only made it’s way to the periodic table in 2003…

That’s why most here struggle with these markets… Research skills are elementary at best…

1 Like

Common Misconceptions About Science I: “Scientific Proof”

Why there is no such thing as a scientific proof.

Unfortunately, there are many other misconceptions about science. One of the most common misconceptions concerns the so-called “scientific proofs.” Contrary to popular belief, there is no such thing as a scientific proof.

Proofs have two features that do not exist in science: They are final, and they are binary. Once a theorem is proven, it will forever be true and there will be nothing in the future that will threaten its status as a proven theorem (unless a flaw is discovered in the proof). Apart from the discovery of an error, a proven theorem will forever and always be a proven theorem.

In contrast, all scientific knowledge is tentative and provisional, and nothing is final. There is no such thing as final proven knowledge in science. The currently accepted theory of a phenomenon is simply the best explanation for it among all available alternatives. Its status as the accepted theory is contingent on what other theories are available and might suddenly change tomorrow if there appears a better theory or new evidence that might challenge the accepted theory. No knowledge or theory (which embodies scientific knowledge) is final. That, by the way, is why science is so much fun.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/200811/common-misconceptions-about-science-i-scientific-proof

To a certain extent, yes. But I don’t think it is as simple as that. For example, what is considered scientifically proven and factual is sometimes altered or even reversed when new scientific evidence is revealed. In addition, there are many, many things that are based on scientific theory and suppositions and not proven facts. Especially in the realm of astronomy, for example.

And on the other side, the human race has always tended to accredit to deities anything they don’t understand or can’t explain. Even the weather in days of old. But what is interesting and surprising is that one would have expected scientific knowledge to gradually eliminate religion. But it hasn’t. The majority of the human race still seems to align itself with super-natural entities of some kind or another.

I am sure that most people are Christian or Muslim or whatever other faith, primarily as a consequence of where they are born and raised rather than from some personal spiritual communication, but they all hang on the existence of a higher intelligence and spritual form. And this belief appears across the entire spectrum of humanity from the poorest and humblest to the wisest and most influential. So its continuation is not just due to the ignorance of the many.

People’s faith is a strange thing indeed. And it is not just like a photo, a snapshot of “today”. It is more like a video recording that changes as it lives, thrives, declines, dies and resurrects itself. :smiley: Personal faith is hardly ever a 0% or 100% thing, it usually lies somewhere between these two extremes and resonates from one side to the other as life goes on. But that is why it is “faith”. Belief and doubt are both degrees of faith but lie towards opposite extremes.

FFS… As I posted before… Lets stay in the realm of reality… Provable information, not wild fits of delusion.

The whole scientific and medical world relies on scientific proof!!

Go back to sleep…

Proofs exist only in mathematics and logic, not in science. Mathematics and logic are both closed, self-contained systems of propositions, whereas science is empirical and deals with nature as it exists. The primary criterion and standard of evaluation of scientific theory is evidence, not proof. All else equal (such as internal logical consistency and parsimony), scientists prefer theories for which there is more and better evidence to theories for which there is less and worse evidence. Proofs are not the currency of science.

Exactly my point… If it wasn’t understood… Then it must have been an act of God… As for the weather?

That’s no longer blamed on God… Science blames mankind… Now there’s a buck to be made…

Religion is like culture, it is passed down through the generations. Hence it is more prolific in certain regions than in others… Quite a few of you must be following the wrong God(s) as the interpretation of God and religion varies across the globe…

Ahhh… Mathematics and logic are a large part of scientific proof…

Connections between science and mathematics seem natural. First, mathematics can be used in science to organize and analyze data in tables and graphs. Second, mathematics can help represent scientific phenomena and understand scientific concepts.

Sorry to pop your delusional balloon… As I said… Go back to sleep…

It’s really, really simple… We have physical proof of Evolution… When you can provide physical proof of a God… Any God for that matter…

This debate will no longer exist…

Even theories change

Accepted theories are the best explanations available so far for how the world works. They have been thoroughly tested, are supported by multiple lines of evidence, and have proved useful in generating explanations and opening up new areas for research. However, science is always a work in progress, and even theories change. How? We’ll look at some over-arching theories in physics as examples:

In science …

Everything’s a theory.

Proof doesn’t exist.

Nothing is certain.

https://undsci.berkeley.edu/understanding-science-101/how-science-works/even-theories-chang

You telling me… Or You?

I posted this revelation of yours days ago…

Anyway, enough for today… It amuses me no longer…

Enjoy your night.

We can all live together without killing each other or Being offended by each other’s beliefs

Enjoy life and be Happy, You only have one

:joy: Yep, humankind (not sure one can say mankind nowadays! :sweat_smile:) has clearly had a load of accountability dumped on it about the climate change. But at least we don’t sacrifice babies to the weather gods any more! At least, I don’t think so… :thinking:

Absolutely! I guess there lies the division between faith and religion. Umpteen different congregations and splits even within the same religions - and even within the same congregations and groupings. These are usually due to a human element within a religion and interpretation of human writings that are assumed either to be, or to include, the words of a God.

The sad thing is that people find it hard to share thoughts on such matters without getting personally worked up about such issues. Faith and the beliefs associated with it become so personalised and vulnerable that people feel a need to defend them to the last. Holy Communion is one such issue.

Another aspect which is rarely discussed is the possibility that a deity did indeed create the world but is not actually that interested in it apart from a detached observation of how it develops. That would certainly help explain the problems religions otherwise have with issues like suffering and unanswered prayers, etc.

It’s illuminating how religious people do focus on the perceived or current weaknesses in science. Finding scientific knowledge weak or incomplete or still in development is surely not how people come to believe in gods.

If it was there would be very very few believers in the world.