The problem is GOD yes or no?

I would have thought that 60 million years of development of primates and 6 million years of development of humans was enough for us to have reached where we are now, especially since we still share 99% of our DNA with chimps and gorillas.

Although science is continually pushing back the frontiers of our knowledge, we will never know everything. In fact, we do not even know what we do not know. For example, we may never know how life arose. Although life may be sprinkled throughout the universe, life is not required for the continuity of inanimate matter; that is, living organisms are not essential for the universe to function. The laws of physics continue to apply regardless of the presence of life. To the best of our knowledge, life can only arise from pre-existing life. This of course begs the question how the first living cell(s) might have arisen.

It appears that life first emerged at least 3.8 billion years ago, approximately 750 million years after Earth was formed, How life originated and how the first cell came into being are matters of speculation, since these events cannot be reproduced in the laboratory.

The evolution of life didn’t create itself

1 Like

I’m not sure you’re scientifically correct on the origins of life. That’s because I am not a scientist.

I respect science and scientists (though only in their own fields).

But science is the last place I would look to be told that beings with immortality and one of them with omnipotence do not exist.

1 Like

We might never know, Discoveries in science are ongoing

The origins of life are not something I have speculated on much. I must admit I gave the possibility of there being a Christian god consideration for not more than 3 minutes.

No such thing, God is a God of all people, but gives humans the freedom of choice to go their own way

2 Likes

Yep - you’ll see at Him work in our hospitals and hospices, people caring for others - in our homes, our families, on our busses and trains - in every walk of life.

Samaritans were against the Jews - that’s why He chose a Samaritan to do good in His story - God works in everyone regardless of religion.

Good observation @SmallPaul

2 Likes

If you look around you, who do you think created all this, another living being who was already here and had life, I started life, from the beginning until the end

It makes no difference to me what interpretation mankind puts on the god or gods they believe in, none of them exist. They are all fabrications.

And that would be your freedom of choice :+1:

Agreed. But my freedom of choice is not God-given, its mine.

2 Likes

Never have I knocked anyone for exercising their right to choose

Evolution started at the Big Bang… Over billions of years the cosmos has expanded… Billions of Galaxies, Stars, Planetary systems have formed throughout the known Universe… The material that makes up all living things evolved from this expanding matter…

Here’s where religion(s) comes off the rails… It doesn’t consider the bigger picture of the cosmos… The Bible is Man and Earth centric…

And before you point out that the Bible includes Heavens… Please post the Verses that reference the possibility of other worlds and/or extraterrestrial life…

The Bible (Christianity), The Quran (Islam) or the Tipitaka (Buddhism) make no mention of other forms of life in the Universe… Only Mankind is front and center

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in His own image

Any true believers here care to elaborate on this startling revelation…

It’s very selfish or narrow minded thinking to believe that life on this Earth is the only intelligent living organisms in a Universe with Billions of Suns, planets and moons…

The Bible can be it’s own worst enemy…

Once again I’m left flabbergasted by the dogmatic ideology that asserts that only the Spirit Filled are the doer’s of all things righteous in society…

Seriously… If you are going to debate in this thread… Lets stay in the realms of reality…

1 Like

It remains a great mystery of science how life on Earth originated. Various answers have been offered, all of which remain unconfirmed.

Our journey to evolution begins with finding the origin of life

Whilst this claim is probably at the core of the atheistic camp , it has always left me with two issues that I find difficult to reconcile with it:

1. These sciences will agree that one cannot create something from nothing. So where did the original elements come from? If from a conversion from energy, where did the energy come from? And if the energy is just in space, where did the space come from? The concept of no space at all, nothing, anywhere, because there is nowhere at all, is mind-blowing.

2. We tend to focus on how life might have formed in the first place but what teases my mind even more is how did these life forms come complete with reproduction mechanisms and not just die away again? Add to that the burning passion for survival that is the life force in so much of nature, and it does get a bit complicated.

Another curious issue is the frequency of “chicken and egg” situations in nature. For example, how did we get ears before we knew there was something to listen to? how did blood learn to coagulate before the first cuts occured? what did spiders live on before they learnt to weave webs? These are, of course, all classic schoolkid questions, but they still remain curiosities nevertheless! :smiley:

Just some Sunday morning thoughts, I don’t intend disturbing here more - I already write far too much inane waffle everywhere else! :rofl:

3 Likes

Science uses the discovery of life on earth, not the origin, leaving open for creation to play a role

The evolution of life would begin at the origin, rather than when life was discovered on earth.

I think science uses the discovery of elements on earth, not their origin :wink:

1 Like

Yes you are correct, In other words, these elements, including earth, preexisted

1 Like

The absence of evidence for a scientific theory of creation is not evidence for the existence of any god.

2 Likes

Without evidence of creation or origins, everyone returns to their own beliefs