The "SET IT AND FORGET IT" EA

I don’t have the presets done yet. If you want to use the origional presets you can, then just change the items below. I have not tested these yet so use with caution.

Smaller time frame
Based on using the H4 timeframe

Short = 5
Middle = 15
Long = 36
Short Timeframe = 120

If you are using a differrent timeframe on the chart use half of that timeframe for you short Time. Example H1 on chart = 30, 30m chart = 15

Use carefully, I don’t know yet if the Mode_MA will change will this new exit rule

i got lost here, lol …

the new presets represent what changes??? new exit rules, the offset problem??? i’m confused.

also … now we have another timeframe we are using… what for? is this for the new exit strat? if so… is it manual or auto? if its auto, how can we use it on the same correllating 4H we use for entry?? follow what i am saying?

i know you are working on the new EA, and trying to keep it as simple as possible… but, if we can get it right…all they have to do is load it, hehe.

the 4H time frame seems to have the most accurate directional consistency …so, i would like to be able to work with that… and find an “auto exit” formula within that same timeframe…i.e. the first target and ability to carry the second contract.

as far as new people trading on smaller accounts… that is fine…at that point, assuming we can nail this thing, they will just cut their lot sizes in half to accomodate the new 2 lot entry instead of the original 1.

remember …greed kills … so, trade LOW LEVERAGE in regards to your account size. better to consistently grow the account by grinding out profits, than it is to go for the kill…and get blown up. cuz then…you are out of the game.

brian

I think we are heading in the right direction, lets keep up the good work.

i found the same thing…i killed it the first couple of days, but then it strating falling off last night…

but again … alot of that, i think, can be tied into the fact that no one single strategy works in ALL markets/timeframes. main problem i had, was the strat was much more “alert” to market movements, and get me back in the other direction with minimal (less than 30 pips) dd, while on others…i was taking a couple hundred pips worth of DD (unacceptable)…so, i eliminated those markets completely at this juncture.

thus, at this point, in working with riggs, is create better internal money management…and only apply the strat to the most optimal markets.

i have it narrowed down to 7 markets now…and to be frank, dont think it will continue optimally on all of those. so … testing continues.

bottomline…i/we try to find the optimal strat for a particular market. if it comes down to it only working on one, then so be it.

at the same…we should be able to, hopefully, continue tweaking parameters on a market by market basis…so that the underlying strategy itself WILL work on more markets.

brian

p.s. rob … sent you an email

okay … i think i understand…call me “slow”, lol …

so, the new presets only represent the modified mode_MA settings, which will, when changed, offer a different/new “exit parameter”… and i correct?

i did notice that the original set the mode_ma setting is 0.0. thus, the reverse, could be entirely different from market to market…simply due to that particular markets “volatility factors”…thus, the indicator reacts much more slowly… no??

also … does it still have “reversing issues” whne “add-ons” have been made…or is that corrected??

brian

okay, i went to re-unstall everything on demo, and keep getting an X in the upper right hand corner whree the smiley face should…

and ideas???

[B]I think you are light years ahead of me as far as this EA goes, I think between the two of us we can tweak this to work really well. I have another EA I am testing right now, when I get a few more bugs worked out, and with help from you we can start a new thread on that one.[/B]

The modified one is running fine for me. Do you have the “Expert Advisor” tab clicked at the top?

How about in the common tab, is it checked to allow live trading?

In the options menu at the top is Allow live trading checked?

Let me know what you find out.
Rob
I emailed you back

yeah … i just got it.

needed to click EA on top dashboard…

when i reloaded new demo, it still had all my old settings, which i wanted, but didnt even think to check that.

my over-sight…jeez

Set the bong down and move away from your MetaTrader Brian.

Ha Ha

ssshhhh … you givin away my “supa secret” …lol.

jeezez…look at these nice big moves…

imagine the trades i MIGHT have on if i wouldnt have had my head up my ass for 2 hours trying to figure out “why it wont work” … beautiful …

oh well … rumor has it, the markets will still be open tomorrow

okay … boys ,

something a little bit strange here …

after i finally got everything up correctly again … and the big moves consolidated… i got 2 conflicting trades… but, i want to see how it plays out.

here’s what i’ve got…

all trades executed within a minute or so of eachother:
short gbp/chf @ 1.7719
short gbp/jpy @ 1.3425
long gbp/chf @ 1.7727
long gbp/chf @ 1.3436

interesting note … is, the 2 short positions are under the “take profit parameters”

the 2 longs , are NOT …
thats the only difference…one strat (the shorts) have a PT, the longs do not…

lets see how it plays out … will let you know upon next execution of trades…

brian

quick update …as i am heading to bed …london is quieting down, so will i …

closed trades…

short gbp/chf +6 pips (trade with PT)
long eur/jy +100 pips

open positions:
sell gbp/jpy-3 (PT)
buy gbp/jpy +5
buy gbp/chf -8
sell gbp/chf +1 (new PT trade initiated after the other closed)

closed equity +135
open equity -10

looks like new parameters MIGHT be working …

we’ll see …

update you tomorrow as all these are “automated strategies”…no need for me to babysit … i’m goin to bed, girls …

nite nite,

brian

recap:

as you know … i re-installed indicators on new demo yesterday, just to start fresh forward-testing… using both the PT (profit target) parameter and the full reversal parameter (2 separate charts)…AND only on the 7 markets that have appeared to be “optimal” for this strategy.

posted last nights positions.

as of close today … closed equity of approx. 140 pips, open equity -13 pips. the largest DD that i have seen is about 35 pips or so, that is a cumulative number of all open positions. not bad at all …

one problem though … in that 140+ in closed trades, 2 were on the gbp/chf (PT strat) sells. 2 winning trades of 6 pips or so. the problem, is that they BOTH should have hit their 80 pip targets. meta shows the both targets hit (by highlighting that area) but, only 6 pips were booked on each. so, something is not being read correctly…as they both had 80 pip PT, and they both closed out only +6… not sure on this one. all i can do at this point is change the PT setting in the parameteters, and see if it mis-reads it again on next trades.

otherwise…i think its a good start, booking some winners and keeping DD and equity swing minimal at this juncture. as of now, other than minor tweaks to fix problems like that, and maybe tweaking PT’s abit here and there…i’m not going to mess with this anymore … just gonna let it run for awhile and accumulate some data for us to work with…

as they … grip it, and rip it !!!

have a good weekend all …

b

So the modified version seems to be working. What short timeframe are you using? Maybe if you changed that it would of stayed in the trades longer. Have a great weekend.

no … not using the newer modified versions as yet. like what i saw from the others, so figured i would let it play for awhile…

thats why i am really confused as to why the PT wasnt picked up…i’m still using the 4H timeframe, and on both trades, the full 80 PT would have happened within the same bar as entry …weird…

Riggsrepair, first of all thanks for sharing the EA, I was reading the thread and I am a little bit confused, please could you tell me the pairs that the EA is trading? I think they are 7(USDFCHF, GBPUSD, EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCAD, GBPJPY and CHFJPY), but I am not sure, also I would like to know if the last EA version is the one that you’ve attached in your first post. Thanks in advance!

How’s the performance of this EA on real trading accounts?

Anyone tried yet?

[QUOTE=Ichigo;81024]How’s the performance of this EA on real trading accounts?

Anyone tried yet?

Yeah, some real good results. Read all the posts to catch you up to date.