The "SET IT AND FORGET IT" EA

Riggs,

Are you still getting good results on the 4H?? Anything new with this EA? TIA!

[quote=“bnbb2004,post:81,topic:18077”]

Still working good for me. I havent had time to work on it so I am only running it on a couple pairs. While I am away from the computer I run my
WSS943Pyramid EA. I dont have to watch that and its made me over $200 USD since yesterday morning trading mini’s. When I get more time I will figure out the best settings for this EA and post.

[quote=“riggsrepair,post:82,topic:18077”]

That’s great!! Please keep us posted on the Pyramid EA!! :wink:

Thanks,

Nicky

Riggs,

I run this EA on my demo account 3 days ago however I didn’t see any trades made…I don’t know if i set it up correct…Is there anything I need to change before it run? I’ll appreciate your help…thank you!

Really interesting thread to read but Im fairly new to all this and with all the terms and things flying around it does get a little confusing sometimes.

Can we have a general update on things so far? Are the files attached the ones to go with? and I’m now intrigued about the Pyramid EA !!

:slight_smile:

hi,
i am new to the forum,i just loaded the EA ,it seems ii is not working on my platform instead of the smile icon
:slight_smile: it is giving me a multiplication(*) icon.can u pls tell me how to correct it.thanks.

Can yall give us an update? Do you still use this EA? Did you finally get it tweaked? Im experimenting with it right now and getting less than impressive results, so I would definately appreciate some more input. Thanks!

Hello to all,
Happy Holidays. I havent been on much due to X-mas and New years but wanted to give an update on this EA. I think with some time this could work out to be a nice program but I just cant spend the time to do this. I found another EA that I will start a new thread on. It has low drawdowns and seems to be working out nice. As far as this one I have had really good luck with it. The drawdown is pretty harsh though, the modified ea with updated SL seems okay but it produces more losing trades. Check out my new thread, its called “GodsGift”. I didnt write the program but it shows some great promise. Thanks to all for the response on this thread.

Riggs

Riggs are you shutting this one down?

I just installed and loaded all the sets on my fxdd demo, and will let you know what happens. Although what do you mean by draw down?

If the program wasn’t performing as good as it was before it could have easily been the crappy market conditions we had in December. Anyways all the best, and I’ll keep in touch.

hey riggs,

i’m still running the original ea…but have modified the stop and trailing stop parameters…seems to be running much smoother now, without all the huge equity swings. will keep you updated.

btw … where is this “godsgift” ea you were talking about, i dont see a thread on here under that…??

brian

Hi all-

New to babypips, I like what I see so far!

I read through this thread several times. I have installed the EA on MT4 (on a $5K demo account on IBFX) and set it up per instructions.

I have had it running for a few days and … exactly 0 trades so far. I have verified that “Allow Live Trading” is enabled in each H4 window (trading eur/usd, gbp/usd, usd/jpy, usd/chf, and usd/cad).

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!!

Dave

Ok, I checked it again today, and it opened a trade last night on the usd/jpy pair, and closed it today for a profit of $3.40.

Dave

Any updates on the Pyramid EA?

Hello Everyone,

I am so sorry that I have not been keeping up with this thread. I have a company that gets really busy during the winter. I want to take a minute to update everyone on this thread and to let everyone know what EA’s I am using.

[B]Set it and Forget it EA[/B]

I am not currently using this EA or the Pyramid EA at this time. The Pyramid EA is good but I am trying to find an EA that will be no cost to anyone and turn a decent profit. Brian and I (Brian is the post above) spent a lot of hours tweaking this and I have decided that I just can’t get the drawdown under control. If I used the modified version I found that it took less trades and many more losses. While testing that I came across the GodsGift EA that I tried for awhile. It seems promising but I didn’t have time for it.

I am using an EA now that is probably the best I have found. It has the same name as a commercial EA that costs $1,000 USD. I will start a new thread tonight with that EA. I am funding another live account this week to for this EA. I am [B]VERY[/B] confident that this is the EA that you can let run without babysitting it or worrying about your account blowing up. Please look for this thread by tonight or tommorow morning.

So in conclusion I want to thank all the people who have helped with this EA. A special thanks to bnbb2004 & bcmfftrader for all their help. I look forward to hearing all your success stories in my new thread.

Happy Trading,

Riggs

Looking forward to it! Thanks so much for your hardwork, Riggs and Brian! :slight_smile:

I echo that sentiment … thanks for your hard work, guys … it is GREATLY appreciated!!!

Hey riggs, please update if you guys have perfected the EA okey?

Thanks.

riggs,

let me know what you got going…more than willing to help if i can.

in regards to the 3ma EA … still running it. was really nice coming into the new year…but then got caught on all the wrong sides about 6 days ago. like i told you before, i am running the EA twice on same pairs…one has stops and targets, the other just 100 pip stops/trailing stops-no targets.

caught those nice big moves at first of year, trailing stops worked great.

weird thing, though … they all got caught deep on the wrong side after that. not at any cross-over, but would attempt to buy/sell somehwere deep into a big move, well after any cross-over… almost like it was looking for some type of fibo support/resistance…really weird. all losers of course…limited by the stops, but gave most all previous profits back.

will keep it running as is for now…i do think i/we can make it work, eventually … got some good qualities…just needs to be tweaked more.

we’ll see … i keep everyone up to speed as it runs.

am also testing some type of IB (inside bar) EA i picked up somewhere awhile back. back tested over the last 2 years its only about break-even…but over the last 7 months its up over 50%, and thats trading at only a 1:1 leverage. working on find a correlation between market dynamics during that timespan (last 7 months) and previous, other than extreme volatility of course, to see why such a dramatic difference. will keep you up to speed on this as well…

again …riggs …
take care-talk soon,

brian

Is this thread dead?

I am newbies been reading forex on internet especially babypips for about 2 months now. Thanks for BabyPips.com for such a wonderful site.

I have been trying many indicators, several EA’s and now trying to get into Neural Networks, but I would say this “Three Moving Averages” is the one working so far.
Believe it or not, for the past 24 hours since I started it on Demo account, it is creating $20,590.25 and still going now. Luck? Doubt it.

Few questions:

• How does the STOP works? I set it to TS_Step: value = 1, but it seems not to work well
  • Does anyone here notice the Lot Management is not working either. I set it to Lots: value = 0.1, but trades size vary from 0.10 1.00 1.10 1.40 1.50 1.60 1.70. This could be quite dangerous if run on real money.

Suggestion:

• It will be great if someone would fix this EA from the problems mentioned above
  • Modify the EA into more flexible EA, for example, switchable between 3 periods, availabilty to shut down one or two of any periods. Availability to set the Moving Average to exponential or simple for each period
  • Modify the logic to:
    LONG trigger: when price>short_period>medium_period>long_period, then, STOP when price<short_period, then only, either one of chosen SL/TP/TS/TS_Step/BE
    SHORT trigger: when price<short_period<meidum_period<long_period, then, STOP when price>short_period, then only, either one of chosen SL/TP/TS/TS_Step/BE
    NO TRADE when price and periods are overlapping.

Thank you everyone. Waiting for your opinions.

does this ea really work?
can it wrk on demo account?