The Skyplay System

the reason for that time is just because of the high volatility experienced during that time of the day

Hey guys, i have noticed that the coral indi that we are using to determine trend direction sometimes lags in changing the colour to show the real direction of the market resulting to missed entries and opportunities
as part of tweeking the system i have a suggestion. we can use the Supertrend indi, sorry i cannot post the indi here at the moment, but a quick search on google or other search engines should give you a link. we can replace the coral indi with supertrend indi and all the other indis and conditions remains the same. here is a shot from today showing the diff between the two indis. your views are highly appreciated

Awesome! will try with this one!

I have this indicator named as “Thierry RSI and CCI”… It`s the same as this new one you just added but guys… for some reason, is not allowng me to attach it to the post!

Well i think that to establish the main trend we can use a simple parabolic sar, instead of this pesky cakes.

is it must trade within the b. box? Can I trade without following the box/?

that now goes down to preference and choice shane. i said i personally feel that 1 hr prior to london open till 2pm gmt gives the best volatility for the day/ you can choose the trading hours that best suits you

what parameters do you suggest for the parabolic sar?

yes. I agree with Tommy. simple PSAR with default settings works well.

or

try this indicator “Thierry RSI and CCI” attached here.

Mo3ty_Thierry RSI and CCI.zip (6.73 KB)

Hi, great strategy. Did some back-testing of my own and would suggest 70% is a good estimate of success, will keep back-testing but for now seems ok (these are visual only). I’m strictly doing 1 trade per day and starting from 7am. If you try and look for multiple trades in a the day I think you can be a little prone to slipping up due to reversals as trading picks up during the day, so I think it’s good to start as early as possible, get the starting trend for the day and your +20 pips locked in, and quit until tomorrow.

Can I just double check what the logic behind the larger stop loss and smaller take profit? Would you advise against doing 20/20 for both? Just wondered if you had done a lot of testing and found this to be most profitable. If our losses are inevitable due to harsh market reversals etc I’d probably rather get out at 20 pips and save my cash, as in the long run you’re denting your compounding a fair amount by having that slightly larger SL. It’s not major though so if there’s good reason I see no point in changing it.

I had a nice early +20 today on the short this morning, I’ve been using the SuperTrend nrp mtf which I’ve found better than the Coral that was originally posted. The only issue with the 1 hour trends is that you can refresh during the hour and find that they change from bull to bear, so there’s an element of re-painting, but I felt that the short was too strong to ignore as it went through a support level, and at the time of refreshing my SuperTrend for the hour was red :stuck_out_tongue:

Here was the trade I took:

I’m using simple PSAR with default settings and works well Pipsflow. Also i think i’ve got some problems with the time frame box indicator. I think i’ll do this manually according to the Opening/Close of stock markets.
Btw, i think that this is a really nice system.
Double checking the main trend and seek for entries on a low following the Cowabunga style is a great idea.
Also i’ll stay out from news/rates events and ranging markets, even inside the box, because i think that breakouts systems like this are really bad on quite/ranging markets, and the OP idea to add the “volatility boxes” can help the newbie to avoid quiet market hours. But even if you’re on the box you need to evaluate yourself if the market is tradable with this system.
As on the money management side, IMHO a fixed stop is great, helps a lot to avoid drowdowns and maintain a healty account. The fixed tp, btw, IMHO needs some breakeven reposition strategy with a trailing stop; so you can take advantages from the big moves.

Sorry for my rubbish english

Congrats Pipsflowfx on putting up an attractive system and winning Robopip’s comp.

Just wanted to point out a minor typo on your page 1 post (a good page to get right) - in the Shorting section:

I presume you meant to say “EMA20 LOW” rather than “HIGH”.

Good work. I’m looking forward to backtesting it and trying it out.

thanks

Another suggestion for determining the overall trend direction, is to simply adjust the period used in the original Coral indicator. By changing the period of the Coral from its default 55 to, say 21, we get a Coral that is quite sensitive in reacting to trend changes promptly. In responsiveness it is similar, and maybe more sensitive than the PSAR and SuperTrend suggested on page 5 of this thread.

just a suggestion.

yeah buddy that was a typo. Corrected, thanks. :stuck_out_tongue:

thankyou for the suggestion peterbee. Lets try using that and see the results. Keep em suggestions coming guys

Hi Pipsflo,

can I ask what you do at the right-hand side of the chart? As Sawell commented in post #49, the Coral (or any other indi) might repaint while the current hourly bar is incomplete.

Do you use the trend of the last [B]completed[/B] candle? Or do you go by the trend of the current, but [B]incomplete[/B], candle?

If the latter, and the current hour’s trend finishes differently to how it was when you entered, do you exit immediately?

Or do you use some other information to guide your decision on how to enter - long or short?

Sorry for my too many questions. But the answers will affect how well the strategy will perform in real life, as distinct to how good it might look in backtesting. In hindsight the hourly trend is always clear, but it is not quite so clear when looking forward, in real time.

I look forward to your suggestions. Cheers,
Peter

Im having the same doubt as you. I did tried on the first imcompleted candles when the trend line showed uptrend, but I feel we shouldn’t trade by using the first incompleted candles. Because the trend might have the possibilities to go neutral after that and will cause some reversal and lose trade.

the coral give the [B]Overall[/B] trend and we go (long or short) in relation to the completed bars that show we are in either up or downtrend. Incase the coral changes direction in the middle of a trade (the incomplete bar) really there is nothing much we can do since we all anticipated the initial move to go on. I keep it that simple

-25 Pips today, unfortunately there were a couple of short entries (I jumped on the first, but it wouldn’t have mattered) that got killed with the uncertain direction today. Not to worry, losses are part of the process. Hopefully tomorrow there will be a clearer trend that we can profit from.

Today -40 pips for me.
EUR/USD @1.30704 at 11.06 (server time GMT+2)
GBP/USD @1.53206 at 11.16 (server time GMT+2)

Do you agree with my entries? Or there’s something wrong?

Now, I played a 10pip TP and hit it 3 times with Eur/USD, GBP/USD and Gbp/eur.