The Trader's Arms 2nd Floor

just got took in short (9:08am) @ 1-32177 on break on 8-9am candle looking for 1-32077, stop 1-32368.

Will try to update when trade closes.

this is NOT on Oanda or Myfxbook, can’t work the bloody things

Lost the second trade for -19

are you using mt4 to place your trades?

HoG, my question is why take this second trade?

The black lines are the Asia high/low, (also the grey box)
the khaki box are the two action candles, 8am & 9am London.

The 7am candle we ignore, so the 8am candle is a continuation long,
in we get 10 pips gracias & out.

Now for a short trade we need to see the bottom line at 1.3180 broken,
or have I misread the system.

I just saw this Yunny, thank you for posting. The cartoons are really cool. I’m expecting that if / when I make the leap to doing this profssionally, it will be very stressful. One thing I think I can do is be honest with myself (and I like crtique from others if it’s well meaning like yours is; plus I do have tremendous respect for your trading skills.) I wanted to be ready by April to be a professional trader, but I’m not close yet. The ability lives within me (as it does with anyone who wants it enough), but even with my wife working full time, and the fact that I would be able to take care of my young daughter working from home, I will not be ready next month. For the moment, I’m puting the timeline on hold, and am just going to focus on the learning, the trading and the risk management. I will get there in time… You’ll be there much sooner, but eventually I will join the ranks of the professional.

Not a live trade, so I guess you have to take my word on this one :smiley:

Same strategy, the 5 min chart is only to show the entry and TP, the analysis was made in the weekly chart and 1 hour chart ( to refine the entry )

Thanks for sharing Yunny. I am a big fan of your approach and have stored all of the charts you’ve shared on my hard disk lol.

I took the same EURUSD trade as you based on H4 and H1 analysis.

(http://forums.babypips.com/show-me-money-swing-trading/51385-currency-matchmaking-hell-3.html#post462876)

This morning’s break of the 7-8am candle (long) worked for +10.

Hi DD

The reason for taking the trade is simple my friend. I’m not following an ICT LO system. I’m simply just testing the break of the 7-8am candle and the break of the 8-9am candle, in whichever direction they break.

Granted though the idea did come from reading about that ICT system.

In live trading I wouldn’t have taken that trade as at the time the pa was screaming long. But I’m only testing the breaks of candles.

8-9am candle breaks set for 1-3094 (long)…1-3048 (short). Looking for +10 from either.

Jason Rogers of FXCM very kindly set up a demo fxcm account for me with a starting balance of £1000. I will work out later tonight how to link it to myfxbook.

Second trade filled long and closed for +10.

+10 for the week so far then

I seem to be doing quite well with the post count for a guy who said he wasn’t going to post again for a while, but since I’m at work right now and unable to study anyway, I thought I would add this observation.

While the break of those particular candles may not be the most scientific method in the world, even though statistically so far it looks as though it gains more than it looses over the long run, one advantage that it does have is that it makes hou watch how price behaves.

Now what I am lokking at, along the same lines as the hourly breaks, is the break of the DAILY candles. If you look at a daily chart you’ll see that in comparative terms, a daily candles range will be broken in one direction (not the group, who incidentally are whipping the under 10’s of Glasgow into a frenzy this week) on far more occassions than it gets broken in both directions (which really ought to be the name of the bi-sexual rivals to One Direction ----Both Directions…anyway, I digress)

Now I haven’t back tested anything about the daily range breaks, but purely from looking at the charts, trading ghe daily breaks seems to offer a better win rate, better chance of getting you 10 pips on a daily break and a better overall view of whether to let the trade run or close after your 10 or 15 pips.

Now this startling revelation may not exactly be anything new to leople who do already trade, but I thought it may be worth mentioning to anyone who may be relatively new.

Remember though,you’d need to refine how to place your stops a bit better on the daily candles

Quite understand HoG, my bad sorry I got confused reading TonyMand, dpip etc, with
their Asian Hi/Lo breakouts. After I made the post I realised my mistake. :doh: Old age is
a bummer.

This is actually really clever. Not the One Direction joke which is also pretty good, but I wonder what the average pip penetration is once the current day breaks through the prior day. This could be a really good strategy in all seriousness. Am having lunch looking at Netdania and I can see a lot of possibilities, where the smaller pip hauls are like 20-30 pips.

Service with a smile my friend :smiley:

ok, i’ll give this a go.

HoG’s Demo Account

This is another link to a myfxbook account. I couldn’t work out why the Oanda one wasn’t working so I asked Jason Rogers, (resident fxcm helper on BP) to set up a demo account with a starting balance of £1000. FXCM is my trading platform and I’m comfortable using it so it makes sense to use it for this.

As I said, starting balance was £1000, you’ll notice that the current balance is £1029.80. This is because it’s also showing the gains from this morning’s hourly candle breaks.

It ISN’T showing yesterday’s loss, which was won first trade for +10, lost second trade for -19. So effectively this will be the first day of data shown.

What I’m also going to do, WITHOUT doing any previous research at this stage, is at the end of each day I’ll enter a long order at the top of the previous day’s candle, and a short entry at the bottom of the previous days candle. I’ll be targeting 20 pips from these daily break trades.

I’ll need to come up with a plan for the placing of the stop loss, which for now will be placed at the opposite end of the entry candle.

I’ll be trading 20k lots, which with this account makes each pip worth £1.32 for the EUR/USD. I will ONLY be trading the EUR/USD pair.

There will be no scaling in or out, just simply win or lose for the full amount.

If this doesn’t work I will give up on myfxbook for the rest of my life.

At the end of trading tonight I will post my EOD trade just so anyone can get the idea of how the trade works. If we have an inside trading day, the trade order will remain in place until it does get filled.

Sadly as a married fellow, I’m accustomed to neither.

Service, smiles or friends???

Sorry to interrupt, but something happened last night that made me laugh, though it will only be understood by people from Britain over a certain age.

My wife has shown a passing interest in Forex, so I was showing her a few charts last night. “Look,” I explained, “This one has just made a lower low.”

Without batting an eyelid she said: “Good mowning.”

Sorry, back to normal service…

Did you listen very carefully?? And did she say it only once???

I figured that my on-line persona had already made it clear that I was unacustomed to having friends, I was refering to the first two…