The Trader's Arms 2nd Floor

Great convo traders,

and,

top of the morning to ya, lets have a great Friday to end the week,

Great Profits to all,

You too! Speaking of great Fridays, my EUR/CAD Short, EUR/AUD Short and AUD/CHF Long are all looking nice. We just won’t mention my AUD/CAD Short lol.

Happy friday to everyone aswell. I kind of have mixed feelings about today. My AU is presenting what appears to be a nice setup to get short but its Friday and I think I will sit it out. Hope I can catch it Monday/Sunday.

Its going to be a long weekend. I was supposed to be going out on the boat fishing this weekend but my car decided to kick the fuel pump out of it last night. So looks like I will be trading the fishing pole for a wrench while I pull off a gas tank to change it. I tried to call the shop for them to do it and me go fishing but when they told me how much it was going to cost I asked them if the fuel pump came with a new car attached to it lol. Well maybe if all goes well tonight I might get it done and still get that fishing trip in. The weatherman predicted rain all weekend so one can expect a beautiful weekend weather wise.

classic comeback,

Best of luck to you Bob, and be safe, chuck the tires, and SAVE THAT MONEY, lol,

Day done, goal 20 pips

Took short at my S1-

Thanks guys! Those responses really helped. Yes sorry, there was more than a whiff of self-pity about my post. A quality I wholly dislike in others… ouch! :slight_smile: A hard hilly 45 mile bike ride this morning helped shake that off. My computer said max speed 46.7mph. Crikey!

Nothing catastrophic by the way. I just managed to wipe out a good chunk of the profits I had slowly, patiently and painstakingly built up. Systems are sound. Just my applicaiton of them (usual stuff) was to ****, plus not responding quickly enough when market structure changed.

Anyway back in the bunker. Lid tightly shut. Focus. MT4 timeframe buttons removed for all lower than 4hrs. Demo account up 1.5% this week, largely thanks to getting in on pullbacks of USDCAD and AUSNZD. That’s a bit more like it.

We still on support/resistance? I spent quite a bit of time studying Sam Seiden’s supply/demand techniques. (Don’t want to get into a discussion re terminology or whether it’s just supply/resistance under another name… this isn’t the place.) Although 90%+ of my trading is trend following, I do keep an eye open for possible reversal set ups on the longer timeframes. I’m always looking for price to be at the ‘outer edge of the curve’ though. Real ‘jump off the chart and grab you by the goolies’ kind of setups. Anything that says ‘mmm it might be I guess’ is discarded.

At the moment I’ve got a resistance zone marked on NZDUSD between 0.8375 and 0.8405. Just keeping an eye open to see if price grinds up to that level and triggers a short.

Good move SIR!

What about this current resistance zone from March/April that’s been in play for the past 6 sessions around here at 0.8250-90?

Regards your lower timeframe exclusion – I think you’ll find it’s less to do with the fault of the tools, & more the understanding, application & implementation of the craftsman.

OK, im really done now for the day, lol, couldnt resist.

18-0

65 pips

Have a great weekend everyone

This is my scalping, Today was a great day, but still in testing and certain entry permissions. Almost there.

7.9% increase,

AND this is from my weekly S/R,

33% balance increase

Zut alors !! En garde !!

se réveiller & sentir le café :slight_smile:

Fact remains providing you’re confident in your approach & of course you know what you’re doing, there’s nothing negative or counterproductive in utilizing shorter timeframes.
Most of the reluctance to incorporate certain elements of technical trading stems from a total lack of understanding, ignorance and fear. And that is a quality training and/or psychological issue.

And if you’re intending to trade NZDUSD via support & resistance then why would you overlook (or not include) this current area of previous supply first before turning attention to the possible upside channel?
It’s sitting right here in front of you waving a big white hankie.

Welcome to NEWBIE ISLAND Thaila. Always good to have the encouragement of an expert. And I don’t like coffee, I’m a tea man myself.

I have always (& continue to) used my initiative & common sense. Thankfully I was also encouraged to nurture an open & inquisitive mind, especially as far as this business is concerned. If that’s the definition of an expert, I’ll take it.
Thanks!

If more folks on these boards brought those 3 traits to the table they’d be far less financial & psychological chaos & drama spilling all over this forum.

Using your initiative was trait number 1
Nurturing an open mind was trait number 2

…What was the 3rd trait again? I must have missed it in amongst all the “I’m so fantastic and you lot are just sh*t” stuff you were saying.

People come to these forums to learn, they are BEGINNERS. Of course there will be some drama here, people learn, they make mistakes, they try again, it’s what makes us all human. Personally I love talking to the people in here and sharing our respective learning curves.

And let’s be totally honest with each other here, if it wasn’t for the beginner’s, who turn up at these forum sites, flaws and all, what kind of people would fill these pages??

No wait, on second thought, don’t answer that, I think I’ve just guessed the answer

HOG,

I think the second item was common sense.

Actually you should ask Thalia for advice on how to improve your trading. I’d bet he/she could send you in the right direction. :wink:

PS don’t get sassy and look a gift horse in the mouth, ask it for help!

Ok, it’s been a long day and yes, I may just be being a tad more “touchy” than normal, so my apologies are offered. But I’ll let it go with this D-Pip:

First up -

[B][U] Thalia[/U][/B] (Θαλία / Thalía, “Abundance”) was one of the three Graces or Charites with her sisters Aglaea and Euphrosyne. They were the daughters of Zeus and either the Oceanid Eurynome or Eunomia, goddess of good order and lawful conduct. Thalia was the goddess of festivity and rich banquets. The Greek word thalia is an adjectival term used to describe banquets as rich, plentiful, luxuriant and abundant.[1] [B]Source; Wikipedia[/B]

I’m going for Thalia being a ‘she’. That would be me using my [B][U]‘initiative’.[/U][/B]

[B][U]Second;[/U][/B]

I have no doubt that the positive input of a trader with Thalia’s experience WOULD be of great benefit to a beginner like me in trying to improve my own trading skills. That would be me using my [B][U]‘common sense’[/U][/B]

[B][U]Third[/U][/B]

I have come to Babypips to LEARN, because like many other people I don’t know how to trade successfully yet, hopefully in the pleasant company of experienced and inexperienced traders alike. That would be me using my ‘[B][U]inquisitive mind’[/U][/B]

[B][U]Fourth[/U][/B] (What? can’t be, there was only supposed to be three)

I’m willing to believe, that regardless of her trading prowess, Thalia isn’t really as obnoxious as her first two posts on this thread made her out to be. That would be me using my [B][U]‘open mind’[/U][/B]

Gift horse or not, I only have time to worship one God.

The Home of Golf,
The clue of Thalia’s username lies in the avatar.
If you go down that route it will lead you to Larry McMurtry. I’m pretty sure if you scratch that surface you’ll discover that’s where it hails from.

Banker928,
A zone of 40 pips (& in some instances, slightly more) is very much an acceptable channel of support & resistance.
Orders from both sides are usually tiered into & out of active areas of previous supply & demand.

Thalia,
Do you make or [U]take[/U] the money
Or is it a combination of both??

And the initiative prize for wk ending 9/23 goes to…laine!

lol
I better not stand too close to you or I’m liable to cut myself to shreds.
BGC.