The Trader's Arms - Now Open for Business

EUR/USD long from 1.3001… Locked in for +40 and letting this bad boy ride…

Hey HOG and gang

Haven’t been around for a while but again, been following the thread silently…

Started to get more involved in trading myself finally, feels good to be trading instead of stuck in the theory, hoping to learn more with the practical side of trading…

I like your idea of just starting from $50 again. It did you well to begin with and put you in the correct mindset. I think back to your ‘survival mode’ thinking will serve you well and do your MM some good… I’m at the start of my roller coaster trading career now… Looking forward to the ride!

I’ll be sure to become a more active poster myself now that i’m actually in the game…

As i remember from the old thread, you said you watched your trades on your iPhone, did you use a specific one or was it just your brokers app?

Good luck to everybody trading…

SanJ

Got lucky here, my SL was at 1.2960 just below next important support, fortunately :stuck_out_tongue: price bounced hard from 1.2980 where I had another buy limit order :slight_smile: now I have closed the two trades at 1.3106… 162 pips courtesy of greece’ rumors

Now my bias is neutral so i will go only for 20 to 60 pips per trade.

I don’t think it was luck… you’re damn good trader!

not to put down anyone else here on bp but I think you’re one of the best around here!

I’m jealous…

Thank you for your words, but at least in my 1.3070 trade I was a bit lucky… actually once price moved below 1.3030, I started to look for any bounce to the upside to close it even at a loss… I almost closed the trade manually :56: but then price move up fast

Here is my original plan for the trade…

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j449/yunny11/eurusd45.png

Nice one Yunny… I didn’t go long until 3017 off the 4h. :33:

Was long gold from 1710 myself. But exited too early. Way too early. Had hit my weekly target and closed the trade but could’ve added another 1% if I’d just been patient and fought the urge to close better.

As for E/U tomorrow I think I’ll be looking to go long. A pullback to 1.3080 or thereabouts would have me interested but I’d be looking to see what Greek nonsense is floating about. If I do go long hopefully Scheuble will be kept away from a microphone. That git has knocked me out of longs before.

I don’t know about you guys but for me, taking profits have been always the hardest part about trading…:33:

Entered long early this morning at around 7am at 1.3116. When it pulled back after the LO and demand showed up again I added to the entry at 1.3125. Sitting at around +12 but not particularly liking the look of it at the moment. Sounds like more wobbles coming out of Greece. EZ equities are doing ok and risk seems to be on but E/U isn’t heading up just yet it seems. Time to work on that patience… :wink:

Closed out for +33 after the selling pressure around 1.3170 became too much. Could have gotten more but could’ve gotten nothing too if I’d held on to now so I’ll settle for that.

Hey yunny1. Its been bugging me for some time. What does that comic as your avatar say? I’m pretty sure it looks like a trader sitting at his desk, but the type is just a little to small for my eyes. I always go buggy eyed trying to read it and just figured I would finally ask and ease my mind.

:smiley: I have some more, I will upload them later…

Haha thats great! My desk looks just like that coffee cups and all. Minus the cobwebs of course.

Can’t wait for more.

Closed long at 3160. I remain to be convinced PA will continue significantly above the 100 ma and high 20 & 34 ma on the 4h… doesn’t seem too keen at present?

Only managed +10 from today’s long… Became an eager beaver to lock in the profit and ended up suffocating my trade… Came down to stop me out and then went back up, lost out on another +50 pips…

Been to busy at work to get back in…

Yes, I think eventually price will test 1.3335, where Monthly R1 and the break level from 12/12/2011 reside

any gain in friday trading is good, today I been away from the screens, I missed a short entry at 1.3190… that could have been good for 10 to 20 pips… so I guess no trading for me today

more funny pics :smiley:

Ah that short would have served you well - should you have got in…
But i guess cant keep concentrating on the 'should of, could of, could of…'
Its actually getting really addictive watching the charts and knowing the prices… Being busy at work really frustrates me when i can’t check how my trade is doing… Ah, life sucks when work is just ‘in the way’ eh? lol

LOL… awesome!

SanJ

Certainly looking that way at the moment. Missed the early pullback tonight so just going to wait until LO rolls around.

Guess we might get a deal announced on Monday though whatever the EZ cobble together as a “deal” will only be some pile of rubbish that will fall apart under closer inspection so not sure how much of a relief rally we’ll get. Think the ECB little bit of trickery to remove themselves from any collective action clauses in the new Greek and sub-ordinate everybody else debt might start to have an impact unless they clarify it somehow.

At the moment I’d be looking to short around 1.33-3350 or go long at around 1.3180 but I’ll keeping an eye on the news as that’ll be driving price tomorrow I think.

Same plan for me, the thing that bothers me selling tomorrow is that is a US bank holiday, perfect opportunity to mark the price up and squeeze shorts.