The Trader's Arms - Now Open for Business

congratulations pipbandit! perfect timing

I still have my longs in fiber and aussie running, hope michigan data gives another push up

first TP hit :slight_smile:

Did the Greeks collect all the loose change under their sofas and decided to pay their own debt?

No I think they looked under your sofa. Plenty of extra coin there :stuck_out_tongue:

I knew I seen dollar signs all over that entry. Beautiful setup. Price action dont get much better than that

I was going out on an errand so I only took very small lots. Came back three hours later and I was looking at 100 pips. Took it and now looking at it go up another 50. Real waste.

I am still in the aussie long… but now I think i am going to update my TP2…

A Hikkake formation in the Daily might be confirmed today at NY close:

Well it’s been a good fortnight for me, I’m risking 2% per trade purely because I’m using such a small account as that’s the least I can manage with an acceptable stop loss. I have managed to grab myself 235 pips since the beginning of the month which I am absolutely delighted with. More importantly, I am entering a trade with a positive expectation, letting the profits run, and keeping losses to my stops. If I get stopped out, it’s not the end of the world, it’s like being a telesales person and having someone put the phone down on you. (That’s the way I perceive it anyway!)

I’ve got a long way to go, my biggest challenge for the next year is to take the leap from running a £200 account to running a £33,000 account without the fear, and being tempted to take profits too early.

Have a great weekend everyone, I’m helping the third family this month from our village move house this weekend… clocking up the favours for our house move in 2 months time. Volunteers welcome :wink:

We stood in our new garden last weekend and a vintage de Havilland Vampire Jet buzzed the house 3 times… I’m gonna hate it there!

GG

Errr… has my computer frozen or has EU fallen asleep at the wheel today? Just checking LOL… all is forgiven Asian session!

LOL
I also thought the same about GU… I was actually swayed to see some upward movement in the price today, but today’s PA just kept me out of it… Just went short on the UJ…

On screen from 06:00 gmt as usual waiting for the leg up… begining to think it was not going to happen! LOL

Ouch, since 6am?! Sounds like a long day on the screen… At least there was a little movement towards the end - although i expected more, i was watching the GU more but decided to stay out all together.

Bagged 23 pips on my UJ short, and i wanted to get back in long on a fib bounce but my Oanda practice account disconnected me and i missed my entry on the trade…

Just to throw it out there, any traders here wear glasses? All the time i’ve given reading and watching charts in the last few months i think has started to take its toll on my eyes, getting pounding headaches and i dont think my vision is as sharp as it used to be :frowning:

Being old and decrepid I’m afraid I do. Here’s a tip… use a black background to your charts… cuts down glare which I imagine is your problem. :33:

Take screen breaks and don’t go without food / water as well while you’re poring over your charts. I know that pounding headache thing and it never happens to me in work where I work on a pc all day. Only happened to me when I was at home and spent too much time in front of the screen without a break or a bit of sustenance. Glare could be the other thing as R Carter pointed out above but this doesn’t affect me personally.

My charts came pre-set with a standard black background so and i haven’t ever changed it as i quite like it now, so don’t think this will be causing it - but thanks for the tip though…

Im also on my computer all day at work and looking at charts in my evenings, but for me i only ever get the pain randomly during my day when im not on the computer, its odd. Im quite the gym fanatic so my diet and fluid intake is generally quite good - the only think i can think off is to up my screen breaks which ill try from tomorrow - every 30mins or so to give my eyes a rest. Think ill book an eye test just to be sure…

Thanks for the help guys :slight_smile:

second TP hit, trade closed. Now I will look to buy around 1.3190 with possible target at 1.3420

Resistance at these levels are getting tougher

Sounds like a long day on the screen

Back short on the aussie @ 1.0613 61.8% retrace on the 4 hr, mid pivot, plus looking like price just ran the stops resting above the 1.0600 level forming a hammer. I tried to get in at the 50% retracement of the hammers wick but was a little late on my entry. Stop has already been moved to BE

First TP hit 50% off. Stop still at BE untill I see a better place to put it (not happened yet). Leaving the rest run to see just how far it will go. Would like to see 1.0400 but that is a ways away. Was going to wake up for LO but I think I will skip it and get some sleep. Since I risked 2% on a 30 pip SL. Took half at 60 pips. That gives me 2% and a free trade. No need to push it tonight. The week is still young.

Tough call on EU & GU for tomorrow… I’m leaning towards south, given that Asian predictably is testing the high. We’ll see.

If I could stay awake lol… I’d probably be looking to get in short around 5875 on GU and 3241 on EU for a day trade. But as I can’t I’ll look see 06:00 gmt. :stuck_out_tongue:

Right now I can not figure out any direction for EU. The best is to wait and see :19: