The Trader's Arms - Now Open for Business

Looks to be topped out? Agreed, I’ve no option but to let Asain play out and pick it up early pre Frankfurt/ London.

Hehe… couldn’t resist… pending short placed at 3240.

I am still in my short from monday but price sure has stalled at the 1.0500 area. I am not worried if it stops me cool. 4hr is forming a bear flag (or bear trap lol) we will see. Either way I am done for the week. Good trading guys

Hang tough… thats the stops taken out… always darkest before the dawn! LOL

I am hanging as tight as I can I see the aussie going up to run stops does it have mine in its sights? Thats the million dollar question. I had to go to facebook poker and babypips to keep from watching it. Has a way to go to my stops but there next in line lol.

I will edit this instead of posting a new post.

Rcarter I see you must have pulled out your shiny decoder ring lol. I was so close to cashing out but decided to take my mind off my trade and do something else (facebook poker lol). After all my stop was in place and was where I wanted it. Price came so so close and now looks like patience pays. Price did not help my SL with that swing but I am going to bed. No matter what happens it really dont matter anyway. Here are a couple charts to see
4hr

1hr

Price did run stops at the 1.0500 but thats not where mine where

My entry to the GU this morning was a little off (1.59) and i got stopped out more or less to the pip at the jump at LO… Got back in and shorted 1.5909 as i was pretty sure it was going to drop, and there she blows!.. Closed off 1/3 at +55 pips and locked BE +1…

I wish! The reason I’m still (lol) thinking EU may have topped out is looking to the Fib retrace pivot on the weekly, were past 1.27 and on the daily 1.27 is 3272. So all in all… I’d consider that pretty OB!

I’ve made a mistake so that you don’t have to!

I have been running an XP virtual machine on my mac to be able to use MT4. The XP machine seemed not to like the latest version of VMWare Fusion, so I finally stumped up the cash for Windows 7.

My disc arrived a couple of days ago, so I set about installing a new VM and getting it all updated and virus protected. Finally I installed MT4 and got my templates just the way I like them.

Last night I was browsing the charts and put orders in for a couple of trades (it matters not what they were), as it happens both got executed, and both got stopped out. Where is the problem in that you might ask? With correct risk management, anyone can survive a couple or more loosing trades.

What I didn’t do was to change my default amount per pip (It’s an Alpari Spread Betting account) from the standard £1/pip, back to my usual 10p/pip.

The result? I have wiped a 1/3rd off my account in one evening.

Here endeth the lesson!

You have my sympathy… couple of months ago I had the charts up but consul minimised with click and confirm trade entry set up. So I felt confident enough to let one of my younger kids play ‘Miniclip’ on a spare monitor. Yep he opened a ten times normal size lot trade! Several hours passed before I picked up on it already well into minus figures. That was a full on day and a half of juggling trades to get out of that hole. Should be a whole section on the perils of software and kids around trading in the ‘school’. :15:

Thanks, I feel like a complete muppet though!

Got back into it again today and resisted the temptation to just ‘top up’ my account! I wouldn’t exactly be able to do that with a ‘full size’ account! Went short on USDJPY this morning around 7:30 GMT, then twice further during pullbacks of the day. Now have three separate positions all at least at break even on what could be the start of a considerable down trend. Fingers crossed I can stay on for the ride!

GG

I also got in on this today, its looking to be a good swing i hope. I noticed the tweezer tops on the weekly chart line up nicely so ive got a position short as of today :slight_smile:

Some big action on the GU today!
I managed to squeeze out +70 pips, but looks like i missed another 50 pips or so - got stopped out with my TS too tight… But i’m up 2% today so im happy :slight_smile:

Hope everyone else got in on some of the action today !

Wanted to ask some of the more experienced ones here… Since it happened yet again today on the charts, are there any tell tell signs of a fake break out - or the judas swing as ICT seems to call it? I was lucky to not get trapped by it today, but just wanted to know if any one had any advise about how to know when it’s a fake out, or when its the real break?

To me it is a real breakout only when price tests the previous S/R level.

an image is better :slight_smile:

That is why I like to trade S/R tests on the same direction of the trend

Ah, seems like a very simple method, i like it :slight_smile:

I’ll keep eyes for this in the future… :33:

Thanks Yunny!

So just wanted to throw this in here, even though i know it won’t mean much to most already experienced traders on here… Today was quite an eye opener for me. I’ve still only been doing this for the last 5/6 months, but more recently, price movements are starting to seem so much less random…

Breaking down today’s movements on the GU…

Price breaks out of the Asian range from Friday action… Fake break out which tests Friday’s daily low, and then shoots back up… Then seeing the first sign of resistance at the Asian range high, then breaks up and continues where it next meets resistance at the weekly high, and then continued to pierce through that…

A few months ago, all of the movement above would have been ‘random’ to me…
It’s such a good feeling when i can start seeing the other side of the coin…

Its been a good day :slight_smile:

Happy Trading!

I know that the GU there but its giving me hopes my aussie is following suit so I can sgort it again. Hoping for a repeat of last week :cool:

I am thinking along the same lines. Been following GU since Sunday night open and caught the drop to daily low but missed out on the up as away from monitors on unrelated stuff. If you look to the daily TF GU and throw up a 2 ma high/ low you’ll notice there’s alot of space between the two with no appreciable angle (as say in 1st May through 7th May as an example). Given this I’m not going to wait out the Asian and have gone in at 5965 short. There might be higher to come but odds on over tomorrow there will be a correction.

this GU move up looks a bit overextended, but I am going to wait until 1.6040 area to go short

RC hope you get the correction… just watch out 1.5922… is the brand new support

Can i butt in and ask why u picked 1.6040 to wait for your short?

My biased for tomorrow was also short but wanted to wait to see what LO would bring in terms of PA… I had my next resistance area at around 1.599 - the monthly/yearly high… I had thought i’d see prices push to around there during LO and then continue short…

But just trying to welcome different opinions…

Yeah I see that but more I feel on the 4h TF (around the -0.27 fib piv. Daily fib piv off new daily open is 1.27 (6019), 1.0 (5972), 0.0 (5800) and -0.27 (5754). On that basis I figure a decent retrace from my entry @ 5965… could be wrong of course! LOL

Yes you are right 1.5991 is this year high, I expect resistance there.

I might miss the “short” boat… Here are my reasons to short around 1.6045

8H Chart

and may be banks will look to squeeze more shorts…