The Trader's Arms - Now Open for Business

Yunny1, I like that! Doesn’t cost anything to place a pending, if it gets triggered you’re good to go. NICE!

I think a retracement will happen in the Asia session, so I like your trade but i think the new support (1.5922) will hold for a while. :slight_smile:

I agree I am back short on my beloved Aussie. 4HR put me at the 62% retracement of the swing I got last week. Witch also just happens to be right on the daily mid pivot and a nice test of a trend line even though I dont trade trendlines (to subjective). Its nice to see. The was a pin bar I got in at the 50% level of the wick (as I just love to do) however price went to test the high of that pinbar. This made me a little nervous so I went out to check out a few places I might be looking to buy and move to soon (so I didnt drive myself nuts watching it). Came home and seen price so far has failed to take out the pin bar. Good since I only have a 30 pip stop. Ideally I would like to see the pair correct to the 1.07 range but I dont think I am going to get that anytime soon.

bobmaninc, what I don’t like about your trade is, if you are right my short @ 1.2729 in the EUR/AUD will be stop out at B/E :smiley:

lol Well either way with a little trade management we may both walk away with profit. Also I am not betting on the Aussie weakening but more the dollar strengthening. So your trade might be safe as well as mine but thats a long shot

Don’t beat yourself up guys we can afford to lose one this week! LOL!!! Yeah Yunny… didn’t look to the 8h… now I need another beer! :smiley: Nah… 8h always is too long on my trading to get an accurate entry. I’ll roll with what I’ve got… you can berate me tomorrow! :smiley:

Ya know I was about to say the 8hr was to long for me to. Then I thought about it and I have been looking at daily and weekly charts lately. That would be one hell of a contradiction lol. My trade is in and hanging out at break even

Well I’ll just say it softley lol… folks around here favour the 5 and 15m tfs’s, so a few traders aside (I count Yunny firmly onside here) were all looking for a move. Unfortunately, being the Asian I think the 5/15 have it pip by pip! LOL!!! Sorry couldn’t resist. :53:

I used to live on the 5, 15 and 30s. I’m just tired of it. I’m working on teaching my computer how to do it, then I can go hit the damned beach. So I went up to the 4 hour for my manual stuff until I get my program running. And you know what? It STILL takes a lot of time. It only takes a few minutes to manage things, but I usually have 10-15 pairs running. A few minutes on each one that has a trade open adds up in a damned hurry…

Thats why I keep it simple. I may lose trades due to it (especially being part time) but I only watch the cable, fiber, aussie, and kiwi. Witch out of them I really only have to watch 2 pairs. Then swap over to see witch pairs are the best to trade

I did it to lower risk, and still put a healthy percentage in the account daily.

It’s a way of “not putting all my eggs in one basket” so to speak.

I have a pretty high winning percentage, but the losers always dug deeper than I wanted them to. Not over two or three percent, but I still didn’t even like that.

So I turned it into buckshot. Now a loss is usually less than .5%, but hitting on all cylinders I gain many times that nightly.

The next step was to move up a time frame or 4 to keep track of it all. And right now, I’m closerthanthis to having the whole trade management thing automated, and then I won’t have to do much other than harass you guys :stuck_out_tongue:

LMAO I hear you thats why I only look at a few pairs. This way I know well in advance when my trades are setting up. The rest of the time I can spend bugging you guys or playing with my kids. But dont get me wrong I still go down to the 15 min all the time. Really makes me feel good to see a set up on the daily and most of the time frames all the way down to the 15 min. Keeps SL small and when you enter it is always nice to see price move almost instantly if your favor. Instead of like now just watching a trade sit there and do nothing. Been in it for 8 hours almost and up a whopping 13 pips lol. Its cool though I got faith in my entry. If it gets hit I am most likely done for the week as my next short would be at 1.07 on the Aussie. Unless I see something on the cable or fiber but they move when I cant trade them.

GU short still in place but very slow today… ah well time and pressure. I know a fair few of you guys are looking to a further high but todays daily candle (pre NY close) does look like a drop is on the cards at some point?

I was also hoping for the short yesterday, got in at 1.5983 after the rally up, but closed out later in the day for +30, after we couldnt get a strong push through Asian range everything got too unclear for my liking… I still agree we’re in for the short, and today’s daily candle does look supporting of it… I think we might see another push to try and break the 1.599-1.6 and i will look to go short again…

Mebbe so RC. London open tonight will tell for sure. Last night sure had a lid on 1.60. May be one more push up there. If she bumps her head again, she might go back downstairs and cry. I’ve moved my stop way up to protect some profit just in case.

I put a short on AU at 1.0436, looks like it could be leading the parade south with EU & GU trying to follow.

I couldn’t see a good entry this morning on GU, attempted a silly one which i really shouldnt have and got stopped out within minutes, didnt like this morning PA…

Think got a decent entry on the retrace back to the .61-72 fib, short from 1.5944…

Think GU is coming to a stop, reached 161 fib and maxed its ADR… Brought my stop up close…

Closed my AU short at 1.0368, also looks like it’s run close to its ADR. It’s been nice!

PS AU crossed below its 100 & 200 DMA, worth keeping an eye on it the next few days. Pull backs might be an opportunity to go short again.

I’m out @ 5848 (0.38 fib… 5600 low - 6000 high). Looks like we might get a bounce here?