The Trader's Arms - Now Open for Business

Jumped back in AU at 1.0368 with 1/5 of my normal size order, what the heck… why not?

Hmm, i think i’ve spotted a potential swing trade i like the sights of… See how this plays out… Just gone long USD/CHF :51:

So rejection in the 0.9000/0.9010 held strong for the last three days… Throwing a fib up on the daily shows its in perfect area of the .62-79… Yesterday had a small range day, today a little larger so hoping for a larger range break out…

Guess we’ll see how this plays out…

Short EUR/AUD @ 1.2820… bobmaninc, don’t spoil it again :smiley:

Lol its all yours this time. I am waiting for price to push back up to get back in short. I will keep you updated lol

Ouch! Thats a runaway train! LOL!! 2926 for a short?

wild ride last night… got out at 5 pips loss after being deep in red, i am still looking to short this pair… may be at 1.2950

please… at least wait for it to stop take a pee and have lunch before you throw another short on it!

:smiley: I know i am counter trend trading here, I will watch closely any support levels for the AUD, which is getting slammed, before I enter a new short…

[video=youtube_share;7K8Uj3l3Ilk]http://youtu.be/7K8Uj3l3Ilk[/video]

'Nuff said. It’s good to be back !!

HoG

Welcome back! Just in time for month end / quarter end nonsense tomorrow :wink:

Thank you PB. However, I won’t need to worry too much about tomorrow’s madness as I won’t be trading. Start again fresh on Monday.

Had got the balance up to $61, but made the ‘usual’ arse of it with one big bad trade, so back at $51 now.

Start again on Monday. They say that the road to hell is paved with good intentions, but I’ll do my best to stay within the boundaries of good money management this time.

HoG

Just trying to read back throughthe thread and catch up a bit on what’s been going on. One question that has come to mind comes from part of a conversation Sanj was having in which he mentioned the previous Asian session low being broke.

Made me wonder, how many different levels does anyone watch at one time, and what degree of importance is placed on them ?

Do you watch previous session highs and lows, as well as daily highs and lows, as well as weekly highs and lows, and which carries the most weight ??

HoG

Hi HoG… and welcome back :)!

I actually mentioned this in another thread today, but yeah i’ve made it a rule of thumb to mark out weekly highs/lows, daily highs and lows, and the previous sessions highs and lows (which is usually asian/london range for me as i trade mostly London hours), and sometimes, depending on the levels i mark the monthly highs and lows if there close enough to current PA, and of course any other important S/R levels…

Taken the idea from ICT’s thread and also been trying to make my way through the ‘Alternative Technical Templates’ thread which has been highly regarded as a good read on BabyPips…

The last 3 weeks ive started to employ some strict rules when trading as my demo account started to take some losses. Im coming to the end of my 3rd week since employing the rules, and had positive results since… But yeah, ive noticed the ranges i mentioned tend to be quite important when trading intraday - atleast from the experience and what ive read on the other threads so far…

Welcome back HoG, about the levels to watch lately I only try to be aware of S/R in at least the 4H Chart, plus Weekly and Monthly pivots and Weekly and Monthly high/lows. When i see confluence i might jump into a trade

Hi guys, nice to talk again.

I’ve started reading through a thread started by Ken Lee in 2009 called Don’t make trading harder than it is… It’s currently on page 4 or 5, I can’t get the link to work.

Anyway, it’s more than worth a look for any newbie.

Went long EU @ just below 1-33 looking for 1-3330, only risking 12 pips so we’ll see how that goes. So much for waiting til Monday.

Anyway, off to bed now, g’night

HoG

HoG, currently i am trading Kenneth’s B.S. Trading, but in the 1H, 4H, 8H charts. Download the PDF with the system here

Welcome back HOG. I made a total newbie move today. I got home from work took my afternoon nap (as always at ny close) woke up then looked at my charts. Well I seen a decent trade set up and took it. I went short on the Aussie again. well when I went to set a SL I noticed there was a huge price difference from my charts to my trading plattform. That when it hit me I was not looking at an aussie chart I was looking at the cable. Hommer Simpson moment (DOUGH). I am hoping to get out with my head still attached but I think I am going to pay for this lesson. Oh well the Cable trade would have been stopped anyway so it is what it is. I am kicking my self but I have traded the Aussie so much lately it has been the only pair. So I just assumed I was looking at the Aussie. Guess it is true what the word assume means.

Yep that one stung. Biggest loss of 2012. For a dumb move on my part. I would not have entered if I would have been looking at the correct chart. Oh well I am still trading OPM (other peoples money) so I am done for the week. Been a break even week. I got 1 win 2 loses. I guess in the end I still walk away with my head attached but would have been nice to bring in profits to close the quarter and first month back at trading. Still over all a great month well over 400 pips in profit so a drawdown was expected just still hurts to know it was due to looking at the wrong chart. I will never get over this one. Ouch thats one tuff blow to ones pride

Morning everyone…

Some large range during the NY/Asian markets in the GU last night, i got in short at around 1.5971, entry could have been a little better, but hoping to see it drop today… We’re bordering around the 1.599/1.6 monthly/yearly high, hoping to see a rejection off this area…

Don’t know if i should have risked it since there’s all the end of quarter stuff going on, but hey lets see what happens… I’ve had a pretty good week, up 5.7% since Monday, see how it goes…

Good luck to everyone trading today

Hey bobmaninc, nice to talk to you again.

I get what you mean. I am 45 yrs old now and up until I started trading fx, albeit a very small account, the only noteworthy emotional scar I carried around was being dumped by the lovely Miss Heather Melrose when we were both 8 !!

Now, after amost my first year of trading, the emotional scars look like a road map of Birmingham. But not to worry, we’re both still here.

Anyway, woke up this moring to find my EU trade hit it’s target. I must confess I moved my target down to 1-3325 ( from 1-3330 ) as original target was close to previous day hgh and the thought of waking to find I had missed my target by 2 pips or so didn’t thrill me.

However, waking to find you’ve made 28 pips while you where surfing naked in Hawaii with Giselle at your side ain’t the worse thing that ever happened. Or was the Giselle bit just a dream ? Damn !!

HoG

Good god, look at the price fly… Hit my SL a long while ago :56:

EDIT: I got a feeling its a fake out…