The Trader's Arms - Now Open for Business

I still think we could hit the 1.33… Thats where ive got my final TP… See what the rest of NY brings… If nothing else by tomorrow ill close before the weekend…

time to buy as much CAD as you can get your hands on. It’s going higher!

Stephen Colbert Uncovers a Canadian Currency Conspiracy

:53:

I still favour a GU push down tomorrow SanJ… pretty tight range today. Its going to be a breakout but which way?

Hi Guys

Didn’t even look at a single chart today. Finished work early, went to play golf, went to youngest HoGettes parents night.

Work went well, win at golf, parents night a raging success. Carlsberg doesn’t do good days, but if they did…

Incidentally Sanj, got the video, thanks again for that. I take it that it’s supposed to be one of his Charlie Chaplin Silent movies and I haven’t just forgotten to take the mute off on my computer?

GU’s average weekly range for the last 12 weeks is around 220 pips, so far this week only 130. I don’t know but maybe another 50-70 pips higher to fill out the AWR? :confused:

PS but I’m hoping for a risk off day, I’m in a few AU & AY shorts, embarrassed to say one of them is at 1.0318. :17:

Had to cover 2 of the 3 short positions I had in the GU, one for 25 pips profit and the other for 30 pips loss, I still have one position open at 1.06162

Looks like the pair is heading up in the medium term, although I still expect a good size retracement. I might try another counter trend short around 1.6240

Was pretty tight in both pairs yesterday… My remaining 1/3 position got stopped at BE last night after the dip in price, i admittedly bought a small position in the EU last night before bed at 1.3190. Im still swayed bullish today - hence i bought on the dip…

Still think the GU could be aiming for the near 1.63, and EU near 1.33…

See whats in store for us today!

Lol, yeah HoG, its one of the silent ones, not a very long one but pretty much explains his principals on the LO strategy…

Good luck today ! :57:

Had a buy order at 80.52 in the UJ… :smiley: quickest 80 pips of my life :slight_smile:

With the Spain downgrade, along with both the EU, and GU looking tired, I am with RC, and in for a bit of a drop.

Not doing anything until London opens though. And may not do anything then…

:smiley:

Good god, I just had a look at that candle! :35:

Hehehe. Trade news after the effects. I sold EJ.

What was it that caused the UJ spike ? I’m also looking for a drop GU. My short has survived by the skin of it’s teeth and even just getting out now would do me.

I’m not a big fan of trying to buy or sell above or below S or R 2 levels. Price doesn’t very often like to go beyond them.

EU seems to be around S2 and GU has a little bit to go. Would love to see GU drop to S26 (if only there was one) then I’d take the profit with a big smile.

That’s not to say obviously price can’t go beyond these levels. Been trying to do some analysis on this recently and have found it a rare-ish event for price to go to S3 or R3, but it has happened. Fingers crossed it happens today.

Small EU trade i took last night got stopped out… Opened a proper position this time @ long 1.3162…

I’d love to say I hope you’re right Sanj, but in hoping that I’d probably be condemming my own trade to be wrong. EU Hourly, right now at least, is showing a couple of long wicks at the bottom of the last two candles. My other worry being the S2 point I mentioned above.

Dunno how much, if any, the German news will bother price. Just wait and see really.

Looking good so far i think HoG… Trading with my bias, entered my 62-79 fib retracement zone, divergence in price between GU and EU at the time, and 3150-3160 was a good support level…

Ive taken some profit at +20 and locked BE… Lets see how long i can ride this for…

Took more or less the same trade as you Sanj. I got in at 1.3169. Closed it out now at 1.3220 just ahead of the 62% retracement from the drop yesterday. Was looking a bit iffy early on but once EZ equities started coming back around worked out quite nicely. If we get a bit of a pullback now I’ll think about a re-entry.

I saw that but think i may hold out, the 3220 is looking like good support but its been a strong push through… I thought it may be a bit early for the NY retracement, was hoping i’d see it push to around 1.3250, then i was planning to take off 70% and let the rest ride…

Hmm, decisions decisions!

GU is currently blowing up! Would have been a better long than EU by the looks of it… Hoping EU will soon follow suit!

Is it only me that is short the EU at the moment? I fear I may be missing something.