The Trader's Arms - Now Open for Business

I DEMAND that you msg me privately before you take your next trade Sir!:18:

I had to re enter the third time on a UCHF Short to cover my SL that was hit on the first trade. Only managed about 1% on that attempted short.

120 plus pips would have been an all I can eat buffet!

The most likely trade will be this:

at 0.9600 there is a confluence of some trend lines and oct 3/11 daily high, since it is not the best setup (Yeah I know… I am trying to pick a bottom :smiley: ) I will use a small position

No d-pip my broker is not up to the times. My phone is to new for them or what ever that means lol. I am not sweating it though. Was a small stop low risk so if it gets tagged out then so be it. As long as price can hold below 9800 today and tomorrow then it will be heading down to 9600 and all my worries will be going down with it lol. In the end thats why we set stops you just never know whats going to happen. In the end I could always call the broker to close it but why. My target was 9800 I nailed it. Seems to be willing to go to 9600 this time so why not push it and see 300 pips profit for a 20 pip stop seems worth the risk to me :wink:

Bagged 95 pips in the GU today…
Really happy with my progress so far this week… 2 trades, 155 pips up :smiley:
Lets hope this continues…

:57:

Nice going SanJ, keep trading [B]with the trend [/B]and you should find that it will continue. In the last few months I’ve become a BIG BIG BIG fan of trading [B]only[/B] with the directional bias of the daily, 4 & 1 hour charts, and it’s really changed my P&L performance.

If I don’t do something stupid and blow up my account before the end of May, I’ll hit a new milestone in my 3 ½ year FX trading experiment, aka folly! Consistent profit for three consecutive months! I don’t keep great records that far back but I think my former record was only 6-7 weeks.

The game plan is sell rallies on pairs showing a strong down trend and buy dips with pairs showing a strong up trend. If I don’t see a clear & obvious entry I do nothing – nothing – nothing. I can’t believe it took me 3 freaking years to figure out something soooo simple!

PS I still might take a flyer 15-20 pip counter trend scalp from time to time, but we won’t talk about that. :wink:

I went through the same thing the last few weeks… I kept trying to pick the bottom of this falling knife and was getting cut everytime… It cost me about 6% of my account this month, but im over half way into regaining my losses…

Looking back now at my trading diary, nearly all of my losing trades were going long, as soon as i switched to only shorts i started gaining profit again… Trading i find is hard enough as it is, why make it harder by going against the trend?
It cost me 6%, but ive learned my lessons - the trend is my friend!

I think the next thing im going to need to work on is holding onto my trades when trading with the trend. My Aussie short yesterday id currently be sitting on 170 pips - i closed at 60… But no complaints from me this week, happy to take my profit and leave the rest on the table to take again tomorrow :slight_smile:

Exactly!

it’s a different story when the pairs you’re trading are running flat & trendless, sure try to make money both long & short.

But when they’re flashing an obvious bias, seems to me the common sense approach is to go with it.

Short entry Tuesday on EU @ 2538 and GU @ 5673. Still in both… EU +168 and GU +192. Expecting a bounce tomorrow looking at the daily, so these two will probably be it for the week with the additional +50 Friday- Sunday night trade but good hunting all.

EDIT: Just read your posts guys… I believe the saying is ‘trade what you see, not what you think’. :stuck_out_tongue:

Couldn’t resist… long off EU @ 2374. :rolleyes:

A quick counter for +46, then normal service resumed. Short @ 2403, still open. Is there a bottom… 1.20 (05/06/10)? US version… 06/05/10.

I agree

I think our first target will be to take out the 1.215, couple swings there… If we get a strong break of that i think we’ll be on a good run to make a break of the big 1.2…

Couple of longs have been triggered… A/U @ 0.9598 and N/Y @ 58.27

I have already taken some profits and stops are above entry level…

Nice entry for a long at 9600. That was my TP for my short this week that hit 300+. I was wandering if my tp was actually hit as I see on yahoo price came close but I could not tell if it was hit or missed by a pip (we all know that feeling lol) but your entry just confirmed it great week for only spending about an hour in front of charts.

nice trade bob!

I guess the way my mind works it is hard for me to follow the trend in such extreme levels… but with this kind of volatility if you know how to pick an entry, either side you choose can be profitable… :smiley:

lol I agree AU is looking pretty extreme right now. I am still short on the pair but honestly if we see 9400 I might even try again on long entries lol.

You are also spot on with the fact you can be on either side most of the time and still profit. Its good to see others that recognize that fact

I will edit my post instead of putting a new one but yunny wow after looking at my charts now thats a almost perfect entry. You go tin at pretty much the low of the day which was not hard to guess there but man the daily is really looking good for you with a double bottom and a hammer, at the 9600 fig. Hope you held on to it. Pretty sure you did since you entered after nfp was winding down. Great eye even though price didnt close above the 9700 fig you close enough to expect that to be taken out. then you are almost looking a free ride for quite a while as this move down on the daily had not left much in terms of resistance. I hope to see it ride up to the 102 fig. That would be nice to get a short there to post on my thread. I still dont think we found a bottom yet but a decent retracement on the daily? Probability looks good I tip my hat to you my friend :35:

After the NFP data release on Friday the AUD had much volatility and i have seen this happen all the time which i think is a good trading opportunity :slight_smile:

NFP can indeed create much volatility… the question is in which direction? :smiley: Personally, I prefer to stay out for at least 30 minutes after NFP. If your trading tech’s the last thing you need is an adverse news spike.

Back short on my Aussie from 9758 after the rejection off the 9800 figure. Nice setup on the 4 hr. Targeting the 9600 but think that target might be a little far fetched. So I will trail down my stops as usual and hope for the best.

Interesting Bob… I shorted AU from 9786 and am now long off 9715. Will be interesting to see which trade pans out? :5:

Yeah that 9700 level does have me a little worried. Its been a force to be reckoned with lately. But my stop is at BE so we will see. A long off 9715 is a strong entry. Seems to be just sitting right now. Good luck

Good luck to you my trade got stopped at BE its all you now