The Trader's Arms - Now Open for Business

There are some things in life I wish I could give back. The memory of that has got to be close to the top of that list. I know why Nikita says it help if you have attractive neighbors. That pose explains it :stuck_out_tongue:

Try not to close your eyes for several hours bobmaninc, the image becomes even more scary in the dark LOL!!

looks as though EU is testing the 1-2440 after all. But now looking at the charts, Iā€™m not that sure I like to get involved

The H4 chart looks as good as it gets for an up.

I am just not sure of the market hours.

I rarely have good over night trades or should I say late US to early Asian sessions.

Good GRIEF! You step out for a day or two and ā€˜The Traders Armsā€™ blacks out its windows and turns into a cross dressing establishment! Not sure Iā€™m going to fit in living in the ā€˜Cotswoldsā€™ (a few pics and youā€™ll get the idea Cotswolds Tourist Information & Travel Guide England UK) more tweeds and pheasant shooting. :smiley:

Iā€™ll try and answer your question Hog. All things being equal and refering to a proven strat to pick an entryā€¦ ahumā€¦ I seem to remember a long on EU with a TP of 2600? :stuck_out_tongue: Well you sure canā€™t win um all. Personally, as long as I entered a trade with all the boxes ticked thats all I can do. I donā€™t try to figure it out why it didnā€™t do what I thought it might. Even with the best strat and years in, its still a game of percentages when all is said and done.

Havnā€™t been tracking EU this week, more GU. Weekly GU looks about ready for a bounce, daily looks like its in the low range , so Iā€™m waiting on the Asian for a long entry. Shaping up for a classic ā€˜breakoutā€™ trade on the 1h.

EDIT: Pic of GU H1 and daily.

hey RC, Still doing the daily channel? Iā€™ve got a 2 and a 4 exponential and looking for a move out of Asia but it sure is hard to get up that time of morning

On the RC5 as shown Mike, its a straight forward 2 DNC (yellow) all TFā€™s and the good old 2 LWMA high/ low (red)ā€¦ hehe, if it works on the daily then it works on the 4h and 1h.

Bailed at 24 pips as top of the range. But will be looking to re-enter long off the low as daily has more to give. In short, yep still playing the percentages across the tf void. :smiley:

Heyā€¦ you, London boys :smiley: do not spoil my trade at the openā€¦ Iā€™ve been waiting for 36 hours

Well, you know the old saying RC, "When the cats away, the mice will often pull on high heels and suspenders andā€¦ " no wait, I think Iā€™ve got my sayings mixed up.

Anyway, seems to me that the tweeds and pheasant shooting thing is pretty similar to cross dressing. I mean, youā€™re still putting on fancy dress and trying to bag a bird LOL!!

MIA today gang, Mrs HoG and the HoGettes off on holiday on Monday so there are things that need doing for that, which canā€™t be done at the weekend as my younger cousin has selfishly decided to get married this Saturday.

So be safe you lot. Talk later

Hehā€¦ had one of those instant trades. Limit long order in E/U at 1.2460. Stop at 1.2420. Lasted about 5 minutes by the look of it.

Sorry to hear that, weā€™ve all had 'em although that sort of pace never seems to happen to the winners! A few bad news stories for the Euro this morning, some crappy British figures and German unemployment worse than expected. Iā€™m not bothering with intraday EUR/USD at the moment - which is much of the reason why I have not been on this thread much - as one the one hand it appears that surely this must be the bottom, yet on the other there are many reasons for it to keep falling, so it is skewing my analysis.

Iā€™m currently long AUD/USD and kicking myself for missing a EUR/JPY Short last week.

Sorry about your losing trade, it matches the weather (coming down in stair rods here in Derbyshire).

On the plus side, though, that is another hilarious image you have shared with us. I was just chatting on a good boxing forum, came back on here and saw that. Ouch!

ST

Yeah I got steamrollered today but been an ok week other than that so no worries! I thought we might just keep on ranging into the weekend summit but wasnā€™t too be.

I know what you mean about E/U - Iā€™ve mostly been taking shorts against resistance up until yesterday but only looking for around 30 pips given the muddy waters out there right now.

Weather is no better over here either. I seriously canā€™t remember a worse June than this muck. Feels more like late Autumn.

Agreed. Iā€™ve actually just had to put the kitchen/office (itā€™s the same room!) lights on, itā€™s actually dark outside. We live 1000ft up, have a 20 mile view, and today Iā€™m struggling to see the end of the garden. Miserable. Plus the kidsā€™ schools, scout groups etc are starting to hold all the outdoor events at the moment. Yay.

CHRIST! The most almighty clap of thunder just made me jump in my seat. The air feels all tingly now. Itā€™s like bleedinā€™ armageddon here.

Funny you should say that, we just had exactly the same thing. The lights flickered, and the cat actually hissed! Iā€™ve got the back door open and Iā€™ll agree entirely on the armageddon comment.

This thread is crazy - we have Nikita in one part of the world getting our minds racing with talk of rampant sex, we have Scotland posting shots of biscuits and cross-dressing, the Cotswolds chipping in with talk of tweed and the shooting set, and now we in the Midlands have chimed in withā€¦ talk of the weather. Had I not briefly participated in the Rihanna discussion a couple of days ago I might feel the need to relocate!

OK sod the weather. When do we get back to the rampant sex?

To answer the question in a slightly different way, I did take note of losses when I was in
demo mode & sometimes it drove me mad because there was no rhyme or reason
to the losses. But as RC says

Well you sure canā€™t win um all. Personally, as long as I entered a trade with all the boxes ticked thats all I can doā€¦its still a game of percentages
I can go a couple of days without a winner but I know percentage wise I will hit more winners than losers, my system says so.

PS Great thread by the way, takes me back to the early days of Technical Templates.

The day i decided to go into scalping mode, it seems EU and GU fell out of bed lol!

On the plus side, i managed to ride down the GU for +40 pipsā€¦ Nothing jaw dropping, and didnt ride it top to bottom, but 1:2 risk to reward, im happy :slight_smile:

Only a smaller 0.5% positions, scaled back after a loss yesterdayā€¦ But think its tipped me a little to the positive % for the week, and possibly the month which im always happy aboutā€¦ Been really up and down this monthā€¦

Did someone mention rampant sex? Meatballs! Thereā€™s too much sex on TVā€¦ I meanā€¦ I keep falling off! And speaking of the apocalypse did you hear about the zombie eating a guys face off here in the U.S.? Armageddon outa here.

RC that was a good up move but it started in the NY session and continued on through Asia. I had the 2520 level marked off and it made itā€™s way right up to that then dropped like a $3 ho on $1 night. Unfortunately I didnā€™t get up for London Open so I missed it.

Far be it from me to nit-pick, but it may well be worth remembering young Mr Templar, that in labelling this thread ā€œcrazyā€, you were one of the original architects of this establishment, and as of yet, the community at large has still to discover your ā€œskeleton in the wardrobeā€ LOL !!

My own personal biggest regret is that my own little preference is sadly never destined to ever meet with Nikiā€™s as the crumbs in the bed would only distract me from the job at hand, so to speak