The Turtle Traders System

I suspect that will continue ad eternum simply because people are unwilling to give away their edges, which is quite okay. Even scientists rarely publish their complete findings.

Well I’ve repeatedly given away mine on this site to absolutely zero effect! :smiley:

Longer TF’s and trade S/R… seems it not what newbs want to hear. :smiley:

I wouldn’t say zero effect.

Yea I can think of two in two years… LOL

LOL! You kidding… what threads you been reading?

Don’t forget, they can give you the paper, tell you [B]when [/B]and [B]how [/B]to use it, but you still have to do the wiping by [B]yourself![/B] :smiley:

I don’t know but I can assure you that my system and philosophy are nothing like what has ever been mentioned here or on ForexFactory so I have reason to believe that many people do share my strategy but do not choose to make it known.

Candlesticks, chart patterns, bollinger bands, channels are all things that are frequently discussed and all things that I have found to be ineffective, relatively.

:frowning:

Enlighten us. Forex isn’t the Illuminati.

yes please do enlighten us if you have found the holy grail. I can tell you what will happen. There are a handful that will have a lightbulb go on over their head and say ah ha and start using it and the other 95% who will completely ignore it and keep on system hopping. And it won’t even cause as much as an imperceptible ripple in the 4trillion a day volume or in the way the big player trade. In other words revealing it won’t decrease it’s value. So come on, let’s hear it! :slight_smile:

Stop searching for ‘the holy grail’ there is no such thing. You’re going to be sorely disappointed. I highly doubt he has a system that’s amazing and there are only a small group of people that use it and guard it religiously, if that was the case he wouldn’t have to come on a forum to brag about such a system.

He? I would think Barb is a she. But anyway… if it’s not to be found on BP or FF then it can’t have anything to do with:
support / resistance
Moving averages
Pivot points
Fibonacci
Bollinger bands
price action
trend lines
candle stick patterns
range bound breakouts
EAs
Correlation of pairs
gartley’s
supply & demand
fundamentals
trend following
range bounces
the turtle system
statistical analysis to find a probability edge
Random entry
confluence of multiple triggers
Elliot waves
planetary alignments
I’m running out of ideas…
hmmm…

I do use support/resistance in my system but only as a single, recursive step. The paradigm is far more fundamental than that and, yes, it isn’t noted in your list. It’s also fairly visible on a chart. I just don’t think it’s something that people are used to looking for.

Nah… wave theory? LOL at this rate without Barb cluing us in it could take awhile! :smiley:

Honestly I thought it had something to do with planetary alignments but that’s on the list so I guess not. Maybe moon phases? I heard those work…

Youre not paying attention Scoob… Barb said it was visable on the charts… thats FX charts not tidal! :rolleyes:

I was including moon phases in that. Something from Wells Wilder, the delta phenomenon.

what about grid trading?

here’s one I noticed while trading Carter’s / Rui’s 2ma high low on the daily. Ever notice there’s a lot of distance between one day’s high and the next day’s low? Something to think about… :smiley:

what does price do? it goes up and it goes down. wait for it to move in your favor then close at a profit. Just my 2 dimes worth… get it? pair of dimes? paradigm? :stuck_out_tongue:

hmm… tidal charts, surfs up dude! gnarly! Like totally tubular fur shure!
So Cal dude!

RECURSIVE hmmm… a clue perhaps? But a ‘single recursive step’ sounds kind of like an oxymoron.

Is it anything like what’s covered in the ‘technical templates’ threads? No couldn’t be that since you said it’s not to be found on BP

Well, I have an indicator for mt4 that shows moon phases and planet alignments… lol. I’m happy with the strats I’m using now, anything more would just be for learning purposes… unless of course it’s something better lol.

Makes perfect sence Mike… a SINGLE trade taken repeatedly. LOL

oh I get it. you find one trade that is profitable then form a time loop and keep repeating it over and over…

Sorry Barb don’t take offense at my silliness. It’s still the weekend until tomorrow morning. Seriously, how about a clue or hint or two? or a PM?

Yea, it could be seen as oxymoronic because you’re lacking the information about the other parts of my system.

Also, it seems that hellogoodbye4201 came fairly close to my philosophy, unintentionally. It doesn’t have anything to do with pseudoscience, however. :stuck_out_tongue: