The Wolf Pack -- ICT Tools & Concepts in Action --

i did enter (my bad of chosing the word badly) and i did got stopped out -_- thats not the point. I was just thinking about trade idea not the result :stuck_out_tongue: and was just wondering why it didnā€™t work out ā€¦

Well this cable/usdx divergence is not really a strong one. I would say itā€™s an attempt of a divergence :wink: . So that by itself doesnā€™t say much. But all the divergences at the same time in the same TF, pointing in the same direction, in combination with TT and pivot buy zones, that says a lot more.
We can also get a down day tomorrow and the divergences will still be intact. Perhaps the low of the week was made today or it may be made tomorrow or even on wednesday. Thatā€™s why i said i want to see what LO brings.

Iā€™m still a newbie in this business (started in october 2011) and make a lot of mistakes so donā€™t take my word for it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Meant to reply to pipjoker. Did this from my iPhone and replied to the wrong message.

I was hesitant either way coming into the week. The market basically had no reaction to Greece officially being declared in default. It was very quiet Friday afternoon after that was announced. So consciously took LO off.

At NYO, I did enter a long and took the whole position off a 30 pips. Entered at 1.5610 at S1 daily pivot. It seemed to be shaping up as a z day and there was bullish smt divergence.

Iā€™ll look at the charts posted and see if I see anything there. But I was reluctant To trade LO today after such a big announcement and no movement in the market.

I didnā€™t make any trades today but I was a little disappointed to see that the fiber went north today. I was kinda hoping it was going to go lower and set up a nice tuesday LO move north. Anyone else thinking the same thing?

I think you have your answer right here: ā€œā€¦wasnā€™t a really good level, just thought it will holdā€. I also saw that trade, but was happy to let to it go because the real support was at 5643-48, and that was an ultra clean level on the Daily that was just begging to be taken out. Fridayā€™s action should have alerted you to the fact that Price was searching out that level, so it doesnā€™t seem ā€˜high probabilityā€™ to turn on a dime without testing it. There was higher TF bullish divergence, but I just checked some comments I wrote at the time and they suggest there was lower TF bearish divergence. With an overall short bias due to previous PA and Market Structure, Flow etc, and the H4 resistance at 5696, the odds were not in your favour. Try holding out for the ā€˜really good levelsā€™, and go into them thinking they wonā€™t hold :wink:

Here is why they wanted the EURGBP cross to go higherā€¦

I read somewhere on the forum that it takes 2 years to become good, and another 3 to make your first million! That is a timescale that I am more than happy with, despite suggestions from others that it can be done sooner. Trade what your trade log suggests you are capable of now, and discount the fear of past experiences. At the same time try to reconcile the fact that 95% of traders DO fail in this business, and the ones that donā€™t may have the markets on their side for that initial run-up in equity, giving them time and resources to learn.

Someone correct me if I am wrongā€¦

Do we have a possible Stinger Setup as shown in this documentā€¦

Is it just me or are EU and GU seriously out of sorts at the momentā€¦ One goes up, the other goes downā€¦

Yeah. Conflicting divergence signals.

Quick look at USD correlations show GU is the oddball showing bearish divergence.

I have a short at 1.5671 that I entered a sell limit before going to bed last night. Iā€™ll post reasons for setting that order after I get to work.

Thats sexy enter. Like i said yesterday, iā€™ve put pending order at 65lvl. What i thought happened - it reached the 80lvl. That would have been way better entry but hellā€¦ who cares :slight_smile: and exited way to earlier, but thats ok aswell. Got myself 60pips.

Trade idea: LONG FIBER
One more thing now. We have 4 overlaping fibs at 50lvl :slight_smile: so iā€™m long from there. Here some pics:

Weekly

DAILY

Trinity extension.

This week low to high

What a great entry! I only woke up for the NYO and entered at 1.3100 and got on the bus to get to school. I finally get here and check - I missed my TP by 1.1 pips! I had it at 1.3050 and the price rebounded at 1.30511. Unbelievable haha, still got some pips out of it, couldnā€™t be happier that I executed a successful trade.

You just jumped in at 1.3100? cause I dont see anything to get you into that trade.

As I said I would, here are a couple charts for why I entered a short position this morning. I didnā€™t want to wake up for LO, so decided to set orders at level I anticipated price to react, and then went to bed. I did this analysis around 12 midnight ET (4am GMT on the chart).

Trade has since closed out at breakeven. Took 10% off at 30 pips. yipee. Slowly working towards a good week. Made about 2% yesterday. Iā€™ll post a chart of that too.

I had a short bias for the day. Pivots for both EU and GU in the sell zone. 4 hour and daily market flows were point down at this time. 4 hour and daily market structure were both short as well.

(note: clickable chart)

I noted a confluence of areas just above the AR that had formed. The white dashed line is MR1. The pink line is weekly open. and also in the sweet spot from yesterdays high and low. SO I entered a short sell limit order at 1.5671.

Also, I noted some bearish divergence between EU and GU when I was doing my analsis. I knew that it could change between when I was analyzing, and when my trade would trigger, so I didnā€™t put a lot of confidence into it, but thought maybe the market was breaking down and I might catch an upthrust before the down move.

(the blue line highlighting the divergence that was forming.). Also, at this time, eu and usd was trading in line, and gu was the outlier showing bearish divergence with the usdx as well.

Got entered at 1.5671. Price went down, stop move to breakeven, then stopped out at breakeven.

Nice to see many of us can trade different directions and still turn a profit.

Long Cable at OTE from yesterdayā€™s low to high.

Entry at 1.5630 with a 15 pip stop. Full profit taken at 1.5710 for 80 pips or just over 5x my risk.

One shot one kill. Donezo for the week.

All the best guys

NT

I noticed it too! Went short last night on the 4H based on this divergence, intact bearish market flow and a support level. Got stopped out though for -2% Loss. Still chasing the trade thoughā€¦ See how it evolves!

Hereā€™a a picture of the massive divergence as of now!

Finally caught a trade today as well. Nothing stellar in terms of pips won but here it is:

• Took a short cable trade at 1.5664
  • 1hr OTE
  • 4hr market flow bearish
  • Pivot sell zone
  • NYO Kill zone
  • S/R level

Took 40% at +30 pips and hit BE for TP2

@LearninToPimpPips where could one get oneā€™s hands on that pretty looking market flow indicator? :smiley:

Thanks!

Well I saw that it broke through the S1 support, so I figured it still had some space to approach S2ā€¦ Was this a wrong move? Iā€™m all ears for some wisdom, just a noob starting over here. Thanks!

A lot of the times less is more, and if you saw a play on the break of S1 then good on you for making some pips. I dont want to give you the idea that I know exactly what I am talking about, and make you develop analysis paralysis.

It just seemed like the move was well under way and just not alot of confluences to take that trade. Again, if you were wrong you could analyze why, but be happy that you took some pips and keep learning.