The Wolf Pack -- ICT Tools & Concepts in Action --

In my post yesterday i said that i wanted to look for longs today and the next days. Today just before NYO i checked the A/D indi and found bullish divergences on the cable and fibre and bearish divergences on the usdx. That confirmed my long bias.
During the NYO killzone i saw price coming down (cable) below the CPP and set a pending order long at 1.5620 which was institutional lvl and near the monthly MS2 and also in perfect OTE zone. SO everything lined up perfectly and i’m so happy that i was right. That could have been my best trade so far…yeah…could have…i missed it by T.H.E. S.P.R.E.A.D… :55:

Guys I just finished making a custom indicator. It’s an automatic pip size & position size calculator, I went through all forums for a dozen of days but I couldn’t find one that fitted me well. So I made it myself.

If you’re interested I could share it.

Have fun.

Please do!

Manta_MF_Table_1_1.zip (6.78 KB)

by default, the text color is set to black, if you have a black background, you won’t see it until you change the color to white or another of your choosing.

Let me just tweak it a little bit more and I’ll upload it in about half an hour. :smiley: . (Awesome stuff)

Thanks for sharing LTPP. I read a market flow wrong one time during LO (think I was seriously half asleep) and this indicator might just be a good thing to ensure it doesn’t happen again :slight_smile:

Thanks as well to Manta for creating it

Yeah thanks guys I will have to check out what this is all about

Damn… This indicators crashes my MT4 big time! Anyone with the same problem? :frowning:

I hate it when it happens, but it happens.

A suggestion…

Find out whether or not you’re platform displays the candles by using the bid / ask or even average price. I know my MT4 platform I use for charting draws the candles according to the bid price, however my Oanda java live feed draws them as per the average price, meaning a I need to adjust my orders just slightly to take that into account.

If you want to enter at the institutional level 20, just place your order at 22, taking into account the spread.

Cheers,

Yeah crashes mine too unfortunately. Not sure if there’s any way we can diagnose but if it makes a difference I’m with alpari - you Martinius?

Same… froze the whole thing

There you go guys. My programming skills are of basic. So there are a couple of problems which still you’ll need to do a bit of work to exploit this indicator to it’s fullest potential.

Let’s just make some clearance first of all:

1. This only works on USD accounts (maybe it works with other currencies I haven’t tested it)
  2. Spread is not included.
  3. You have to input the Quotation pair for crosses (I’ll include a list, don’t worry).
  4. I’ve only tested on 5 decimal (3 decimal points respectively to Yen pairs). I don’t know if it works on 4 & 2.

So there are 3 types of pairs, I couldn’t include my programming to make an all-in-one indicator. So I had to make a separate indicator for each type of pair.

Type 1: -X-/USD - Use: 1_mm_gica

Type 2: USD/-X- - Use: 2_mm_gica

Type 3: -X-/-Y- - Use: 3_mm_gica (None Dollar Crosses)

=======================================

How to use it:

Risk_Per = 2.0 (Risk % default set to 2)
Risk_Pips = 15.0 (Default set to 15, if you want to use manual stop-loses)
Use_HorLine = true (if you want to use a dynamic horizontal line for your stops) *** This is the trickiest part. If you want to use a horizontal line for your SL, you simply draw a horizontal line, then you have to go to Horizontal Line Properties (Select the line, right click) and you have to name it: STOP. After you’ve named it, you can basically play around with it, you can place it anywhere you want. On the left side you’ll get a lable called "Stop Loss from where you can see the difference of the current Bid price and the Position of the Horizontal Line (which you’ve named STOP). *Above all, make sure you set Use_HorLine = true —if you want to use this feature.

If you don’t wanna use HOR LINE, set Use_HorLine = false, and your Position size will be calculated according to Risk_Pips.

Pair = GBPUSD (Default set to GBPUSD) - Make sure you type the pair in CAPITAL LETTERS.

Quotation Pair list for crosses:

EUR/AUD = AUDUSD —> Use AUDUSD for all AUD ending crosses
EUR/GBP = GBPUSD —> Use GBPUSD for all GBP ending crosses
EUR/JPY = USDJPY —> Use USDJPY for all YEN crosses
EUR/CAD = USDCAD —> use USDCAD for all CAD ending crosses
EUR/CHF = EURUSD —> use EURUSD for all CHF ending crosses
EUR/NZD = NZDUSD —> use NZDUSD for all NZD ending crosses

For further details check this: Pip Calculator: Free Online Forex Pips Calculation Tool for Traders

***Note, TYPE 1 & 2 does not need the PAIR variable.
***Note, Korona type pairs not supported.
***Note, GOLD, SILVER, OIL & INDICES not supported.

Have fun and enjoy.

mm_gica.zip (3.25 KB)

Yeah i know. My MT4 uses the bid price, but i always have the ask price displayed also so i can “see” the spread and know what’s going on.
The problem is that you never know to what level price will go. Sometimes it goes to 25, sometimes to 20 and another time to just 19 or whatever. You can do the best and most correct analysis in the world but you can (almost) never call the exact level where price will go. That’s why there is at least a little bit of luck included in this business…or bad luck. :wink:

No problems here. I use ActiveTrades MT4.

EDIT: I just checked Forex Ltd. MT4…no problems so far.

I use a 3 pips spread for my entries (+3 pips for longs and -3 pips for shorts) in combination with the OTE sweet spot (instead of 79% fib level). If price comes close and I don’t get a fill then it wasn’t meant to be.

@ Picto and PureMuscle

I’m on Alpari… Could be an outdated MT4 issue maybe, but I’m not sure. My MT4 hasn’t promted me with an update in a long time in fact and this is a little suspicious… Is there any way to update MT4 manually?

Anyway, I will survive without the Market Flow Indi, I’ll just have to figure it out manually. According to Akeakamai it might be innacurate too. :slight_smile:

Manta included an option to toggle “ICT H4 Rule” on and off. I don’t know what that is all about but perhaps that’s the reason why you get false readings. Have you tried that? :confused:

Good to know. I was watching it today as the GU was approaching 1.5726. As soon as price hit that level, it went from market flow down to up.

I have checked them to make sure. So far, I haven’t received a bad reading and caught it change the 4 hour and 1 hour correctly multiple times.

Interesting. Have to keep an eye out for this.

Maybe a problem with Sunday candles or gaps?

i sure messed up yesterday;)
had a long bias, had a limit buy order set… then ICT tweeted he is short… I cancelled my limit buy order and went short (without really knowing why…I just trust ICTs analysis bette than mine), got stopped out (while ICTs stop was 10 pips higher than mine)
Then I was angry at myself for not sticking to my own head… so I entered long, where my original limit buy order was before… price didn’t bounce, and I got stopped out - not sad about this one, as I was sticking to my plan…

Then I got frustrated and started my Revenge… went short on cable again… it finally broke through the damn mid figure, and slowly made its way down… was about 5 pips short of me moving SL to BE and TP1… turned around and rushed up…
My plan of one shot one win became 3 shots, with each one being stopped out.
Was an interesting lesson!

Today is a new day!
Here is me vs my Psychology.
Here is me vs the market:

(I’m the little one by thew way;)
happy hunting!

If somebody resolves this issue or gets contacted with Manta, please add further instructions how to make it work! Thx.

[B]EDIT:[/B] I think this is the problem why:
Here it is, enjoy and happy trading!!!

Main changes: fully customizable layout, ICT H1-H4 or H4-D1 rule option and option to hide Weekly and Monthly Flow in Table.

Download: Attachment 15580

Installation: MT4 folder/experts/indicators

DON’T FORGET TO DELETE OLDER VERSIONS OF BOTH INDICATORS!!!

MANTA MF TABLE 1.1 (Manta_MF_Table_1_1.ex4)

Default settings description is in help.txt.

[B]To make this indicator work, you must have Manta_Market_Flow.ex4 file in your indicator folder, but not necessary attached to the chart![/B]
I use white background in Metatrader, so don’t forget to change textColor, if you use default black background!

MANTA MARKET FLOW (Manta_Market_Flow.ex4)

Default settings description is in help.txt.

Files are ex4, but there are no restrictions."

LTPP can you please add both Manta’s indis here?