The Z Pattern

Hi Ninjist,

Thanks.

Here is the linkSetting up the Charts

Best

There have been a barrage of Z Patterns lately that were big movers. A few of them got invalidated while price brokeout of the pattern but in contrast there were quality Setups to be traded. I wasn’t able to post them all since I was super busy lately but more to that later. Below are valid Z Patterns which traders could have considered;

Cad/Jpy 1H

Price gained momentum and hit classical Tp in the very first push. Then entry level was picked up before prices fell further.

Eur/Cad 1H

The Canadian dollar cross offered another entry a couple of weeks later, this time with the euro. While Prices were already dropping a Z Pattern was a superb opportunity to get on the down trend.

Gbp/Aud 4H

This Z Pattern was a surefire setup to make quick gains.

These were all valid Setups and alert traders would have no problems spotting them and pocketing profits. As mentioned earlier I was super busy, for a very good reason though. I was preparing a series of articles that gives Z Pattern traders the opportunity to make gains from larger moves in the market. Through the application of ‘Value Zones’. In the coming week I’ll get them up and running.

Wish everyone a proftable trading week!

Best

Kasravi,

My chart candle sticks do not line up with yours. What time zone do you use? Are your candle stick settings non standard?

Thanks,
Greg

Kasravi,

Does this chart match up with yours?

AUD/JPY
one hour

Hi Greg,

Looks pretty much the same. Aud/Jpy 1h (Alpari mt-5)

Best

Kasravi,

Got it, I’m looking forward to your work on value zones.

Thanks,
Greg

Kasravi,

Current trade in progress
AUD/JPY
Long
One hour chart
22 pip target
20 pip stop

stopped out - 20 pips

How to catch Bigger moves with the Z Patern?
(update from Tutorial:How to catch bigger moves with the Z Pattern?)

There are Z Patterns at some point of every major price reversal that leads to a new leap on the charts. While we couldn’t possibly watch all timeframes throughout every trading session there are still many other opportunities to enter at the peak or trough of a reversal. See how this Z Pattern below pinpointed a major move on Usd/Chf;

But when and how do we anticipate bigger moves on the charts? Through the application of Value Zones.

Value Zones are areas on the chart where price was targeted. Crucially, they act as price magnets for the market. The higher the timeframe we are looking at the bigger the magnet. READ MORE HERE

Best

Hi Kasravi and Other Member
Long time to Post
I signed in your Blog but i dont know how to get the password
Wait for your reply
Thank in advance

Hi dksticket,

Once you sign up you’ll receive an e-mail which contains the password for password protected content.

Best

Thank for quick reply
Dont know why i put your blog’s email into spam box:34:
I check it again and found your big secret password :59:
Thanks again

Gday Kasravi,
Thanks so much for this thread I have been reading it all weekend and going back over charts trying to identify old Z patterns, I am just getting back into learning to trade and have found the information you post excellent, I look forward to trading my demo account using this system and hopefully moving to live trading in the near future.

Thanks again for sharing
keep it coming
Regards Bbigpips

P.S. I am in Australia , does this work on the Asian market ???

Hi bbigpips,

Thanks for your support

Asian session has its very own environment. While Z Patterns might still work out and in particular Asian zone crosses like Aud,Nzd and jpy. I found consistent success in london hours and U.S overlaps. However demoing these patterns will give you a fantastic base and feeling for it.

Best

Aud/Chf 8h

This Z Pattern could turn momentum around and drag price all the way down to the next Value Zone. However trade management is key here to maximize profits and lower risk exposure.

Best

Hello.
I wanna ask a question. The beginning of the Z pattern consists of two candles. we can measure them in pips from one candle close to another. The end of the z pattern is the same. So my question is: what is the maximum difference in pips between Z pattern beginning and the end, that the pattern would be valid? Or maybe it could be better to measure it by the percentage of all Z pattern?
Thank you.

Hi Eggo,

I wondered why nobody else asked this question any sooner!
You are absolutely right, the top and bottom consist of a certain amount of pips that we want it to be as close as possible to each other. There is no certain number of pips in terms of difference that could validate or invalidate a setup. Because of this we weren’t able to create an EA for this Pattern yet. And it solely comes down to getting your eyes trained to recognize if the line chart is bleeding over the channels,not touching it or closing at it.

That said if you come to any consistent constant on any pair or timeframe we would love to hear about it!

Best

Recent Z Pattern Recaps

Aud/Chd 8h

Two consecutive Setups managed to slam prices lower on this pair both with fantastix risk to reward ratios!

Usd/Chf 1h

We discussed this Setup live over at ZFX.Com. This Setup had the potential to move tremendously higher. But price slowed down on this pair and still gave us a neat 1:2 R:R trade.

Eur/Usd 4h Recap

This Setup appeared yesterday but did not manage to push all the way down. After picking up entry again today. This pair made a major move lower right into out TP target and V.Z.

These were exceptional opportunities with highly rewarding risk to reward ratios. I hope everyone had a great trading month so far.

Best

Sorry for high-jacking your thread but your inbox is full!

It’s been a busy month again, here are some of the valid Z Patterns ;

Usd/Chf 4h

A flawless setup which hit TP without any headaches.

Usd/Cad 8h

Unfortunately this Setup did not work out. Price moved where we wanted it to go but not before picking up our SL!

Gold 1h

I was very keen on this setup, as I was anticipating a big leap from this metal. First TP was hit but the major move came a bit later leaving us with a BE. Sharp traders would have re-entered at the top and made big gains.

Usd/Jpy 1h

A strong signal and a strong sell off.

Gbp/Jpy 1h

A full reversal from this Setup was favourable but still there were good gains to be made.

continued…

Gbp/Aud 4h

My personal fav. by far for this month. This pair was very generous this year and is continuing to build on it’s reputation. A clear Z Pattern spiked this strong reversal!

Wish everyone a successful trading Week.

Best