The Z Pattern

Hi Kasravi,

Been browsing through the forum and saw your thread. Interesting way to look at reversals. Do you still plan to continue here or just moved everything out, on your own blog already?

Hi Funnypip,

Glad you are interested.
Let me tell you that, ZFX blog is there to read through the various articles and tutorials. So one doesn’t have to go through a whole thread to understand and evaluate the Pattern.

This thread continues as long as there is an interest in it among traders, like yourself!
So if you have a question or would like to share a Setup fire away.

Best

I’m on a tablet so I can’t save and attach here (or I’m not that good at this), but it seems that eur/usd on 2h chart just formed a nice Z pattern in the last 5 bars.

There is also a gbp/usd 8h z-pattern concluding as I type, 3 bars length. Again sorry for not posting the screen.

I’m in front of my computer now so I can post the setups. Eurusd although looks good has an impossible entry, at the end of that long wick, too low to enter because it’s too close to the TP.

As for the gbp/usd 8hrsI made a mistake. The last 8hr bar will conclude only in 3hrs from now on. So although looks like a correct pattern, it isn’t.

to update the previous post, the pattern eventually worked, though only for 11 pips so far

Subscribed a while back, just got a chance to fully read everything and looking at price history… amazing stuff. Thanks for sharing.

A set up I found on EURUSD H4 on May 29. Would have been a loss but if you put in some buffer below the wick it would work out fine.

Another one, also EURUSD H4. Very small but proved that it worked!

GBPUSD H1 closing in 10 minutes.

For educational purposes, let’s say the Z pattern turns out perfect. How would you play this set up when entry candle or the exit candle has such wicks? Do you skip it?

On reading this threads z-pattern making me very interesting.

Set up within past 24 hours.

Audnzd h1

Audchf H1

Is this a valid pattern? Part of it was sticking out of the channel.

EURAUD M15 perfect set up. Just like mentioned in your website, this was the end of a news move.

EURAUD M15. The wicks makes this unplayable but just to see where it goes.

UPDATE - yes, it made it to the target.

UPDATE - another Z formed but got ran over rather quick.

EURAUD. This little Z in m15 may be pin-pointing the beginning of a reversal. Let’s see how it goes.

ีupdate - amazing result!

GOLD 6H,

Price action on this metal created a neat Setup. However we’re risking running into the NFP release in a few hours.
(What is the Policy on News? Learn the most dreaded and unpredictable news announcements in which You do not want to get caught up in ).
Traders have to be vary entering this Setup and adjust accordingly.

Best

Hi Panupat,

Thanks for posting all these charts!

No this setup would be invalid in my books, regardless of it working out.

Best

Textbook!

Best

A live trade I took. Added a few pips buffer beneath the entry wick so it wasn’t stopped out. Got pretty close tho.

Closed because I’m heading out for dinner, don’t wanna risk NFP. About 0.4R.

edit - forgot to mention. USDJPY h1

update - I’m back, 10 minutes before NFP and it reached TP.

If I was aiming for more than the classical TP, then I’d consider it.

Best

love it, musst train my eyes :smiley: