This Week's Question: If You Already Have All the Money You'll Ever Need, Will You Still Continue Trading?

A hypothetical question for sure but curious to know if you’d still be trading if you already have all the money you’ll ever need? That means all your bills can be paid, your kids can go to whatever school they want; basically, you can afford to NOT work. Certainly not Jeff Bezos rich but more like “financially free” as some would call it.

If you were already financially free, would you still be trading? Why or why not?

8 Likes

I will never have so much money that I could just live off capital, I will always need income to fund expenditure. Therefore I can’t see myself ever not trading.

Its not like hard work after all.

6 Likes

This just proves your love for trading! Love it!

4 Likes

If I were financially free, and my money was magically growing…I’d just do what I want. Travel, enjoy the beach, buy amazing health insurance.

However, there’s no such thing as “magically growing”. Now, if I reached my goal amount, and I could afford to do nothing…I’d still trade forex. My goal will only grow bigger or morph into something else.

I can’t just reach a certain dollar amount and just relax. That’s how you lose everything. In order to maintain it, you have to keep doing the same thing that got you there.

However, I would like to occasionaly rent out the movie theatre for myself and have movie marathons. Lord of the Rings, Avengers, Transformers (animated and live action), Jason Bourne trilogy, Terminator, Star Wars, Predator, and of course…Fast and Furious.

5 Likes

Ok this may not quite be the “Holy Grail” - but it will put your head in the right place !

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Multiple-Streams-Income-Generate-Unlimited/dp/0471655783/ref=sr_1_11?dchild=1&keywords=multiple+streams+of+income&qid=1632874631&s=books&sr=1-11

Those of us with self sufficiency - can cope with whatever life throws and still have the ingenuity to proceed - Yes I’ll still be trading - though maybe not exclusively in “Forex” :wink:

WhY ? - because life is a game - and the money is just a way of keeping score ! :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

@Falstaff Thank you for the book recommendation.

Ah… This is the GOAL…Then everything will be just for fun, and certainly “Trading” will definitely be fun. It’ll be just a game where you won’t lose even when you lose money. One day… One day…

On the other hand, When I achieve “Financial Freedom” I hardly think I’ll stay in front of a screen most of the time Travelling all around comes first and sure, time to time I’ll check the account and have some fun. A beautiful GOAL…

5 Likes

Without a doubt. In my case for two reasons:

1. It’ll keep me sharp with age. I already enjoy stuff like chess and poker. Trading is just as fun and challenging. With a better knowledge base hopefully I’ll take long term positions in a diversified portfolio in multiple asset classes.
  2. Probably the best way for me to keep abreast of what’s happening around the world. From geopolitical events, to significant movements in the various sectors, technical breakthroughs and generally how well economies are doing. Ever since I started I’ve never looked at news the same way. Keep trying to find correlations and how it affects markets.
3 Likes

Trading is kinda becoming my way of life. Stopping means to stop
living

4 Likes

This dude is free for movie nights…If only wishes were horses lol

1 Like

It’s not against forum rules. You have a problem with that?

1 Like

I am already financially free(my time is my own, mortgage paid off etc) but I still desire more things. MOre money more holidays more savings etc

1 Like

of course yes.Trading is very interesting to me.

Yes I would, but I would not risk much.
I trade because I enjoy it, and I would keep trading even if just for entertainment and to keep my mind sharp.

1 Like

Interesting question…similar to one I asked you to ask not long ago. I phrased it differently though. i think I asked how much money would you need to make to stop trading.

1 Like

I enjoy trading and i would think no matter what ill always be doing it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I AM A FOREX TRADER.

I AM A TRADER!

I AM A TRADER!
I am a Trader

2 Likes

I would still trade, no matter how much cash you have, if you stop earning income, you would be broke with time

3 Likes

I wouldn’t stop completely. I would rather start placing stop and limit orders because I would have more knowledge on the spercific pair I would be trading.

1 Like