This Week's Question: What are Some of the Reasons You Think Trading is Difficult?

Whether these reasons were encountered when you were still new to trading or maybe even now that you’ve gained more experience…

What are some of the reasons you think trading is difficult?

10 Likes

I just had an emotional moment. I lost twice, and I started getting frustrated. I got so frustrated I kept losing and losing.

Most of us suffer from the same basic things. Today, the market got the best of me and I lost emotional control.

1 Like

When we lose once we try to recover the lost amount from trading… and somehow that act of desperation leads to making hasty choices that most of the times doesn’t work in our favor.

Because there’s money involved, Fear and FOMO plays a big role. Somehow money can smell those statuses and get away from us. The calmer we are, more clear minded we are we make good choices, but when it comes to money, we need more “Right Now” and that makes things difficult.

3 Likes

I take time off if I lose a trade. Zen mindset of being detached from what’s happening to my trades in the market. It is what it is.

2 Likes

before i start profiting , i think forex is a scam
after i constantly profiting ,i look back at the game ,the rule ,and the motive behind them ,im so sure forex is a scam,everything disigned to kill you

I feel like, when it comes to trading, the more rational and logical you are, the more you’re likely to be profitable. :open_mouth: Unfortunately, I’m not naturally those things. :sweat_smile: So it’s been a struggle.

2 Likes

As a day trader, there are two things I find the most difficult to tolerate.
1 - Accept that I can have many losing trades in a row (I have a very solid money and risk management, so I know that I never, ever will risk too much… it’s merely an emotional thing).
2 - Choppy markets in which I can find no quality setup for days - like now :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Luckily I am very disciplined, I always stick to my strategy and I never try to bend the rules. But the filp side of the coin is that now I’m rarely finding good opportunities and my patience is really put to the test. Well, it’s hard now :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Trading is difficult because markets can be unpredictable, and sudden changes in prices can have a significant impact on trading strategies.

Trading used to be really difficult for me until I had my strategy coded into an EA. Now, I don’t touch trading at all as the EA is 100% hands off (it opens trades and closes them). MT4 just sends me an alert when ever a trade is opened or closed. Usually I get between 2 and 4 closed trades a day (all winners). The EA trades 24/7. Lovely!

Can you give more details?