What trading challenges do you face as a forex trader?

Hi @tommor, there are ways to increase your trading performance.

The key is trading stats. I show you how Price Action work in AUDUSD, specifically aim for Engulfing Pattern.

You can see how it can improve trading stats, Profit Factor 4.38. Win rate is more than 70%.

The same method can’t be applied to all instruments. Every instrument has its own characteristic. One of patterns that is useful for AUDUSD’s Price Action is engulfing candle. You have to find under what circumstances this engulfing will give high probability win rate.

There are many others unique patterns too, we needs a lot of patients to find them one by one. I found this patterns after months of back testing. The reward is totally super super worthy :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I usually scale out of trades so I can get some profit out of the move…If the price is going up, it has to respect the 14EMA. Once it breakout of the trend and closes below the 14EMA on the 5-minute timeframe, I’m out of the trade.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I often have scaled in / pyramided trend-following positions in consistent and continuing trends. Pyramiding is what makes the difference between winning traders.

Scaling out is something I have only done through scaling out of the pyramid trades. I’m still not convinced this is the best way to protect unrealised profits - I would love to see some statistical evidence on this - but it seems to work alright.

Oh yeah, I definitely do that. But I can’t keep up with the news all the time. Sometimes I’m busy in real life and an important news happen…

The biggest challenge that I face is keeping my cool when the market gets crazy volatile. Also, Sticking to my trading plan can be tough. Plus, there’s always new economic news to keep up with :expressionless:

So far I discovered that emotions can really mess with your trading! I find it so hard to keep my feelings in check, especially when greed kicks in. It’s like, every time I see profits, I think, “Maybe just a bit more,” and I end up not booking them. And losses? Oh, those are the worst. I keep holding on, convinced I’ll recover somehow, but it usually just gets worse. These two things - getting greedy with profits and not cutting my losses - are my biggest struggles.

Welcome to the community! Many traders can relate to that. It’s tough to stay disciplined, especially when greed and the fear of losses kick in.

1 Like

Thanks @chimmyfx for welcoming me.

I have simple stuff like a bunch of MAs, looking for crossovers. and then a big indicator with order blocks and stuff ICT teaches. Plus MACD.

I’m trying to see if volume by buyer versus seller tells me anything.

Sometimes the market goes beyond my imagination level and I can’t catch the flow even with market analysis and it’s so challenging to me.

Interesting! :blush: But I do understand and can relate to being overwhelmed by market movements and all the analysis you have to do. :sweat_smile: But I’m curious, how do you come up with your “imagination levels”? :smiley: If you don’t mind! :smiley:

I’m using few brokers. Reasons, brokers is also fragile. I split my risk by differentiate between them.
My primary brokers are:

1. IC Markets :1st_place_medal:
  2. Pepperstone :1st_place_medal:
  3. Go Markets :1st_place_medal:
  4. FP Markets :1st_place_medal:
  5. Exness :2nd_place_medal: + :2nd_place_medal:
  6. Vantage Markets :2nd_place_medal: + :2nd_place_medal:
  7. XM :2nd_place_medal:
  8. Saxobank :2nd_place_medal:
  9. Dukascopy :2nd_place_medal:
  10. Multibank :2nd_place_medal:
  11. CMC Markets :2nd_place_medal:

( I’m not advertising them and have no relation by any chance. But if they give me commission I will be happy to get some for a cup of coffee :sweat_smile: )

I have also been using others broker for experimental, meaning I am not convinced yet to run a real account with them. The above, I had personally visited their office or good contact / process with them. I have been monitoring their price quality for years.

I’m looking for good brokers to try out. thank you for suggesting a few.

What does the medal beside the broker’s name represent?

Hi @menaagina, medal means broker quality.
:1st_place_medal: very good experience, price good, low spread, price good, execution good, regulation good, staff serve you like a king. Your bad day will turn to a happy day :grin:

:2nd_place_medal: means the broker good, but their price, leverage, spread are quite “fat”, slippage is happened occasionally but normal . Since they are well regulation, the weaknesses can be ignored. Their staffs are also professional.

Two :2nd_place_medal: means the broker almost can be considered a :1st_place_medal:. But their price can’t compete yet. Some of them lack of 1st tier regulator. But their staffs are superb, never let me down. Met some of them, and yes … friendly, handsome and beautiful :smile:

As a forex trader, there are several common challenges that many of us face. One of the biggest is managing emotions, especially during periods of volatility or when trades aren’t going as planned. Emotionally driven decisions can lead to impulsive trading, which can be detrimental.

Another challenge is staying disciplined with our trading strategies and risk management rules. It’s easy to get caught up in the excitement of potential gains or losses, but sticking to a well-defined plan is crucial for long-term success.

Market analysis and staying updated with economic indicators and geopolitical events also pose challenges. The forex market is influenced by a wide range of factors, and interpreting their impact on currency pairs requires continuous learning and adaptation.

Lastly, overcoming losses and maintaining a positive mindset can be tough. Every trader faces setbacks, but learning from mistakes and staying resilient is key to improving and growing as a trader.

What challenges have you found most significant in your forex trading journey?

Fear and greed, the 2 evils!!!

These 2 often mess with my emotions, making it hard for me to use risk management strategies like stop-loss orders and position sizing.

Been trading for a while now, but I still struggle with managing the emotions of greed and fear. They often lead me to make poor decisions.